PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT : patsfans on EEI ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all seriousness @ashley1992 is one of my favorite posters on here and I greatly enjoy interacting with her on the site.

Just don't show her picture to my wife :(

Not to condone what she did but women are much nicer to us men then they are to each other ...
Anyone who already knows this is not shocked by that video ......
But ESPN had to suspend her ... guilty for getting caught in the act.

Not to condone what she did but women are much nicer to us men then they are to each other ...
I wasn't too shocked by it. I have a few close lady friends (no sex ;)) and they can be a bit nasty to each other, even if they are friends. But still what she did was very much over the top. Hated the arrogant "I'm on TV!" part in particular.

Last edited:
I do not really understand espn's stance (though I shouldn't be surprised).

I guess they could still fire her. But they'll wait for public opinion, as always. Why keep her around ? (1) She's not a star (2) the network can be more than fine without her (3) she is now a liability : a PR nightmare...

I'm still angry!

Calm down Hedwig....

Neil-Patrick-Harris.jpg

McHenry was being a *****. Anyone that has ever had their car towed knows how bad it sucks and they can be real assholes to you when you go to bail it out. She shouldn't lose her job over this. I'm not even sure she should be suspended.

McHenry was being a *****. Anyone that has ever had their car towed knows how bad it sucks and they can be real assholes to you when you go to bail it out. She shouldn't lose her job over this. I'm not even sure she should be suspended.
It is extremely frustrating, no doubt. In such a position I can't deny that I might drop a couple F bombs. She was saying some pretty disgusting things but I agree she shouldn't lose her job over it.

Due to the timing, doing an internet search for Britt McHenry brings up mostly this incident, but in wading in between those I was expecting to see articles referring to her reporting ability and education, she mentioned her degree a lot, but the internet only seems to refer to articles about her looks, wardrobe, and instagram account.

Seems like the internet is selling her short. Now THAT is something I would think she should really be upset about.

I agree that she shouldn't lose her job, but when you're representing some larger entity or brand (ESPN) and you're caught red-handed on camera degrading someone's education, weight, looks, etc, you are likely to receive some sort of punishment. They don't want people like that representing them, and understandably so.

She's probably lucky that it was only one week. It could've been a lot worse, especially with the negative attention that it's currently receiving.

On a side note...

10/10, would smash.

They had to suspend someone for non-criminal behavior while off the clock? That's how far mankind has fallen?

God needs to wipe us all out and start over.

They had to suspend someone for non-criminal behavior while off the clock? That's how far mankind has fallen?

God needs to wipe us all out and start over.
I get what you're saying here, and on one hand I agree - getting a suspension just for flipping out on somebody in a non-violent and non-criminal seems silly.

However, on the other hand, when you're working for a media giant like ESPN, and your behavior casts a negative light on the company, I feel like the company reserves the right to suspend you. It's not like she was arrested, it was a private company deciding to suspend one of their employees. They are simply protecting their brand to a degree.

I guess I can see both sides of the coin. I wouldn't have been upset if she wasn't disciplined and I'm not upset that she is either. If anything, think of the suspension as recompense for the verbal onslaught the other person had to take.

It's more than just that. That company relies on ratings affected slightly by public perception.

If I run a company I'd want nothing to do with a story like this being linked to my business. She is expendable. This is the only reason people know she exists.

Why?? Lol did my explanation and subsequent appreciation not satisfy you?

Because the only thing you can do when you **** up and misunderstand a post is to double down on your own stupidity.

I get what you're saying here, and on one hand I agree - getting a suspension just for flipping out on somebody in a non-violent and non-criminal seems silly.

However, on the other hand, when you're working for a media giant like ESPN, and your behavior casts a negative light on the company, I feel like the company reserves the right to suspend you. It's not like she was arrested, it was a private company deciding to suspend one of their employees. They are simply protecting their brand to a degree.

I guess I can see both sides of the coin. I wouldn't have been upset if she wasn't disciplined and I'm not upset that she is either. If anything, think of the suspension as recompense for the verbal onslaught the other person had to take.

You're off the clock. It's none of the company's business. And backing this sort of nonsense is just going to make it worse. We need to be railing against those businessess that do this, not against the people who are 'caught'.

You're off the clock. It's none of the company's business. And backing this sort of nonsense is just going to make it worse. We need to be railing against those businessess that do this, not against the people who are 'caught'.

She's not Christiane Amanpour.

She's a brand in the popularity business. She failed. It's capitalism.

If it hurts her Q rating, she has no economic benefit to ESPN.

Now if they decide to play her up as a villain and intend to make money off of it, she'll get a raise and more airtime.

My employer treats someone who makes a salary as "never off the clock". If you don't punch a clock in/out and are paid a salary, you are therefore always on the clock and must behave to a standard befitting the company.

I agree that that's kind of screwed up, but it's common practice, I would say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back