PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Rick Nash to Bruins for 1st rounder, Lindgren, Spooner and Belesky

Nash is good, but he's not the 2007-2010 Nash. Still, he'd be a good piece for a push in the playoffs.

I was really hoping for McDonough.

I don’t know bro, that’s a lot for a rental..

Damn straight it is. And Nash is the definition of a true rental, he walks after this season.

Don't like losing spooner. Good young skill forwards don't grow on trees

I hope it works.

Sweeney was making me very nervous with these rumours, but i guess it could have been worse for what he gave up. I always liked spooner, but he would be the young player to unload out of all of the options. I was afraid sweeney might do something really stupid in this bizarro world position the bruins are in right now.

PS The Bruins got hosed last night. That was textbook goalie interference.

I don’t know bro, that’s a lot for a rental..

True, but he's on his last year of his contract, so unless the Bruins are going to sign him long term (given his age and health, I wouldn't do it), I'm not sure of the value here.

Hoping this isn't a reaction to Bergeron leaving Toronto wearing a walking boot and needing to pick up a finisher to help replace his goal scoring. It just seems like the price was awfully high.

Rangers in serious rebuild mode. In the past few days:

Traded: Rick Nash, Nick Holden, Michael Grabner

Acquired: Spooner, Lindgren, Rykov, Bellesky, Bruins 1st Rounder, Bruins 3rd rounder, Devils 2nd Rounder

And they still could move Zucerrello and McDonagh by tomorrow.

Last edited:
Rangers in serious rebuild mode. In the past few days:

Traded: Rick Nash, Michael Grabner

Acquired: Spooner, Lindgren, Rykov, Bellesky, Bruins 1st Rounder, Devils 2nd Rounder

And they still could move Zucerrello and McDonagh by tomorrow.

I still want McDonagh. Unless TB pulls off a deal for Karlsson, adding Nash and McDonagh would put the Bruins in the drivers seat in the East.

Last edited:
Hoping this isn't a reaction to Bergeron leaving Toronto wearing a walking boot and needing to pick up a finisher to help replace his goal scoring. It just seems like the price was awfully high.

i don’t think so. probably a way to isolate it to deal with swelling. didn’t the puck off the skate happen in the 2nd and didn’t he play after it?

i don’t think so. probably a way to isolate it to deal with swelling. didn’t the puck off the skate happen in the 2nd and didn’t he play after it?

He did play after that but he sure went off the ice awkwardly and often times once the skate comes off...
The only reason I brought it up is the inclusion of Spooner AND a 1st just seems too damn high and smacks of desperation. Either that or Sweeney & Neely think this team is a lot closer to making a very serious run than most of what I read and the folks I talk to. Hockey is my first sports love, if only it translated well to TV it would be immensely more popular. I played at the collegiate level and follow the pro game pretty close, this was a steep price for a rental of a player that's still effective but past his prime,

He did play after that but he sure went off the ice awkwardly and often times once the skate comes off...
The only reason I brought it up is the inclusion of Spooner AND a 1st just seems too damn high and smacks of desperation. Either that or Sweeney & Neely think this team is a lot closer to making a very serious run than most of what I read and the folks I talk to. Hockey is my first sports love, if only it translated well to TV it would be immensely more popular. I played at the collegiate level and follow the pro game pretty close, this was a steep price for a rental of a player that's still effective but past his prime,

maybe but i think he would know if it
was a break. could just be sore/swollen and they needed to isolate it asap to keep swelling down.

hopefully that is all it is

for whatever reason, they have a hard on for nash for years. i have never quite understood it

Definitely an overpay. 1st rounder alone is too much for a rental who has seen better days

it would be kind of funny if nash somehow morphed into a good postseason player. he is going from a stupid all star teambuild approach franchise to one that is better at playing with a system/purpose, so we shall see.

A home run of a trade.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Back