PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2021 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Agree. BB is on record as saying they did go all in the last few years Tom was here but I think his definition of all-in and all-in like the Rams, Colts, Falcons, Ravens is different. He isn't going to mortgage/risk the future for one or two years.
There's also the possibility of a contract offer with incentives that aren't guaranteed. We'll never know for sure.

Yds/Game406.0 (8th)402.0 (26th)
Rush Yds/Game56.3 (31st)63.7 (4th)
Pass Yds/Game349.7 (2nd)338.3 (31st)
Pts/Game34.3 (1st)29.3 (27th)

Offense on left and defense on right.
Everything is reverse when looking at offense to defence. Like looking in a mirror.

Agree. BB is on record as saying they did go all in the last few years Tom was here but I think his definition of all-in and all-in like the Rams, Colts, Falcons, Ravens is different. He isn't going to mortgage/risk the future for one or two years.

One of these days someone has to explain to me how “isn’t going to mortgage/risk the future for one of two years” remains justified if you completely botch the rebuild and have nothing left.

One of these days someone has to explain to me how “isn’t going to mortgage/risk the future for one of two years” remains justified if you completely botch the rebuild and have nothing left.
If the rebuild/reload is botched meaning the team has losing seasons this year and next and it is concluded Mac has become Tony Eason 2.0, 3 things will happen.

BB will be fired as GM
BB will be fired as coach
I will support it 110%

If the rebuild/reload is botched meaning the team has losing seasons this year and next and it is concluded Mac has become Tony Eason 2.0, 3 things will happen.

BB will be fired as GM
I will support it 110%

We know Robert Kraft is a very sentimental dude. I honestly wonder how Jonathan functions because from the little we know he seems like a cold technocratic operator.

We know Robert Kraft is a very sentimental dude. I honestly wonder how Jonathan functions because from the little we know he seems like a cold technocratic operator.
Bob is a sentimental guy but also very shrewd.

Jonathan is absolutely cut from the same cloth but he comes across with a little more fire and emotion to him- which is great as long as it doesn't cloud important business decisions.

Good article here about JK. I think the NEP are in good hands moving forward. He's no dummy.

BB will be fired as GM
I will support it 110%
I am not sure that is true. There are a lot of factors to why something works or does not work. I am not sure BB will ever be fired. He might "retire" but not just out and out BB was fired and dragged from the building by security fired.

Chiefs signed Josh Gordon. Unreal. Worst defense in the league and they sign a WR who has been suspended 100 times. They must feel like their only chance to really compete this year is by outscoring. That defense is atrocious.

I'd throw everything at the Bucs and catch them by surprise, Onside kicks, fake kicks, trick plays, everything. That's what the Matt Flynn Packers did IIRC. That team had no business being competitive with the 2010 Pats in Foxboro and yet the Pats needed a once in a lifetime kick return from an offensive lineman to beat them.

I can also see us selling out to stop Brady from having a huge game by any means necessary- kind of like what we did to Peyton Manning a few years ago and it worked. Might not work this time but we'll try. If the Bucs run for 300 yards but Brady only throws for 200 and a TD then hey at least Bill can save face and say Brady didn't destroy us on his own.
Problem with Peyton and the Broncos was that Peyton couldn't throw deep anymore and Belichick knew it. Brady is a different animal

More good news. How Arians said anything on Bunting?
When they knew he got a dislocated elbow, he said he would be out from 4 weeks and up no range I believe

If they acquire him, I can't see Sherman getting to game speed this Sunday. It took Gronk half a season last year.
He'll play. They literally got no one. Down 3 corners.

I am not sure that is true. There are a lot of factors to why something works or does not work. I am not sure BB will ever be fired. He might "retire" but not just out and out BB was fired and dragged from the building by security fired.
No way BB gets fired. He's Gronks favorite number this year and will be in his 70s next year. He can retire at anytime. Heck in your 70s, almost all of us are retired anyways and often health forces us to do it.

Also whether the Pat's continue middling around .500 will depend on better drafting which has been underwhelming for many years. Better drafting is easier at .500 but it might take several years to build a powerhouse again. Their priority should be drafting players to help Mac.

Nah, I don't think so. Bucs will run on first down straight away for no yards on the first drive and then Brady will air it out all game. If MAC airs it out he will throw a bunch of INTs and if they run they will be 3 and out. If TB12 throws a few INTs you never know but I still don't think it's enough. It's a funny feeling being on the other end of a game the other team 'should win'. We took those games for granted for years. We won almost all of them.
INTs to who, Delaney, Co*krell?

That Bucs secondary can't hang if the pass rush doesn't pressure the QB. All three previous QBs they played had ample time to pass. Granted Pats OL hasn't played well, but if Brown plays this week, they have a chance to pick them apart. I hope Brown does play so we can see what Mac can do with more time in the pocket.

INTs to who, Delaney, Co*krell?

That Bucs secondary can't hang if the pass rush doesn't pressure the QB. All three previous QBs they played had ample time to pass. Granted Pats OL hasn't played well, but if Brown plays this week, they have a chance to pick them apart. I hope Brown does play so we can see what Mac can do with more time in the pocket.
Don't need great players to get INTs from rookies. If he throws another 50 times I don't care how bad the secondary has been for Tampa they will get some. Hopefully Brown plays a full game and I think we can safely assume BB will have a better plan than to try and air it out with Tampa.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back