PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Watson to Brownies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine if Watson would've left one of these women pregnant, or several. NFL would probably ban the kids from ever playing football.

This is getting great. If Goodel bans Watson for a year, shouldn't he ban the entire Texans organization for a year also? The plot thickens. The NFL being exposed once again. Don't the Texans have an evangelical pastor running the show down there? Easterby & McNair, two religious freaks. The hypocrisy comes full circle.

This is getting great. If Goodel bans Watson for a year, shouldn't he ban the entire Texans organization for a year also? The plot thickens.

No

The NFL being exposed once again. Don't the Texans have an evangelical pastor running the show down there? Easterby & McNair, two religious freaks. The hypocrisy comes full circle.

What's the hypocrisy supposed to be?

What's the hypocrisy supposed to be?
That the 2 Texans religious freaks are running a brothel of sorts for the Chosen one. That Snyder was running another NFL team rife with sexual harrasment and abuse of women. That Goodel is trying to appeal to women. It's glorious.

That the 2 Texans religious freaks are running a brothel of sorts for the Chosen one.

That's clearly not what was happening, at least according to the information we currently have.

That's clearly not what was happening, at least according to the information we currently have.
Only the 1st of many more suits to be filed against the Texans. Buzzbee rocks.

I wonder if Buzzbee will reach out to Mingbi & Lulu to sue Robert Kraft & the New England Patriots.

This is getting great. If Goodel bans Watson for a year, shouldn't he ban the entire Texans organization for a year also? The plot thickens. The NFL being exposed once again. Don't the Texans have an evangelical pastor running the show down there? Easterby & McNair, two religious freaks. The hypocrisy comes full circle.

Pft is reporting that the NFL might accept a 6 to 8 game suspension of Watson... 6 weeks seems light, considering... We play the browns in week 6... so at the very least it takes him off our schedule regardless...

The actual quote the story is based on:

From Rob Maaddi of the Associated Press: “I’m also told the NFL, despite insisting on indefinite suspension, wants to avoid the appeals process — source said ‘a terrible situation for everyone involved’ — so league is more likely to abide by Sue Robinson’s ruling IF she came back with 6-8 games.”

I think most people think the judge will give at least an eight game suspension if not more, so most of the rest of the conjecture is based on a premise that is likely to be false.

I hate how everything gets sexed up these days...

The actual quote the story is based on:

From Rob Maaddi of the Associated Press: “I’m also told the NFL, despite insisting on indefinite suspension, wants to avoid the appeals process — source said ‘a terrible situation for everyone involved’ — so league is more likely to abide by Sue Robinson’s ruling IF she came back with 6-8 games.”

I think most people think the judge will give at least an eight game suspension if not more, so most of the rest of the conjecture is based on a premise that is likely to be false.

I hate how everything gets sexed up these days...
yeah, i know, nothing is set in stone... only conjecture at this point...

indefinite suspension is fine with me... so is 6 games... every advantage that becomes available helps our cause...

Is this true? Has any player been suspended for more than 6 games for their 1st violation of PCP?

according to this List of suspensions in the National Football League - Wikipedia

Yes...
ray rice ... josh brent... pac man jones... mychal kendriks... chris henry... tank johnson

that was just a cursory scan, not sure if all or any are first time suspensions
Most of those guys were in constant legal trouble, were convicted of an actual crime where somebody died, or had previously been suspended. Rice's indefinite suspension was vacated on appeal.

I'm thinking the NFLPA may have a legal argument for the length of the suspension based on PCP and precedent. But who knows. Goodell can always appeal and do whatever he wants, which would be final.

Most of those guys were in constant legal trouble, were convicted of an actual crime where somebody died, or had previously been suspended. Rice's indefinite suspension was vacated on appeal.

I'm thinking the NFLPA may have a legal argument for the length of the suspension based on PCP and precedent. But who knows. Goodell can always appeal and do whatever he wants, which would be final.
that is true, with most things based around criminal charges etc... but just because Watson didnt get indicted, doesn't mean his actions weren't criminal, if the allegations are true... but just based on sexual harassment, Ewokiel Elliot gets 6 games for 1 woman... that should Watson get for 24?

as for precedent, I would argue that 8 game suspensions have been used in the past, so to argue that only 6 games is fair wouldn't be correct... my interpretation of what the past disciplinary actions have shown

could always put him on the commissioners exempt list until all the cases are resolved... he gets paid, but cant play - like he did with adrian peterson; and if this stuff goes into 2023, i betcha the Browns will think about? move to? terminate his bonuses, especially if more people come forward...

but even if they just stick to the base minimum, im good with that... he'll miss the Pats game, which to be honest is all i care about...

Last edited:
that is true, with most things based around criminal charges etc... but just because Watson didnt get indicted, doesn't mean his actions weren't criminal, if the allegations are true... but just based on sexual harassment, Ewokiel Elliot gets 6 games for 1 woman... that should Watson get for 24?
From what I've read NFL is focusing on 10 cases they seem to think have the strongest evidence. But this isn't a hearing to convict him of anything, just to show he violated the PCP and his punishment. Ben was accussed of rape by 2 women and got 6 games, later reduced to 4, I believe.
as for precedent, I would argue that 8 game suspensions have been used in the past, so to argue that only 6 games is fair wouldn't be correct... my interpretation of what the past disciplinary actions have shown
I'm sure he'd be happy with 8 games. The 6 games was a question on if the PCP in fact says that for 1st violation. Idk
could always put him on the commissioners exempt list until all the cases are resolved... he gets paid, but cant play - like he did with adrian peterson; and if this stuff goes into 2023, i betcha the Browns will think about? move to? terminate his bonuses, especially if more people come forward...
I think exempt list ship has sailed since they've concluded their investigation and having a disciplinary hearing. Also, from what I read, his contract is immune to him losing his bonuses.
but even if they just stick to the base minimum, im good with that... he'll miss the Pats game, which to be honest is all i care about...
True.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye