PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Roethlisberger not exactly a gentleman on the night of the incident

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice_Ice_Brady

I heard 10,000 whispering and nobody listening
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry to start a new thread rather than add to the existing thread on the alleged sexual assault. However, this topic is actually a new story about the incident and otherwise would not be looked at while at the bottom of the other thread.

Amber Hanley is a 21-year-old college student. Reportedly, she and a few friends were also in the VIP area with Roethlisberger. Amber Hanley said she asked the Steelers QB to take a photo with her friend, but he "seemed disappointed that's all she wanted."

Amber Hanley said she rolled her eyes, and Roethlisberger called her a name and walked away. Meanwhile, Roethlisberger was seen aggressively hitting on another girl later, Amber Hanley added.

What a winner this guy is. Seriously.

Amber Hanley Details Roethlisberger Friday... | Gather

Sorry to start a new thread rather than add to the existing thread on the alleged sexual assault. However, this topic is actually a new story about the incident and otherwise would not be looked at while at the bottom of the other thread.

Amber Hanley is a 21-year-old college student. Reportedly, she and a few friends were also in the VIP area with Roethlisberger. Amber Hanley said she asked the Steelers QB to take a photo with her friend, but he "seemed disappointed that's all she wanted."

Amber Hanley said she rolled her eyes, and Roethlisberger called her a name and walked away. Meanwhile, Roethlisberger was seen aggressively hitting on another girl later, Amber Hanley added.

What a winner this guy is. Seriously.

Amber Hanley Details Roethlisberger Friday... | Gather
Yeah, I read that too, and it doesn't paint Rothliesberger in a good light, but that bit about he "seemed disappointed that's all she wanted" sent up red flags. Any time a woman reads a man's mind and thinks she knows what he is thinking, she is probably wrong. And vice versa, of course. But to say this was true about Rothlesberber because some decided that was what he was thinking is just sketchy.

TMZ was reporting that a few days ago, so take it for what it is. As good as it is for breaking news (when you're offering cash for tips, you'll tend to get most of them), it also attracts bottom-feeders. Basically, I guess I'm just saying that I wouldn't be in any rush to believe what some woman who ran to TMZ thought that BR was thinking.

And even if it's 100% true, that just shows that he's a jerk, which isn't exactly breaking news. That's well-documented and pretty much beyond dispute.

He seems like a complete piece of garbage.

I don't understand why two out of three respondents to this thread have already discredited this woman. If you guys go to Steelers message boards or listen to talk shows, there is, and has been for a long time, lots of rumblings that the guy is a total jerk. I read one post about how BR stole the poster's girlfriend, hitting on her despite seeing she was already there with him. ESPN just played a clip the other day of another local guy who said BR constantly hits on his wife, saying inappropriate things (she is a waitress at a golf club), despite her telling him to stop. And then, there is another alleged rape in Colorado.

Am I saying he is guilty? No, I didn't say that. But given ALL of these accounts, I don't see why people are quick to discredit this woman as a "bottom-feeder" or "not credible." The bottom line is, Ben's own defense team has tried to make it public that he was acting completely normal and in-line that night. Now someone steps up and talks about an incident that indicates he was "aggressive" and clearly disrespectful to her (calling her a name.) All I know is, when there's this much smoke, there's fire.

Last edited:
We need another thread to discuss that Ben is a turd ... one was not enough?

I don't understand why two out of three respondents to this thread have already discredited this woman.
I didn't discredit the woman. I said that just because she THOUGHT that was what Rothlesberger was thinking doesn't mean that was what he was thinking at all. If I thought you posted this just to annoy Steeler fans, would that make it true?

What bothers me are comments like this:
I don't understand why two out of three respondents to this thread have already discredited this woman. If you guys go to Steelers message boards or listen to talk shows, there is, and has been for a long time, lots of rumblings that the guy is a total jerk. I read one post about how BR stole the poster's girlfriend, hitting on her despite seeing she was already there with him.
Just because fans call him a jerk has nothing to do with this thread, which was that a woman thought Rothlesberger wanted more, and people seem to treat that as fact.

and especially this:
All I know is, when there's this much smoke, there's fire.
Yeah, sure. Interesting due process. He's accused, therefore he must be guilty.

he was no worse than Broadway "I want to kiss you on national TV" Joe. if he did not do anything criminal that is.

Did you read the article? I know nothing about it, but drawing conclusions from this thing is ridiculous. It's a gossip piece.

While having nothing to do with this incident, a photo of Ben Roethlisberger wearing a "Drink Like a Champion" t-shirt, looking a litle out of it, and standing next to a woman has been circulating. Alternatively, some have said it was Amber Hanley, and some said it was her friend, but according to CBS, it is neither, and the picture is from 2006.

It has nothing to do with this piece, but we have apicture of him drunk. We'll put her name in it in case people scan through, while saying it's not her, or her friend and it's from 2006.

Incisive journalism!

I don't understand why two out of three respondents to this thread have already discredited this woman. If you guys go to Steelers message boards or listen to talk shows, there is, and has been for a long time, lots of rumblings that the guy is a total jerk. I read one post about how BR stole the poster's girlfriend, hitting on her despite seeing she was already there with him. ESPN just played a clip the other day of another local guy who said BR constantly hits on his wife, saying inappropriate things (she is a waitress at a golf club), despite her telling him to stop. And then, there is another alleged rape in Colorado.

Am I saying he is guilty? No, I didn't say that. But given ALL of these accounts, I don't see why people are quick to discredit this woman as a "bottom-feeder" or "not credible." The bottom line is, Ben's own defense team has tried to make it public that he was acting completely normal and in-line that night. Now someone steps up and talks about an incident that indicates he was "aggressive" and clearly disrespectful to her (calling her a name.) All I know is, when there's this much smoke, there's fire.

I didn't discredit the alleged victim. I'm a little skeptical of the person who went and gushed to TMZ, for pretty obvious reasons. Those are two completely different people from two completely different incidents, though. Maybe you ought to brush up on the article and get your facts straight before you post it. I have no opinion re: the woman who may have gotten assaulted, because at the end of the day we have no idea what happened.

Last edited:
I didn't discredit the alleged victim. I'm a little skeptical of the person who went and gushed to TMZ, for pretty obvious reasons. Those are two completely different people from two completely different incidents, though. Maybe you ought to brush up on the article and get your facts straight before you post it. I have no opinion re: the woman who may have gotten assaulted, because at the end of the day we have no idea what happened.

Just because she ran to TMZ with the story to make a few bucks doesn't mean it didn't happen. It means she wanted to make some money off her story. That doesn't mean it's right or wrong, it just is what it is. So to say someone's story is less credible because of that is completely naive. Yet you're basically calling people naive for believing the girl. Well the same can be said for you. You would have to naive to write off what these woman are claiming.

And yes, where there is this much smoke. There is usually fire. You can't dispute that with anything logical.

This is all coming together. Roethlisberger raped Cromartie after Marshall beat him up. All that's left is for TO to cry about it.

Just because she ran to TMZ with the story to make a few bucks doesn't mean it didn't happen. It means she wanted to make some money off her story. That doesn't mean it's right or wrong, it just is what it is. So to say someone's story is less credible because of that is completely naive. Yet you're basically calling people naive for believing the girl. Well the same can be said for you. You would have to naive to write off what these woman are claiming.

And yes, where there is this much smoke. There is usually fire. You can't dispute that with anything logical.

Just because Matt Walsh's claim that he taped the Rams' SB practice was an obvious attempt to latch onto the Spygate gravy train, that doesn't mean that that didn't happen either, right? I mean, there was plenty of smoke there, so by your reasoning there must have been fire... right? Seriously, Pats fans, out of everyone, should understand how this works by now. I sincerely have to question the intelligence of any Pats fan who was around for Spygate and still hasn't figured out that you can never take the innuendo reported by agenda-driven rags from agenda-driven sources purely at face value.

Is this Amber Hanley woman lying? I have no idea. She very well might be telling the truth, I don't know. What I do know is that she had a monetary incentive to say something 'newsworthy' about Roethlisberger, she clearly doesn't like the guy, and nobody can fact-check what she said, so she can pretty much say whatever she wants and that's that. I'm not saying that it didn't happen, and I'm not writing anyone off. I'm just pointing out that it's pretty foolish to take TMZ-reported innuendo that has virtually nothing to do with the case at hand as compelling evidence one way or the other. Maybe it happened and maybe it didn't, but if that's enough to convict the guy in your head, then that really just says an awful lot about you. Personally, I'm going to wait until we actually hear something compelling one way or the other; considering that the alleged victim was hospitalized, there's a very good chance that there will be enough evidence there to make a case of he really did assault her. Until then, let's not jump to conclusions just because we don't like the guy.

What you have here is yet another piece of anecdotal evidence from someone whose credibility we have reasons to doubt. Sometimes people like that turn out to be right (Jose Canseco), and sometimes they turn out to be liars (Duke lacrosse accusers, Matt Walsh). But you can't just take it as true at face value, and even if you could this piece of information tells us nothing that we didn't already know: that Roethlisberger's an idiot, a jerk, and a drunk.

And yes, I'll agree that there's a lot of smoke here. The smoke is that Roethlisberger has already been accused of rape on a separate occasion. The fact that he called a woman a mean name because she didn't want to have sex with him is not smoke. It's him being a jerk. And once again, I'd point you to Matt Walsh for a great example of "where there's smoke, there's fire" in all of its ******ed glory.

Last edited:
Someone could say that I was disappointed that I didn't get the orange juice that I wanted. All I was offered was breakfeast juice.

******* breakfeast juice.

Agree with you completely! And, what about the stories in the Pittsburgh press about him skipping out on tabs, and yelling his 'I shouldn't have to pay, I bring you business just being in the place' types of comments? I'd bet my paycheck that the man's a complete jerk. I hate to go out on a limb here. If I'm guessing who's lying in this case, it wouldn't be the woman. Child please!

I don't blame her for going to TMZ. No matter who she went to would make money from this, so why shuldn't she get a piece.

Though, I suppose she didn't have to go to anyone in the press with it...

A little off topic here, but I figured I'd provide this interesting little piece of info. My co-workers wife works with his ex in Pittsburgh. She dumped him last year to go back to her previous boyfriend. This all went down just prior to the Steelers wayward slide to loserville. Needless to say you got to love seeing this jerk get thrown to the side for the everyday blue collar working man. Priceless!

I didn't discredit the woman. I said that just because she THOUGHT that was what Rothlesberger was thinking doesn't mean that was what he was thinking at all. If I thought you posted this just to annoy Steeler fans, would that make it true?

What bothers me are comments like this:
Just because fans call him a jerk has nothing to do with this thread, which was that a woman thought Rothlesberger wanted more, and people seem to treat that as fact.

and especially this:
Yeah, sure. Interesting due process. He's accused, therefore he must be guilty.

You make the illogical jump from "seemed disappointed" to "reading his mind". So, if I'm standing there watching you sobbing into a tissue while saying "poor me", I'd be "reading your mind" to assume that you "seemed sad"?

With stuff like this, we will never know the whole story so i think we should all let the legal stuff take care of it's self, and stick to football.

I never thought I'd EVER actually say this. And I feel filthy for doing so:

It didn't really happen unless the National Enquirer jumps on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST