PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2021 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Wirfs being out sucks but with the rams secondary being depleted and Brady throwing on an Ave of 2.14 secs last week, I'm not as concerned

so Evans, Johnson, turf toe Miller, John Brown who probably doesn’t know the playbook

lol

Stats mean nothing without context.

Rodgers has a lot of post season TDs in blowout loses that he threw against a Def no longer trying to defend.

He had the ball with 4mins last night with a chance to win, he choked.

He was in the goalline the year before and choked.

The year before against the 49ers he threw all his TDs in the 4th qtr when they were down by 40pts.

Rodgers doesn't have any defining post season moment. At least Peyton does in the 06 championship game
I don't disagree that Rodgers has never been as good as his stats indicate and he has choked a lot also, but Peyton has choked a lot more. The 06 champ game was one half of one game and overall Peyton sucked in that playoff run including the SB that year , which is why he had 3 total TDs and 7 INTs. The only reason they beat the terrible bears in the SB is that Grossman outsucked Peyton.

Peyton has never had a great playoff run (Rodgers has )and he has bad SB performances out of 4 chances. Rodger's 2010 playoff run (not just one half of a game like Peyton) blows away anything Peyton has. Rodgers was on fire for the 2010 playoffs and capped it off with a 3 TD 0 INT 300 yard performance in the SB vs the Steelers.

Peyton had one good half of football during the 2006 playoffs and he sucked in the SB, finished with 3 tds and 7 INTs overall yet that is a defining moment yet 2010 Rodgers finishing with 11 total TDs and 2 INTS and destroying the Steelers in the SB with a great performance is not a defining moment?? Rodger's 2010 playoff run destroys anything Peyton has ever done including the 2nd half of the AFC game.

That 2nd SB ring for Peyton totally changed his narrative even though Peyton was washed up and garbage and had nothing to do with it.
Rodgers has done his fare share of choking, but he lost a lot of games because of a bad defense. Peyton lost more of his games from choking.

Peyton has never had that playoff run where he plays really well all the way to a ring. He has 2 rings, but context matters (old and washed up for the 2nd and sucked minus one half for the 1st). Never. Rodgers did that once. Hell even Flacco did it. Eli has done it. Brees did it also (and completely outclassed Peyton in the SB).

Ball out quick, good on 1st down, get redzone scores and no drops. Lets go!

Yeah I can't put Rodgers over Peyton. No way no how. Manning was a general on the field. He got to 4 SB's. Rodgers got to one.

Actually this game may be the toughest postseason game for Brady as a Buc. Second would be the GB game.

Most experts have picked Rams.

But never bet against Brady.

I know you hate Manning but the Bronces with Manning went 13-3, 13-3, 12-4, and finally 12-4 to win the superbowl. The season after Manning retired the Broncos failed to make the playoffs.

Manning is an all-time great QB. Even a shell of his former self was better than most QBs. Acknowledging where Peyton was great doesn't diminish Brady, if anything it enhances Brady's greatness because he had to face Manning throughout his career
I'm not really sure why you're targeting me with this. I'm on record as saying that I'd slot Peyton in somewhere between #9 and #13 on the all-time QB list.

so Evans, Johnson, turf toe Miller, John Brown who probably doesn’t know the playbook

lol

Gronk, Evans, Fournette and Bernard with Johnson, Miller and Brate is not too bad. It's not ideal but Brady has beaten better teams with worse weapons.

Gronk, Evans, Fournette and Bernard with Johnson, Miller and Brate is not too bad. It's not ideal but Brady has beaten better teams with worse weapons.
Yup way better than the 2018 Weapons he had to work with vs the Chiefs.

Peyton has been to 4 SBs and has signature playoff wins. You can't credit Brady with QB wins and then say his last SB had nothing to do with him.

Of course people can.

First, Manning lost his job for a chunk of the season. Second, his passing yards in the three playoff games were

In those 3 games, Manning threw for 2 TDs and 1 INT.

1642964635223.png

Of course people can.

First, Manning lost his job for a chunk of the season. Second, his passing yards in the three playoff games were

In those 3 games, Manning threw for 2 TDs and 1 INT.

View attachment 40307
He won the games and the SB. He beat NE in a thriller. Obviously that season was not his best but you don't just throw some bum in there and win regardless. And the post of mine you quoted was about career playoffs. You are posting stats from 1/4 runs he made to the SB. The conversation is about Manning vs Rodgers in the playoffs.

He won the games and the SB. He beat NE in a thriller. Obviously that season was not his best but you don't just throw some bum in there and win regardless. And the post of mine you quoted was about career playoffs. You are posting stats from 1/4 runs he made to the SB. The conversation is about Manning vs Rodgers in the playoffs.

Stop it, already, because your argument is terrible. JAG "won" the SF/GB game last night the same way that Peyton "won" in 2015.

And my post was in response to your post, which was about that last Manning run, not his entire playoff career.

Stop it, already, because your argument is terrible. JAG "won" the SF/GB game last night.
JAG didn't and won't win the SB. There is a difference. You make absolutely no sense. Are you saying Manning sucked in the playoffs and made it to 4 SBs? I mean wtf are you on?

I'm not really sure why you're targeting me with this. I'm on record as saying that I'd slot Peyton in somewhere between #9 and #13 on the all-time QB list.
You have Peyton Manning between 9-13th all time?

That's really underrating him lol.

You have Peyton Manning between 9-13th all time?

That's really underrating him lol.
That's not even the debate. We are talking about Rodgers vs Manning and I said Manning is 100x better overall. He has at least had signature moments and made 4 separate runs to the SB, including 3 through NE. He responded by quoting stats from one of the runs. If Peyton Manning sucks overall in the playoffs then I guess only Tom Brady is good. He's choked his share for sure but Rodgers is way behind.

That's not even the debate. We are talking about Rodgers vs Manning and I said Manning is 100x better overall. He has at least had signature moments and made 4 separate runs to the SB, including 3 through NE. He responded by quoting stats from one of the runs. If Peyton Manning sucks overall in the playoffs then I guess only Tom Brady is good. He's choked his share for sure but Rodgers is way behind.
Yeah I can't think of one signature Rodgers moment. Even when they won the SB.

There's no defining drive to win a conference title game or SB.

Montana has the catch game and SB 23.
Brady has SB 49, SB 51, KC in OT
Manning has the 06 title game winning score

Yeah I can't think of one signature Rodgers moment. Even when they won the SB.

There's no defining drive to win a conference title game or SB.
That's right. Manning at the LEAST has a 21 point comeback against NE on his way to the superbowl. This is a NE forum so you can start queuing the excuses, and some are very valid, but it takes nothing away from that game. He has played well in other games that mattered too. You don't go to 4 SBs and suck and comparing him to JimmyG is pathetic.

That's right. Manning at the LEAST has a 21 point comeback against NE on his way to the superbowl. This is a NE forum so you can start queuing the excuses, and some are very valid, but it takes nothing away from that game. He has played well in other games that mattered too. You don't go to 4 SBs and suck and comparing him to JimmyG is pathetic.

Your reading comprehension is way off today.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back