PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: The Carolina Panthers have fired Ron Rivera

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad. He's a good coach.

Browns, Jets or Giants will hire him.

And so it begins....wonder who the next coach will be ?

Teams move on from head coaches way too often when the HC isn’t the problem and doesn’t have enough talent to win. This guy was always up to the task of not getting outsmarted by Belichick. Now you go out and hope to find someone as good as him and probably need to change philosophies (so much for those guys you were building around). Seems nonsensical to me, like a mandate of “make the playoffs or else!” and losing your franchise QB for the year.

Pretty unfair to get fired when your quality (though injuries have taken their toll) starting quarterback goes down for the year and you're forced to move forward with an undrafted guy who got benched halfway through his senior year for playing poorly at a mediocre AAC program.

The big issue with Ron is his coaching exposed Cam to the injuries in the first place. Using him as a runner ended up dealing him a lot of lower body injuries, which sapped him as a passer. Long term loss for short term gain.

They oughta hire a Teflon coach this time...or at least one coated with Tepperware...:confused::eek:

Teams move on from head coaches way too often when the HC isn’t the problem and doesn’t have enough talent to win. This guy was always up to the task of not getting outsmarted by Belichick. Now you go out and hope to find someone as good as him and probably need to change philosophies (so much for those guys you were building around). Seems nonsensical to me, like a mandate of “make the playoffs or else!” and losing your franchise QB for the year.

Pretty unfair to get fired when your quality starting quarterback goes down for the year and you're forced to move forward with an undrafted guy who got benched halfway through his senior year for playing poorly at a mediocre AAC program.

To be clear here, Rivera has had 6 losing seasons out of 9

To be clear here, Rivera has had 6 losing seasons out of 9

Yeah, he's not great. Just a weird year (or, at least, time of year) to fire him. After last year's 1-7 finish would have made more sense.

Yeah, he's not great. Just a weird year (or, at least, time of year) to fire him. After last year's 1-7 finish would have made more sense.
Seems like a shift in the organization. Its not just Ron. I guess they got rid of a bunch of scouts as well.

Agreed abt killing Cam but he's never done anything for me. He'll find a DC job tomorrow if he wants.

This job has to be very intriguing to McDaniels!
No quarterback and an owner who wants to take more of a hands on approach? I’m not seeing the fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye