PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2021 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

In addition, Lenny is clutch. He has that extra gear in big moments like Gronkowski and Edelman.

In addition, Lenny is clutch. He has that extra gear in big moments like Gronkowski and Edelman.
The only thing I would say about Lenny is he did not look like a super star until Brady was his QB. Not unlike a lot of RBs who played with Brady over the years ...

The only thing I would say about Lenny is he did not look like a super star until Brady was his QB. Not unlike a lot of RBs who played with Brady over the years ...

When you come to a team full of super stars for the first time in your career, you tend to look better…

Bucs almost released him in 2020 because he didn't like playing behind Jones.

Harris & Stevenson were both graded in top 10 by PFF. Lenny was #21. He's a better receiver than Harris/ Stevenson but that just makes him a 3rd down back.

Where do you think he'll be on the depth chart? RB#1?

When you come to a team full of super stars for the first time in your career, you tend to look better…
Stay the course brotha, never sell out.lol

Reactions: sb1
Bucs almost released him in 2020 because he didn't like playing behind Jones.

Harris & Stevenson were both graded in top 10 by PFF. Lenny was #21. He's a better receiver than Harris/ Stevenson but that just makes him a 3rd down back.

Where do you think he'll be on the depth chart? RB#1?
I think getting Lenny is to take pressure off Mac and be a reliable outlet and pass protector.

If he goes to the Pats, he will be RB 1 but they won't overwork him. It will still be Rb by committee and probably more 2 back sets.

Well Bucs need running backs and I don’t think it’s smart to go with draft picks.

I think getting Lenny is to take pressure off Mac and be a reliable outlet and pass protector.

If he goes to the Pats, he will be RB 1 but they won't overwork him. It will still be Rb by committee and probably more 2 back sets.
I think it's great and the combo of White and Lenny in the backfield at the time is interesting.

If the defense floods with LBs Lenny and White can win that matchup either coming out of the backfield or working from the slot.

Mac's current strength seems to be quick decision making and accurate passing.

I like the fit for the Pats

When White went down it was a big problem for the offense last year so this has to be some form of insurance except it makes no sense for Lenny. He shouldn't be in on 1st/2nd down before Harris and Rham so he won't be paid anymore than TB would offer. Interesting visit I think to maybe try and get other teams to get involved for his services.

Well Bucs need running backs and I don’t think it’s smart to go with draft picks.
Why not? There are always good/great backs in every draft and in the later rounds.

Belichick signing him for real money when the Pats are already strong at RB would be the dumbest move he’s made this offseason.
I'm not sure the Pats are as strong at RB as we think. Fournette would definitely be a noticeable upgrade in NE. But I think in the end the temptation to make one more run with Brady will get him to re-sign with the Bucs.

if he wants anything above 5 million Tampa needs to just go trade for Saqon while his value is still low

The same "superstars" who took them to 7-9 the year before.

if he wants anything above 5 million Tampa needs to just go trade for Saqon while his value is still low
Word is he's looking for $12M. Not sure I believe that but wow.

Chris Godwin said he learned Tom Brady was returning 20 mins before the announcement in a group chat with Mike Evans and Brady.

Chris Godwin said it was incredibly tough not being with his team during the playoffs and couldn’t help but think he could change the outcome.

Bucs GM Jason Licht said Tom Brady knew the front office would do everything to put the best team on the field if he returned. That was never a discussion.

Jason Licht wouldn’t comment on whether they will add another year to Tom Brady’s contract. “We’ll get to that when we get to it.”

Jason Licht says they would love to have Leonard Fournette back but talks continue.

The same "superstars" who took them to 7-9 the year before.

No QB, which is the most important position in the field

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back