PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: TNF Browns at Steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rivers played with his ACL shredded. QBs have played with broken ribs, separated shoulders, etc...

I'm not saying that Big Ben is a sissy or anything, but it's not like he's the only QB who's shrugged off the pain and played.

it's not just tonight

he's always hurting and playing

i admire that part of ben's game

i seperate the off the field douchebag that he is

For sure, he can play through pain as well as anyone I've ever seen. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for his victims.

oh he's definitely a criminal off the field, i'm just focusing on the on the field stuff

it's not just tonight

But, again, Brady's always hurt and playing.

I'm not knocking Big Ben. I'm just not willing to ignore what other QBs go through to play.

But, again, Brady's always hurt and playing.

I'm not knocking Big Ben. I'm just not willing to ignore what other QBs go through to play.

yeah true i shouldn't have said toughest

it is pretty amazing how some of these qbs just play through injuries

big ben's theatrics are annoying, sympathy whore.

I watched an ESPN special yesterday "year of the quarterback: the Chosen one, tebow" after a mean hit during a game he was a bit sluggish and as the game progressed a limp was developing. finally in the last quarter he scored a TD hobbling into the endzone. After the game they took him to the hospital and X-rays showed his fibula(lower minor leg bone) cracked in half.

I believe he played a full game with a sprained ankle that year as well. that kids tough as hell, he didn't want sympathy, no exaggerated hobble or melodrama, just kept his mouth shut n played.

Brady's another guy that avoids the injury drama. most QB's do I assume

ben n favre 2 great QB's also 2 biggest drama queens.

Last edited:
steelers are ******* *******s

Philip Rivers played a game basically without an ACL, Brady played games with broken ribs, fingers, elbow and shoulder injuries, Peyton Manning played a game with a broken jaw once. Even Eli is a tough dude who has played thorugh a various assortment of injuries. But since Favre and Roethlisberger milk their injuries the most, the media thinks of them as the only QBs in the NFL who can stand any pain whatsoever. Please...

it's not just tonight

That's where you make your mistake. Ben is a drama queen of Favresque dimensions. Both of them are like Susan Lucci whose acting career was prolonged due to the ability to cry on cue. Whenever they screw up or play poorly or just can't seem to get it going they come up lame or hanging a shoulder or flexing a hand until things turn around and it looks like an opportunity to will themselves back in could lead to epic ballwashing as a savior...a trait the Sanchize also possesses... I've always felt it was that personality quirk in Ben as much as anything that drove Cowher's decision to take a sabatical... Their sparring over how hurt or if he was hurt at all used to be comical to watch from an outsiders perspective.

If Colt McCoy wasn't so totally inept absent being concussed, and Big Show Holmgren wasn't the egomaniac who can't admit his dreadful personnel mistakes that he is...Ben might not have gotten the chance to redeem himself and play the wounded warrior card yet again. Obviously Mangini wasn't the problem in Cleveland, either. I think Browns fans and mediots are probably cursed for what they did to and said about BB... They got their franchise back but it's doomed to perpetual suckitude.

big ben's theatrics are annoying, sympathy whore.

I watched an ESPN special yesterday "year of the quarterback: the Chosen one, tebow" after a mean hit during a game he was a bit sluggish and as the game progressed a limp was developing. finally in the last quarter he scored a TD hobbling into the endzone. After the game they took him to the hospital and X-rays showed his fibula(lower minor leg bone) cracked in half.

I believe he played a full game with a sprained ankle that year as well. that kids tough as hell, he didn't want sympathy, no exaggerated hobble or melodrama, just kept his mouth shut n played.

Brady's another guy that avoids the injury drama. most QB's do I assume

ben n favre 2 great QB's also 2 biggest drama queens.

Completely agree. Every single game the guy appears to go down with an injury - Writhing! Clutching at various body parts! Help needed to get up and sometimes to the sidelines! Limping around on the sidelines! Trainers and coaches concerned! Oh look - our hero Big Ben is coming back in!! Makes me sick. The fact that the guy attacks women in his spare time doesn't thrill me either.

Completely agree. Every single game the guy appears to go down with an injury - Writhing! Clutching at various body parts! Help needed to get up and sometimes to the sidelines! Limping around on the sidelines! Trainers and coaches concerned! Oh look - our hero Big Ben is coming back in!! Makes me sick. The fact that the guy attacks women in his spare time doesn't thrill me either.

lol, i had to watch his pressers on nfl network for laughs:popcorn:

some of Bens BS from what I can remember.

"I just wanted to help get us the win, whatever I can do"

"well at first I thought I broke both my legs, never felt pain like that before"

"it might be a high ankle sprain, we'll see"

Pitt fans are fooled by this nonsense, lol. I know he was hurt last night but all that hobbling around like a 1 legged pirate could've been done behind closed doors.

Bens 2 step approach 1st get Sympathy vote, 2nd put on Yellow cape n play fraud hero

Vick's another drama queen cut from the same clothe as Cheeseburger face and favre, the whole thing's embarrassing

Last edited:
Just saw the hit..I didnt watch the game because unless its the first few weeks of the season I dont watch crap games..it wasnt that bad of a hit really. Just looked a tiny bit twisted, not to big a deal really...it was all an act when he "came back and led his team to victory"

He played up the hit to distract viewers and mediots from the idiocy that led to it... It's the oldest trick in the book. I was counting down in anticipation of that hit for like 6 seconds. Ben's style is predicated on his overall belief that if you consistently get away with something it must be the right thing to do...on and off the field.

Does this mean we have to hope for the Ravens to win now and win the division?

It's confusing

It's confusing

Steelers at 49ers next week. They will punish Ben.

Ravens at Chargers next week. Rivers seems to be peaking at the right time.

It's confusing

If it is the number one seed you desire, then you hope both lose a game, if they both or one of them win out , we are number two if we win out.

ahem..........after watching that game and seeing Antonio Brown this season I have come to a conclusion.

the patriots should just draft the WRs the Steelers are looking at.

ahem..........after watching that game and seeing Antonio Brown this season I have come to a conclusion.

the patriots should just draft the WRs the Steelers are looking at.

Or the Packers. We're good either way.

yeah...OK...and just how does that work anyway???

..."OK,Bill...I got Green Bay and the Steelers on the conference call...go ahead..."

"yeah, uh...um...hello...this is Bill Belichick...say, I was just wondering...who are you guys considering on selecting in this years draft?...just give me your full rundown and mock draft....thanx a million!!"...

Hey look!!! You guys nailed it!!...

72f18e03ea65fe56233b56055b782f9c.jpg

lol, i had to watch his pressers on nfl network for laughs:popcorn:

some of Bens BS from what I can remember.

"I just wanted to help get us the win, whatever I can do"

"well at first I thought I broke both my legs, never felt pain like that before"

"it might be a high ankle sprain, we'll see"

Pitt fans are fooled by this nonsense, lol. I know he was hurt last night but all that hobbling around like a 1 legged pirate could've been done behind closed doors.

Ben's 2 step approach: 1st get Sympathy vote, 2nd put on Yellow cape n play fraud hero.

Vick's another drama queen cut from the same cloth as Cheeseburger face and Favre, the whole thing's embarrassing.

The bolded part isn't exactly hard to do. PitsDirt Squealer fanboys & fanmutts are the stupidest, most blindly enabling homer sheeple in football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST