PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2021 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Gauntlet of QBs facing Bucs. Lmao

The “danger” the Bucs face is they have a schedule like the 2011 Pats and so can plausibly go like 14-3 with a really bad defense but it doesn’t matter because they’re up against crap. And then in the playoffs they’re in trouble. The bright side is that they definitely have a stronger front 7 than the 2011 Pats by a wide margin.

The “danger” the Bucs face is they have a schedule like the 2011 Pats and so can plausibly go like 14-3 with a really bad defense but it doesn’t matter because they’re up against crap. And then in the playoffs they’re in trouble. The bright side is that they definitely have a stronger front 7 than the 2011 Pats by a wide margin.
I agree. The difference is this Tampa D has waay more talent than the 2011 Pats. If they can get the secondary set somewhat prior to the post-season then they can go on a run like they did last year.

JPP, Suh, Fornette, AB, and Sherman. All were once playoff/SB opponents of Brady. Now teammates.

A signing they desperately needed to make.

Whether he makes a difference is if course a different story. He's faced injuries lately.

JPP, Suh, Fornette, AB, and Sherman. All were once playoff/SB opponents of Brady. Now teammates.

A signing they desperately needed to make.

Whether he makes a difference is if course a different story. He's faced injuries lately.
It's surreal. I am not surprised though. Great players have mutual respect and want to play together if possible.

I saw Ring6 post somewhere earlier today.
What did Ice Ice say? I'll need to go look.

Ice is amusing but nothing to be afraid of...I can't believe someone would hide over something he would say.

Good move by the Bucs signing Sherman.

Bucs defense isn't bad. Nothing that healing up the secondary won't fix. The 11 Pats defense was horrendous

Yeah! They had to do something.
With today's rules favoring passing, having backup secondaries play as starters will result in having a terrible pass defense. The downside with this signing is Sherman won't be much better then the backups but he'll still be better.

Upside,... potentially close to a pro-bowler and mentor to the young Bucs.

With today's rules favoring passing, having backup secondaries play as starters will result in having a terrible pass defense. The downside with this signing is Sherman won't be much better then the backups but he'll still be better.

Upside,... potential pro-bowler and mentor to the young Bucs.
It's all upside IMO as long as Sherman can still play at a decent level and can stay healthy. Could be tall orders but they had to do something. Not that many good CBs just floating around.

Can’t be any worse than what they’re having to trot out right now.

They have a soft schedule to ease him in but I don't see how he survives the rest of the season. I saw somewhere it's 500k guaranteed with up to like 2.5m in incentives. If that's the case it's a good move so long as he doesn't kill Bowles in the locker room when he sees what's being called.

They have a soft schedule to ease him in but I don't see how he survives the rest of the season. I saw somewhere it's 500k guaranteed with up to like 2.5m in incentives. If that's the case it's a good move so long as he doesn't kill Bowles in the locker room when he sees what's being called.
No kidding. The real issue has been Bowles inability to call a different game plan given his secondary is hobbled.

No kidding. The real issue has been Bowles inability to call a different game plan given his secondary is hobbled.
Yeah it's still early but if it doesn't improve soon it's on coaching no matter who is out there.

Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
Back