PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2021 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Well, Lenny knows of at least one place he’s actually wanted!
He wants $$ and I don't blame him. RB lifespan is shorter than most positions

Rams and Matthew Stafford finalized a four-year, $160 million extension that includes $135 million guaranteed that should allow the veteran QB to finish his career in Los Angeles, sources tell ESPN.

Matthew Stafford is now tied to Los Angeles for the next five years at $183 million.

Win a SB in LA after years or garbage = 40mil x4. Win a SB being down 28-3, make the next SB and put up 500 yards and still nothing but 18 mil with no more than 1 year with any guarantees. Then have nitwits try and say the cap was not allowing room to sign the best player that ever lived to 25 x 3 in 2017 or x 2 in 2018. It's impossible.

Do you know who the GM was at the time and that he tried to trade him the year before? If you run your ship like he does and everyone here says things like: it's business, a year too early and so on, you don't get any kind of leeway the other way.

Don’t expect better from some here BB pushed Brady out and they still hate Brady for going to another team instead of retiring

Don’t expect better from some here BB pushed Brady out and they still hate Brady for going to another team instead of retiring
I don't expect players to be coming over to the Pats on a discount either. A lot of it was because players wanted to play with Brady

As expected Rams traded Woods. Really don’t think Robinson is an upgrade over Woods, they’re both great but not elite players. But I suppose with Woods relatively uncertain with the ACL it’s better to go for the sure healthy player when you can deal out the other. Cruel business but at least he was sent to a good team.

As expected Rams traded Woods. Really don’t think Robinson is an upgrade over Woods, they’re both great but not elite players. But I suppose with Woods relatively uncertain with the ACL it’s better to go for the sure healthy player when you can deal out the other. Cruel business but at least he was sent to a good team.
Cap saving measure.

I'll take Ryan in a heartbeat if I were the Pats!
I followed college ball briefly when Doug Flutie was at BC. I remember thinking then that Matt Ryan would never make it in the NYFL and Mike Vick would. Boy was I wrong.

He can hold out as long as he likes no one is giving him that.
Lenny wants top 5 money which is 12 mil plus.

Apparently he is working out with the Pats this week. I don't see Pats giving him top 5 money but I can see top 10 which is 8 mil and probably 3 years. I don't think Bucs would match that.

And remember bb zigs when everyone else zags. RBs aren't valued well, which means Pats can get great football players on the cheap.

Lenny wants top 5 money which is 12 mil plus.

Apparently he is working out with the Pats this week. I don't see Pats giving him top 5 money but I can see top 10 which is 8 mil and probably 3 years. I don't think Bucs would match that.
Not sure this makes sense:

1. We know Lenny had issues w/ # snaps in 2020 to the point team considered releasing him.
2. We know BB isn't going to promise him jack when it comes to #snaps.
3. We know Pats approach is RB by committee vs bell cow back.
4. We know Lenny wants to get paid. It's doubtful Pats want to spend >$4M for a 3rd down back.

Belichick signing him for real money when the Pats are already strong at RB would be the dumbest move he’s made this offseason.
Bill is stuck in the 80s. He believes in the run first, especially with a young QB ...

Bill is stuck in the 80s. He believes in the run first, especially with a young QB ...
I think that may be the strategy. It starts with an RB that can do it all. Run, catch, and block. It's a strategy to get a top offensive player without having to pay the 20 mil plus going rate for a WR.

Bill tried it last year with 2 tight ends making top 5 money. This year he might try it again with a RB this time.

I'm really sold on Lenny and believe he is worth top 5 on a year deal. But I agree that RBs get injured or fall off the cliff so quickly, that it's risky to pay that kind of money for 2 or more years.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back