PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Portnoy In Trouble?

Portnoy has spent his entire life straddling the line, so no these allegations don't surprise me. That said, I doubt much comes of it because it sounds more like Portnoy doing just enough to blur the lines and be a creep but isn't clear enough to make a legal case. I grew out of Barstool once they stopped doing Ass of the Day so I am emotionally divorced from the drama over there.

It was GTA.

That isn't what is happening here. From her story, she said she wanted to stop and he wouldn't. He had consent for sex, that doesn't mean he has consent to do whatever he wants, especially if she says stop.
I wasn't there, I don't know, only those two do. At least one of the two girls tried to hook up with him again and sexted him afterwards. So now we're down to one.

If he was videotaping them or got too physical there must be proof, but you can't convict off "he said, she said."

Without question a lot of college age kids have sexual encounters they regret, make dumb mistakes. Many naive girls enter into a sexual encounter with a guy thinking it's going somewhere beyond sex, afterwards they feel used. This has led to false imprisonment in some cases when the girl cries rape. Regret isn't rape. Kids, especially young women, need to be educated early on the false lure of fame and money.

Last edited:
I wasn't there, I don't know, only those two do. At least one of the two girls tried to hook up with him again and sexted him afterwards. So now we're down to one.

If he was videotaping them or got too physical there must be proof, but you can't convict off "he said, she said."

Without question a lot of college age kids have sexual encounters they regret, make dumb mistakes. Many naive girls enter into a sexual encounter with a guy thinking it's going somewhere beyond sex, afterwards they feel used. This has led to false imprisonment in some cases when the girl cries rape. Regret isn't rape. Kids, especially young women, need to be educated early on the false lure of fame and money.
I think you're creating a scenario that doesn't happen often. Rape is unfortunately very very common.

For whatever reason, I just rarely buy any of his characters
That’s exactly where I am, I’m not sure why. He just doesn’t seem like an adult most of the time to me. I don’t dislike him either, just don’t find myself buying the characters
His best acting job.
I’m embarrassed to say I haven’t seen this one. Sounds like I better add it to the list

Derek Jeter had a fine tuned, precision system in place designed to indemnify him from unnecessary complications.

Jeter would send 'em out the door in the morning with a gift bag....no doubt captured by security cameras.
Nice gesture.....and a perfect device to establish the evening's conquest's state of mind the following morning.

Tough to successfully claim "victimhood" when you depart with autographed paraphernalia and a radiating glow

Davey needs to do better than handing 'em a slice of day old pizza and a some chafing ointment

He wasn't the only one who had a sophisticated system in place to indemnify himself.. a lot of smart celebrities do/did this as well. The "morning gift" method has been around a pretty long time- way back to the early 90's when the tide started to turn on the whole "he said, she said" thing. (And I'm not saying that's a bad thing, just pointing out the history).

EDIT re: morning gift: It actually started in the NBA if I'm not wrong.

Last edited:
That’s exactly where I am, I’m not sure why. He just doesn’t seem like an adult most of the time to me. I don’t dislike him either, just don’t find myself buying the characters

I’m embarrassed to say I haven’t seen this one. Sounds like I better add it to the list

Yep…he’s baby faced which makes it difficult to play a rugged character, and then there’s the degree to which you can’t help always thinking he’s Leo DiCaprio. All famous actors have that to some degree, but it seems extreme with him. I can watch a movie with George Clooney or Bradley Cooper, but after 10 minutes, my mind plays along they‘re someone else and not a Hollywood actor portraying someone else. But I don’t make that mental transition with Leo for whatever reason.

Watch The Revenant though.

A little slow in parts and i'm not a big Leo fan but I thought he was excellent.

I could never take Sacha Baron Cohen seriously but after his performances in The Trial of the Chicago 7 and The Spy he has my respect as a pretty good actor.

I heard from a friend that while he was on set filming "Shutter Island" at the state hospital in Medfied, he wouldn't stop complaining and whining. He complained about the food, the set, his trailer, and the town. He called Medfield a "****ing loser of a town" and my friend heard him tell a bunch of kids: "What the **** are you doing in this town? ****ing losers." The kids answered "We live here."

As they say, happiness is a state of mind.

I heard from a friend that while he was on set filming "Shutter Island" at the state hospital in Medfied, he wouldn't stop complaining and whining. He complained about the food, the set, his trailer, and the town. He called Medfield a "****ing loser of a town" and my friend heard him tell a bunch of kids: "What the **** are you doing in this town? ****ing losers." The kids answered "We live here."

What a ****. Medfield is great town.

Michael C Hall (Dexter) filmed a few scenes in my town near the Wachusett Reservoir. On a break he and couple of the crew had a quick bite at the local pub in town. Word from the owner is he was friendly, polite and left a ridiculous tip.

Not a surprise some of the famous actors are ****heads.

False rape allegations unfortunately are not rare
They actually are. I volunteer for rape response and have actually taken time to learn about this stuff. False allegations are not common. There isn’t much to gain from false allegations.

The victims are shamed, receive death threads, and rapist rarely get punished by the law.

People wonder why these women (and also men) don’t report right away and then immediately assume they are lying when they do report. See what the issue is?

And then when they get harassed to the extent they just drop it, people take it as proof they were lying.

I’m not trying to be a ****, I would really encourage you to open your mind and do some research.

I think you're creating a scenario that doesn't happen often. Rape is unfortunately very very common.
I think there’s a lot wrong with the world, it doesn’t make consensual sex wrong just because one person regrets it afterwards. I don’t know if that’s what happened here but the consensual part upfront is verified. Clout chasing is also very real and I don’t even like this Barstool guy very much.

I think there’s a lot wrong with the world, it doesn’t make consensual sex wrong just because one person regrets it afterwards. I don’t know if that’s what happened here but the consensual part upfront is verified. Clout chasing is also very real and I don’t even like this Barstool guy very much.
How is she chasing clout? Do you think she wants a million degenerates online harassing her? What is she gaining out of this? Think about it for a second. She's got a million people calling her a lying whore.

How is she chasing clout? Do you think she wants a million degenerates online harassing her? What is she gaining out of this? Think about it for a second. She's got a million people calling her a lying whore.

Hold up a second.

This was a specific BI reporter who called up hundreds of people associated with him looking to basically chase/create this story. This wasn't the women came forward of their own volition, the initiator is the reporter persistently looking for evidence. Someone correct me if there's evidence that says otherwise.

Also I don't know if it was both or one, but there are already screenshots being circulated where the girl(s) still text him afterwards saying they miss his d-ck. Women throwing themselves at guys is a real thing, and so is turning consent but later regret into possibly ruining a guy's life. And there are also a ton of real r-pe cases that don't get reported or face viscious backlash against the accuser.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back