PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Portnoy In Trouble?

He already responded on Twitter:

Their stock is plummeting coming off the earnings reports and now this...definitely not good.

Just to make it clear, I definitely don't condone his actions. I've got a 26-year old daughter, so my perspective is probably different but he's been playing with fire for a while and a lot of the details within the article, if true, are certainly disturbing.

Can't read the article. Half joking but at this point people should have both parties DocuSign something before proceeding with further action.

I believe her. I don't think someone would make something like this up about Portnoy knowing the death threats they are going to get it. Really disgusting. At best he video taped someone (and others) without their permission, at worst a rapist.

I absolutely believe her.

They'd have no reason to make this up. They'd be sued if they did and this sounds right on brand. Something is way off about a 40+ year old dude soliciting women who aren't even 20. I mean... yeah.

Portnoy always struck me as obnoxious...now I know he's creepy too. Unfortunately, the Business Insider article has a paywall so I really can't see the details of what took place.

I believe her. I don't think someone would make something like this up about Portnoy knowing the death threats they are going to get it. Really disgusting. At best he video taped someone (and others) without their permission, at worst a rapist.
Exactly. I don't know if it was/wasn't consensual. But it definitely sounds like he did whatever he wanted whether they enjoyed it/wanted it or not and then essentially discarded them. Just awful and it's something that certainly affects girls that age long-term, future relationships, etc. He's definitely not a good person. :mad:

Portnoy always struck me as obnoxious...now I know he's creepy too. Unfortunately, the Business Insider article has a paywall so I really can't see the details of what took place.
Sometimes it's easy to get around them. I try ESC as the page loads.

And I agree with the first part.

Damn, a guy with Portnoy's reputation and worldview? Accused of THAT? I'm shocked.

Just to make it clear, I definitely don't condone his actions. I've got a 26-year old daughter, so my perspective is probably different but he's been playing with fire for a while and a lot of the details within the article, if true, are certainly disturbing.
I've got 3 daughters. Oldest is 19.

If true I hope the girl and family take everything he has.

If not I hope all goes out of their way to apologize and clear his name.

Sometimes it's easy to get around them. I try ESC as the page loads.

And I agree with the first part.

Thanks. I didn't even know this about him...just horrible.

Dave Portnoy makes no secret of the fact that he likes to have sex with young women, and to push the boundaries of what is considered socially acceptable. In many ways, that image is at the core of the brand that has made him one of the wealthiest and most powerful figures in digital media. There are the rape jokes, his repeated use of the N-word on camera, and his harassment of female journalists.

I agree with this.

However,

Based on screenshots people are sharing, it looks like (someone correct this if you see other facts) the girl proactively texted him (he did not initiate), she literally texted to him she had r-pe fantasies, he replied they don't have to do anything she doesn't want, she went to his house, and I see multiple screenshots being posted on social media now of her texting afterwords texting him that she misses his d-ck.

At this point people should DocuSign an actual contract before proceeding. That's how nuts things are getting.

Last edited:

Truthfully, one of the things that's always driven me nuts is Barstool came to where it is largely due to the college girl photo section they had/have. That's essentially how they built their following - exploiting young girls - and how things started way back when. He's been around as long as I have and for him to reach this point, especially at his age (he's two years younger than me) and prey on girls that young, I just don't get it and certainly don't agree with it.

Truthfully, one of the things that's always driven me nuts is Barstool came to where it is largely due to the college girl photo section they had/have. That's essentially how they built their following and how things started way back when. He's been around as long as I have and for him to reach this point, especially at his age (he's two years younger than me) and prey on girls that young, I just don't get it and certainly don't agree with it.
I don't follow "modern" Barstool Sports at all so that brand is literally frozen in time for me as the brand that posted pics of "smokeshow" (Barstool's favorite word) college girls.

This is shocking I say, shocking!!1!

Shocking that it took so long for these allegations to surface. Barstool has been the target of multiple articles, or hit pieces as they like to call them, for years... I think for a while Deadspin had half their staff working on articles like this... Now they going after Portnoy on a personal level...

El Presidente is probably going to get El Impeachedo...

So nope... Not in the least bit surprised by this...

Last edited:
Semi OT: but the current topic title of using MeToo as a past participle ("MeToo'd") can be interpreted as portraying Portnoy as the victim here.

Semi OT: but the current topic title of using MeToo as a past participle ("MeToo'd") can be interpreted as portraying Portnoy as the victim here.
I just updated it. Obviously, that's not how the OP meant it, but I agree - it makes sense to change it.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back