PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2021 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

I kind of agree with this. Colts were getting nothing on the ground, so they decided hey lets throw against a beat up secondary and it worked, but then the front 7 started to get home, force some turnovers and tampa took advantage. It was not bad playcalling.

That makes absolutely no sense at all.
Makes all the sense in the world. As a Patriots fan of what relevance is Brady? None whatsoever. If he wins a game does it help the Patriots? Of course not. If he loses does it help the Patriots? Of course not. Brady's relevant for sentimental reasons only.

Last edited:
Makes all the sense in the world. As a Patriots fan of what relevance is Brady? None whatsoever. If he wins a game does it help the Patriots? Of course not. If he loses does it help the Patriots? Of course not. Brady's relevant for sentimental reasons only.

Literally nothing regarding pro sports has any value beyond entertainment and sentimentality to begin with so what’s the difference? If you desire some unimpeachable truth to guide your life by go take up religion.

Literally nothing regarding pro sports has any value beyond entertainment and sentimentality to begin with so what’s the difference?
So then to you, it makes no difference who wins any game. It's all just entertainment. Personally, having tribal DNA in me, I enjoy rooting for a specific team, so to me it matters.

To each his own.

Literally nothing regarding pro sports has any value beyond entertainment and sentimentality to begin with so what’s the difference?

It does run deeper than that on a societal level, according to social anthropologists. Some have suggested sports are an important "safety valve" surrogate for tribal warfare. @tom444 alludes to this.

Last edited:

Wow. 49ers have really been thrashing JG. Probably mad that they picked him over Brady.

It would be fitting if Trey Lance ends up being a JAG and JG goes somewhere where he has some success. I always thought he'd end up back with NE, then possibly Bucs but Brady is playing longer then anyone expected. I don't think a team has to give up too much for JG as 49ers want him gone anyways. I hope he ends up in Pittsburgh. It actually looks like a good fit.

Last edited:

Wow. 49ers have really been thrashing JG. Probably mad that they picked him over Brady.

It would be fitting if Trey Lance ends up being a JAG and JG goes somewhere where he has some success. I always thought he'd end up back with NE, then possibly Bucs but Brady is playing longer then anyone expected. I don't think a team has to give up too much for JG as 49ers want him gone anyways. I hope he ends up in Pittsburgh. It actually looks like a good fit.
I think he'd be pretty good with the Saints.

I think he'd be pretty good with the Saints.

If he can stay healthy, and just not suck, and if the 49ers demands are reasonable....

Saints
Texans
Steelers
Browns
Giants
Lions
Panthers

and others might show interest.

Strange comments right now yet again from Shanny given Jimmy has just gotten them into playoff position these last few weeks. It's like he is purposely sabatoging the team because he didn't get the Qb he wanted.

So then to you, it makes no difference who wins any game. It's all just entertainment. Personally, having tribal DNA in me, I enjoy rooting for a specific team, so to me it matters.

To each his own.
Teams are made up of players. We had the greatest player in the history of football for 20 years. Does not get much more "tribal" then rooting for that player to continue to win given almost his entire historic legacy is tied to the Pats.

Strange comments right now yet again from Shanny given Jimmy has just gotten them into playoff position these last few weeks. It's like he is purposely sabatoging the team because he didn't get the Qb he wanted.
It's probably an awkward situation right now for the 49ers.

They gave up 3 1st Rd picks to get Lance.

I imagine the worst scenario for Lynch is that they already had their starting QB but instead of giving the team better players to make a Superbowl run, they instead squandered it on a backup QB.

Ego is a big thing, after that move up for Lance the 49ers have to trade Jimmy and start Lance and hope he is at least equal to Jimmy

Last edited:
Teams are made up of players. We had the greatest player in the history of football for 20 years. Does not get much more "tribal" then rooting for that player to continue to win given almost his entire historic legacy is tied to the Pats.
Agreed. I mean if we had to pick one a team in the league that is as irrelevant to our Pats as a team could get...the Tampa Bay Buccaneers would be the one.

Not in our conference, no history, no rivalry, no connection to the Pats in any way before 2020, no notable games other than this year's, not a previous Super Bowl opponent, nothing, nada. If Brady wasn't there nobody would pay attention to them unless we're cheering for them to beat a team to help us in the standings or a team we hate like thumping the Raiders in the Super Bowl. That was fun.

Cheering for Brady to win in Tampa is not difficult at all and isn't at the expense of our team other than what it was in week 4.

Now if Brady was say a NY Jet... that would be a problem :)

Last edited:
.......................We had the greatest player in the history of football for 20 years............................
"To live in the past is to die in the present." - Bill Belichick.

IXSY4PAYFBEXZLGHI6ZNZMN3LQ.jpg

Last edited:
Agreed. I mean if we had to pick one a team in the league that is as irrelevant to our Pats as a team could get...the Tampa Bay Buccaneers would be the one.

Exactly, and Brady is on that team making him irrelevant to the Patriots.

images-2.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey IAN, either move this thread back to the main forum or just admit it’s ok for people to just troll and derail things here with impunity. It’s ok, it’s your website you can obviously allow whatever you want. Just let’s drop the charade that any of this is in some good faith.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back