PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Rick Nash to Bruins for 1st rounder, Lindgren, Spooner and Belesky

Krecji is a legit top tier playmaking center that simply hasn't had linemates commensurate with his skills since Lucic and Horton. Anyone who 'knows the game' can't conceivably believe Ryan Spooner will ever approach Krecji's skill level.

Krecji is a legit top tier playmaking center that simply hasn't had linemates commensurate with his skills since Lucic and Horton. Anyone who 'knows the game' can't conceivably believe Ryan Spooner will ever approach Krecji's skill level.

Krecji's injuries have sapped his game. He's better than Spooner, but he's still a shell of what he was.

Ahh! No wonder why they've been forced to sit on that contract. I mean, I always liked him a lot as a really underrated Centermen, but I don't trust his health.
another sh.itty Peter Chiarelli contract. He gives out no-trade contracts like Halloween candy.

Horton - Krecji - Lucic

Debrusk - Krecji - Nash

They might be thinking it was the best they could do to ignite him again with physical line mates.

for that alone, yes, makes perfect sense

backes is big and will sometimes mix it up but he’s not really known for physical play

i will say the recent stanley cup teams played “heavy”, so to speak. nash certainly
adds some size

another sh.itty Peter Chiarelli contract. He gives out no-trade contracts like Halloween candy.

the krecji, chara and the ference (not as offensive) are/were crappy deals.

it reeks of paying them for the ‘11 cup

they are better off now as chara’s contract while crappy for roi, isn’t as crappy with this incredible youth movement we’re witnessing all at once. chara is essentially being paid to lead but also to sheperd the transition off to mcavoy, the latter blowing my mind how good he is at his age.

sweeney overpaid backes, too, but honestly the market is all out of whack right now, so sweeney channeling his inner bb here, has been great.

the defenseman market is about to get really bad so sweeney needs to keep drafting defensemen to keep costs down.

that and rask dropping the ‘tude
and snapping out of it, have been the keys.

i am 41 and grew up i
with those 80’s/‘90s teams, but i have never seen anything like this as a diehard. jacobs has sucked the life out of the franchise for so long, i am in shock how exciting this is

I had originally ass-umed that Nash had one more year remaining on his contract, so I could at least rationalize the Bs giving away their 1st-rounder for somebody who at least had one cost-controlled season more than just a rental.
Now that I know better, this trade looks much worse than I had originally ass-umed it looked. The Rangers now have our 1st- AND 3rd-round picks in this year's draft, plus Ryan Spooner, and we have two Rentals whose combined age is 63.

Krecji's injuries have sapped his game. He's better than Spooner, but he's still a shell of what he was.

I will believe that Krecji's game has been sapped if he can't get it done when surrounded with more than 3rd line talent. It's impossible to evaluate a playmaker playing without at least one finisher

I will believe that Krecji's game has been sapped if he can't get it done when surrounded with more than 3rd line talent. It's impossible to evaluate a playmaker playing without at least one finisher

He's played with better than 3rd line players and still struggled. He hasn't been the same player post hip injuries.

I honestly thought we'd try to deal Krejci, unload that contract and then slot Spooner up to his more natural position at Center, and sort of move on from Krecji at the point.

Claude was too busy forcing him to play wing, where he comes off far more like a natural Center to me.

Krecji has that great vision, great passer, but that is a bad contract and he's always hurt. I don't trust he'll be available this postseason. I hope I am 100% wrong on that this year.

I don't really agree with the comment about his defense. He's sort of a defensive minded forward to me, but I was always curious how he'd look with someone like a Nash or a talented set of wingers.

Do you have any examples to share about his defensive play being a liability?
There were at least 2 times yesterday against the Leafs where he failed to see a play develop and he was late in trailing plays that led to scoring chances.

I’ll say this, Spooner improved his game the past few seasons but he was still pretty inconsistent for a second liner. Krejci is overpaid but I trust his 2 way game at center way more than Spooner’s.

There were at least 2 times yesterday against the Leafs where he failed to see a play develop and he was late in trailing plays that led to scoring chances.

I’ll say this, Spooner improved his game the past few seasons but he was still pretty inconsistent for a second liner. Krejci is overpaid but I trust his 2 way game at center way more than Spooner’s.

well, of course. i actually think spooner projects the best at 3rd line center, but some
thinks is d stinks at center. i have
never felt that way, but whatever.

The Bruins currently have a surfeit of 3-4 centers and Donato is on the way

How valuable are these first round picks? I’m only a casual hockey fan. Are they comparable to the NFL or more than the NBA where these late First don’t have a lot of value?

How valuable are these first round picks? I’m only a casual hockey fan. Are they comparable to the NFL or more than the NBA where these late First don’t have a lot of value?

usually, top 15-20 of rd 1 are safe, almost foolproof picks, but like anything else it varies by year. i would say mid or later rd picks are not the same potential impact you might see with the nfl.

plenty of udfa’s make it and do quite
well in the nfl, but that just doesn’t happen in hockey.

the krecji, chara and the ference (not as offensive) are/were crappy deals.

it reeks of paying them for the ‘11 cup

they are better off now as chara’s contract while crappy for roi, isn’t as crappy with this incredible youth movement we’re witnessing all at once. chara is essentially being paid to lead but also to sheperd the transition off to mcavoy, the latter blowing my mind how good he is at his age.

sweeney overpaid backes, too, but honestly the market is all out of whack right now, so sweeney channeling his inner bb here, has been great.

the defenseman market is about to get really bad so sweeney needs to keep drafting defensemen to keep costs down.

that and rask dropping the ‘tude
and snapping out of it, have been the keys.

i am 41 and grew up i
with those 80’s/‘90s teams, but i have never seen anything like this as a diehard. jacobs has sucked the life out of the franchise for so long, i am in shock how exciting this is
lmao you were the one who was so desperate for a trade.

Not valuable at all. Teams overvalue late 1st rounders and even middle of the round picks. You're drafting an 18 year old who won't sniff the AHL for two years and probably the NHL for three or four, and that assumes they develop as normal. This isn't the NFL. For every Charlie McAvoy there's a Zach Hamill.

Nash looked like the best Bruin on the ice tonight, for what it's worth.

First round picks are very valuable, and you can find a lot of talent beyond the top 10. In fact, Boston's youth moment is largely based on having had a lot of 1st round picks in the past few seasons. All of Boston's first round picks since 2010

Seguin
Hamilton
Subban
Pastrnak
Zboril
Debrusk
Senyshyn
McAvoy
Frederic
Vaakanainen

Either are, or look as if they will be, legitimate NHL players, with the possible exception being Subban, who was a very questionable pick from the beginning. The last definite 1st round bust for the Bruins was Jordan Caron, in 2009.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back