PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Vikings vs. Packers: update on Favre

Status
Not open for further replies.
They lost to Reggie White and that one day wonder Heisman dude. They didn't "lose to Favre" in that game.

I didn't say he was totally responsible for winning it but he had a great game that day. And you got to respect that.

Just look at him limp off the field.

Oh come on, he's ALWAYS limping, holding something, etc. after a game. Same ol', same ol'.

And again, anyone who HOPES Favre plays next week is insane. As I said in the other topic, Favre's UPSIDE is a millions time better than Jacksons. In fact, Favre's upside is among the best in the league.

He's been more off than on this season but much like Brady, when he gets going he really gets going.

That's the 2nd call today I saw where I can't even fathom how these refs could call Harvin's catch a TD... I mean WTF. His 2nd foot was clearly on the white, I'm not even sure if the 1st was all the way in. And he signals TD? The other one was Big Ben fumbling from almost the 1 yard line into the end zone and getting it ruled a TD somehow. I understand it's a difficult job but these refs are absolutely attrocious sometimes.

I actually felt kind of bad for him as he was walking off the field to a chorus of boos.

I actually felt kind of bad for him as he was walking off the field to a chorus of boos.

I did too, it wasnt even like he beat them tonight. The Packers still won.

I have even more respect for him after watching this game tonight, he is an absolute warrior.

After bringing all the excitement right at the end of the game its bad form to boo him but then again they are big rival teams.

Favre has all the money in the world and him trying to cheat on his wife once again and sending those pics/voicemails is COMPLETLEY his fault.

Yet for some reason, I feel bad for him? I have no idea why. As said it's 100% his fault but it's just so weird to see this legendary quarterback turn into what he is now.

Favre has all the money in the world and him trying to cheat on his wife once again and sending those pics/voicemails is COMPLETLEY his fault.

Yet for some reason, I feel bad for him? I have no idea why. As said it's 100% his fault but it's just so weird to see this legendary quarterback turn into what he is now.

After bringing all the excitement right at the end of the game its bad form to boo him but then again they are big rival teams.

If Drew Bledsoe had gone out of his way to find his way onto the Jets, would you not have booed him? Not a rhetorical question, I'm asking honestly: I can see both sides of that.

Last edited:
If Drew Bledsoe had gone out of his way to find his way onto the Jets, would you not have booed him? Not a rhetorical question, I'm asking honestly: I can see both sides of that.

No, I don't think I would boo him tbh. It would be different if the guy left us for money or something but not a guy who lost his starting spot. Its understandable in that situation.

No, I don't think I would boo him tbh. It would be different if the guy left us for money or something but not a guy who lost his starting spot. Its understandable in that situation.

well the packers gave him lot of chances to make a decision before installing rodgers as the starter. he then wanted to come back when he felt like and wanted the job back..

Wow. If you guys aren't tuned into ESPN right now, you should be. Chilly had his press conference and just threw Favre under the bus in EPIC fashion to the national press. They're talking about it right now. Dilfer is killing it.

This is going to be a huge issue for the Vikings all week long.

Wow. If you guys aren't tuned into ESPN right now, you should be. Chilly had his press conference and just threw Favre under the bus in EPIC fashion to the national press. They're talking about it right now. Dilfer is killing it.

Kinda pathetic on both ends. First for Childress throwing Favre under the bus like that, but then for ESPN and Dilfer to completing take Favre's side and do nothing but praise him and say Childress was dead wrong.

On a side note, did anyone else notice Collingsworth trying to blame the WRs for all of Favre's INTs?

what did he say? Favre is talking I missed it.

Kinda pathetic on both ends. First for Childress throwing Favre under the bus like that, but then for ESPN and Dilfer to completing take Favre's side and do nothing but praise him and say Childress was dead wrong.

On a side note, did anyone else notice Collingsworth trying to blame the WRs for all of Favre's INTs?

Childress was dead wrong. Favre didn't have a good game by any stretch of the imagination... but you don't throw the whole loss on your quarterback (or any one player, for that matter). You win as a team and you lose as a team. Childress needs to talk to Favre man to man. Not back the bus up over him in front of the entire country.

Watch the sh!tstorm this is going to turn into. It's great for us because we just have to sit back and prepare and it will take a lot of the glare off of the "Moss returns to New England" storyline. But, for them, this is potentially devastating. If hasn't already lost the locker room, he will after tonight.

Brad Childress is a clown but he's right that Favre killed them today.

At the same time, it's Childress's fault for making the offense based around Favre.

The Vikings should emulate the 1998 Broncos. Build the team around the stud running back. Use play action and keep the old QB upright.

what did he say? Favre is talking I missed it.

I just rewound it on DVR. Direct quote on the loss: "It still goes back to taking care of the football. You can't throw it to them, you've got to play within the confines of our system. Sometimes it's okay to punt the football. Um, you know, and you can't give them seven points going the other way. Not in a game like this. Not with a high-powered team".

Last edited:
Childress was dead wrong. Favre didn't have a good game by any stretch of the imagination... but you don't throw the whole loss on your quarterback (or any one player, for that matter). You win as a team and you lose as a team. Childress needs to talk to Favre man to man. Not back the bus up over him in front of the entire country.

Watch the sh!tstorm this is going to turn into. It's great for us because we just have to sit back and prepare and it will take a lot of the glare off of the "Moss returns to New England" storyline. But, for them, this is potentially devastating. If hasn't already lost the locker room, he will after tonight.

or ignite favre to come and screw us again :mad:

well the packers gave him lot of chances to make a decision before installing rodgers as the starter. he then wanted to come back when he felt like and wanted the job back..

Yup. I imagine it went something like this...

McCarthy: Hey Brett, you've been saying you're retiring for the past, like, decade now. Are you serious this time?

Favre: I dunno. Probably. Yeah.

McCarthy: Because we got this Rodgers kid that we burnt a first round pick on, and it's been three years now, and he's been waiting---

Favre: I didn't say I was retired, just probably retired.

McCarthy: And that press conference where you were tearing up?

Favre: I felt like I was done at that time. And that hasn't changed...much.

McCarthy: So, should we just send you a smoked ham and thank you for everything you've done?

Favre: You can do that, I think. Though I might give it one more try. I dunno.

McCarthy: Make up your mind, man. The draft is coming up and we need to decide what we're going to do here.

Favre: Right. Well, I'll let you know when I'm ready to tell you.

McCarthy: *sigh*

[Closer to the Draft]

McCarthy: Hey listen, Brett, have you made up your mind?

Favre: Maybe.

McCarthy: Well, listen, thanks for everything, but we're going to go in a different direction. We're handing the keys over to Rodgers.

Favre: Wha--? You can't do that, this is still MY team! I didn't say I was done! Did you hear me say I was done?

McCarthy: Many times, yes.

Favre: Well, I'm not, Mike! I'm not. Get me on the phone with Ted.

McCarthy: You call him, f*ckwad. *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference