PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2021 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Thuney was not worth the contract given him IMO. But my point was not about this past off-season but the year before.

Bill spent 15mil for 1 year of service on a player he was not planning on signing long term, in a rebuild year was a terrible decision.

Gilly wanted a little more money. Spread that 15mil he gave Thuney over 4 years and he could have given that to Gilmore and that would have given him the raise he wanted.

Or that money could have been used other places.
Agree. I think they wanted to keep Thuney. Just couldn't agree on contract length. Yea they prob should have traded him but that would give the appearance BB is throwing in the towel on 2020 (when he actually did) Same with trading Gilly.
Not sure why you mentioned Andy Johnson.
AndyJohnson was/is a poster who took every sentence and debated/argued it. That was his format. Sometimes it's helpful to separate topics. Sometimes it's maddening. I try not to do it.

Last edited:
Agree. I think they wanted to keep Thuney. Just couldn't agree on contract length. Yea they prob should have traded him but that would give the appearance BB is throwing in the towel on 2020 (when he actually did) Same with trading Gilly.

AndyJohnson was/is a poster who too every sentence and debated/argued it. That was his format. Sometimes it's helpful to separate topics. Sometimes it's maddening. I try not to do it.
Even though we disagree maybe half the time on issues, I just wanted you to know that I really appreciate your posts and thoughts. It makes me think about things differently which I enjoy.

Even though we disagree maybe half the time on issues, I just wanted you to know that I really appreciate your posts and thoughts. It makes me think about things differently which I enjoy.
Can you guys get a room?

AndyJohnson was/is a poster who too every sentence and debated/argued it. That was his format. Sometimes it's helpful to separate topics. Sometimes it's maddening. I try not to do it.
Where is Andy? He's gone ghost ever since @Ice_Ice_Brady totally thrashed and embarrassed him in the Pub.

So does Sherman have anything left because he sucked in the Super Bowl against the Chiefs but I don’t know if he was being asked to do something stupid like single cover Hill.

Likewise!

Nothing wrong with having different PoVs and still get along on the board.

I love how word comes out that Brady exchanged texts with him and now he's the GM. Morons will only remember these headlines. I'm sure Brady is calling all the shots. These reporters only care about clicks. I don't like the idea of bringing him in at all unless it's vet minimum. He's old. Maybe the DC can earn his pay and deploy a defense that doesn't rely too heavily on pass rush. Maybe fix the red area and 3rd down?

AndyJohnson was/is a poster who took every sentence and debated/argued it. That was his format. Sometimes it's helpful to separate topics. Sometimes it's maddening. I try not to do it.
Yeah I get that about Andy Johnson but the dude never agreed with anything at all not could he admit if he was wrong. I would like to think I'm more reasonable than that :rofl:

It wasn't my intention to come off as trying to debate/argue your sentence. I agreed that having a rebuild year was fine and it shouldn't have been held against Bill.

I was using your point and trying to add on, not debate it. My apologies if it came across otherwise.

Yeah I get that about Andy Johnson but the dude never agreed with anything at all not could he admit if he was wrong. I would like to think I'm more reasonable than that :rofl:

It wasn't my intention to come off as trying to debate/argue your sentence. I agreed that having a rebuild year was fine and it shouldn't have been held against Bill.

I was using your point and trying to add on, not debate it. My apologies if it came across otherwise.
NO! You didn't come off that way at all.

I was just trying to respond to your points and I couldn't think of another way.

We are good.

I love how word comes out that Brady exchanged texts with him and now he's the GM. Morons will only remember these headlines. I'm sure Brady is calling all the shots. These reporters only care about clicks. I don't like the idea of bringing him in at all unless it's vet minimum. He's old. Maybe the DC can earn his pay and deploy a defense that doesn't rely too heavily on pass rush. Maybe fix the red area and 3rd down?
Yeah it's starting to get a little ridiculous. Brady isn't crunching numbers and giving cap suggestions.

All he did was text a friend.

Brady certainly plays a role in recruiting, but it's very minimal when compared to what Licht does.

Geez. Get a room why don't you.

J/k

I feel like this and the way that clown McVay was jumping around over a Week 3 game on Sunday were bigger celebrations than when some guys win the Super Bowl.

I know the two have zero in common but I included both because they are clown reactions.

You’ll love this one. Brees pretends he’s glad Tom is breaking his record (sure he is). But then the article really gives us some gold. Brees would spend the week before breaking meaningless records visualizing his record breaking moment and get emotional all week leading up to it. L.m.f.a.o. He was so locked in during those games…wonder if he ever tried the visualization technique in a postseason game :rofl:

1632894404448.png

You’ll love this one. Brees pretends he’s glad Tom is breaking his record (sure he is). But then the article really gives us some gold. Brees would spend the week before breaking meaningless records visualizing his record breaking moment and get emotional all week leading up to it. L.m.f.a.o. He was so locked in during those games…wonder if he ever tried the visualization technique in a postseason game :rofl:

View attachment 36109

I honestly thought this was from a satire site at first. What the hell?

Brady

View attachment 36109

Good heavens. Is that a real quote?

This is ugly.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference