PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Vikings vs. Packers: update on Favre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Childress was dead wrong. Favre didn't have a good game by any stretch of the imagination... but you don't throw the whole loss on your quarterback (or any one player, for that matter). You win as a team and you lose as a team. Childress needs to talk to Favre man to man. Not back the bus up over him in front of the entire country.

Watch the sh!tstorm this is going to turn into. It's great for us because we just have to sit back and prepare and it will take a lot of the glare off of the "Moss returns to New England" storyline. But, for them, this is potentially devastating. If hasn't already lost the locker room, he will after tonight.

No, I agree that Childress was dead wrong, you dont make those comments about any player, no matter who he is. Shows what a bad coach Childress is, would you ever see any of the top coaches in the league making comments like that?

I think Favre is better than that and won't really make what Childress said into a big deal. He has plenty of other things on his plate, and I dont think he would make any more comments on this to escalate this subject. He is better than that

As long as he doesn't suddenly find the excellent form he had during the regular season last year we will be ok.

Big Vikes fan here and I am completely dumbfounded. I cannot figure out how he performed lights-out last year and how he has been so poor this year in comparison. The team hasn't changed much at all. I know our schedule has been tougher this year so far, but we have had a shot to win basically every game near the end and it just isn't getting done when we were doing it last year

But I still have hope. The one thing Favre brings to the table more than anything is confidence that the team he is on has a shot against anyone they are going up against. I am not going into next week with high expectations (the Favre-Moss connection has been a bust thus far) but I know we at least have a shot next week. You can never count the guy out.

Kinda pathetic on both ends. First for Childress throwing Favre under the bus like that, but then for ESPN and Dilfer to completing take Favre's side and do nothing but praise him and say Childress was dead wrong.

On a side note, did anyone else notice Collingsworth trying to blame the WRs for all of Favre's INTs?

i didnt hear childress but difler was really stupid . like favre never discusses what is said in the locker room outside. give me a break... ed werder knows info before most of him teammates know it. brett is a very savvy media manipulator who works his persona by talking like some simple guy and limps just a little more so he gets noticed. sorry i personally dont buy a think he says...

They lost to Reggie White and that one day wonder Heisman dude. They didn't "lose to Favre" in that game.

It's funny seeing adults act so immature and being denial about things like this. Did Favre even play in the game, according to your memory?

I just rewound it on DVR. Direct quote on the loss: "It still goes back to taking care of the football. You can't throw it to them, you've got to play within the confines of our system. Sometimes it's okay to punt the football. Um, you know, and you can't give them seven points going the other way. Not in a game like this. Not with a high-powered team".

wow, after watching Favre talk, I actually feel bad for him with the whole **** pics situation and his play on the field. I wonder if he regrets returning now.

Last edited:
i didnt hear childress but difler was really stupid . like favre never discusses what is said in the locker room outside. give me a break... ed werder knows info before most of him teammates know it. brett is a very savvy media manipulator who works his persona by talking like some simple guy and limps just a little more so he gets noticed. sorry i personally dont buy a think he says...

This really isn't relevant at all to whether or not Childress should have thrown the entire loss on his quarterback. Basically, Dilfer is criticizing Chilly for being wrong in that regard. And he's been spot on the entire time.

I just rewound it on DVR. Direct quote on the loss: "It still goes back to taking care of the football. You can't throw it to them, you've got to play within the confines of our system. Sometimes it's okay to punt the football. Um, you know, and you can't give them seven points going the other way. Not in a game like this. Not with a high-powered team".

Childress's system is wack.

Peterson should be getting 25+ carries every single game.

If he doesn't trust Favre, then stop putting him in situations where he'll screw it up.

What I am reading from this is that Favre did not follow the called play and chose his own play that resulted in the interception... This is probably an issue the coach's had with him from last year. Good times, hopefully, they will be fighting each other all the way to next week.

If he doesn't trust Favre, then stop putting him in situations where he'll screw it up.

Agree here. However it is hard to tell what Childress's system is when the entitilist prick is throwing the ball.

Bingo.

What I am reading from this is that Favre did not follow the called play and chose his own play that resulted in the interception... This is probably an issue the coach's had with him from last year. Good times, hopefully, they will be fighting each other all the way to next week.

At least two of those interceptions looked to be the fault of the receiver, so I'm all that sure about that. However, like I said, even if that's the case, you just don't throw your quarterback under the bus like that to the entire media. You don't do it. You talk to him face to face and point this out during film sessions.

However, like I said, even if that's the case, you just don't throw your quarterback under the bus like that to the entire media. You don't do it. You talk to him face to face and point this out during film sessions.

In Favre's case, being such a media prima donna, maybe publicly calling him out on national press is the way to reach him.
Maybe he doesn't care what is said to him in private film sessions.

Wasn't this the problem with him when he was on the Jets? I read here that the players were laughng in the huddle as Brett blew off the play called in and picked his own. Why they brought back this human train wreck is beyond me.

Now they're looking at and old bum with a bad ankle, bad elbow, and they are afraid to end the streak by sitting him...in addition to compounding the problem by buying him his new toy where he can just "Chuck it up to Moss."

Not to mention the whole "junk mail" episode.

It would really freak me out if he pulls one of his last remaining lights-out performances out of his anus for the next game.

It's funny seeing adults act so immature and being denial about things like this. Did Favre even play in the game, according to your memory?

talk about immature. i watched that game from beginning to end and it's because of favre that you can no longer take your helmet off on the field. the reason the packers won that game was a hold on vinatieri on the return by howard. favre played, like he normally does. overrrated and nothing great. where has favre been since ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST