PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2021 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Said it many times Pats would be champs this year if Brady was still here there is no doubt about that at all. Possibly repeat champs. And maybe threepeat champs next year. The Pats would jump way ahead of the Steelers and completely erase their legacy over the years as the winningest Super Bowl team.

Then when the time was right finding someone like Mac Jones after that wouldn’t be that hard to do.

Sorry, Brady would have 25-30 touchdowns on the Pats this year...assuming that the Pats would have been able to sign him and all their other FAs. Without the weapons he has in TB, he would not be an MVP candidate...

Last edited:
Bad practices happened all the time with Brady as QB. And I'm pretty sure Bill would have done a better job against the Saints...when was the last time he lost 4 regular season games in a row against one team? And the one time Brady beat the Saints as a Buc, Brees was dealing with 13 cracked ribs and a punctured lung lol...
Belichick’s team is 1-3 against the Dolphins in their last 4 games that’s not that far off from 4 losses in a row.

The Patriots miss Brady’s leadership badly. Jones is a rookie he is not in a position to be a leader like Brady was.

Sorry, Brady would have 25-30 touchdowns on the Pats this year...assuming that the Pats would have been able to sign him and all their other FAs. Without the weapons he has in TB, he would not be an MVP candidate...
MVP or not they’d be champs this year. I know the Bucs certainly wouldn’t be in the way. The team really misses him.

And the “weapons” on TB got them to 7-9 before Brady arrived - the same record the Pats had with a nothing team in 2020.

Brady on the current Pats team would be winning the AFC atm because you can pencil in the opener against Miami, the game against the Cowboys, and of course the Bucs game. Gonna say that the Saints is still a loss because holy shi.t do they apparently have his number. And though in a vacuum he should beat the Colts it’s likely the Pats drop another game anyway so I’ll keep that as is. So that’s 3 additional wins.

How's everyone holding up after Tom's latest blunder? He sure has lost to some bad teams in his first two years in Tampa. If a team scored less than 10 points, I don't think Tom has lost a game like that in NE during his 20 years.

And as I've said in the Other Games thread, Brady throwing hospital balls are underrated. I never liked Welker, Gronk, Edelman and Amendola as Tom's Kamikaze's. They took vicious hits ending some of their seasons. The pass to Godwin on 3rd down short of the sticks with a guy barreling down on him was idiotic.
Brady and the Pats were shut out by the Dolphins in 2006. If my memory is correct there were some issues with the Fins knowing the Pats calls.

Belichick’s team is 1-3 against the Dolphins in their last 4 games that’s not that far off from 4 losses in a row.

The Patriots miss Brady’s leadership badly. Jones is a rookie he is not in a position to be a leader like Brady was.

And 1 of those losses was with Brady as the QB, the other two were with Cam. Brady, on the other hand, has a stacked team in TB and is still 0-4 regular season vs the Saints. Those are the facts. And what leadership would Brady provide? The same moody behavior he had in 2019 and his impatience with guys like Harry?

MVP or not they’d be champs this year. I know the Bucs certainly wouldn’t be in the way. The team really misses him.

And the “weapons” on TB got them to 7-9 before Brady arrived - the same record the Pats had with a nothing team in 2020.

Sorry, Fournette, Gronk, and Brown were not on Tampa before Brady got there. And Brady has struggled against the top teams this year. Vs Dallas, New England, LAR, Indy, and Buffalo, he has only 8 TDs and 3 INTs...and that's with all those great weapons.

Last edited:
Brady and the Pats were shut out by the Dolphins in 2006. If my memory is correct there were some issues with the Fins knowing the Pats calls.

The Finns openly bragged about knowing our calls actually because they did their homework and studied our signals in other games and we were too dumb to change them. Almost as if this kind of thing is just part of the mind game of football and not the crime of the century...

How's everyone holding up after Tom's latest blunder? He sure has lost to some bad teams in his first two years in Tampa. If a team scored less than 10 points, I don't think Tom has lost a game like that in NE during his 20 years.

And as I've said in the Other Games thread, Brady throwing hospital balls are underrated. I never liked Welker, Gronk, Edelman and Amendola as Tom's Kamikaze's. They took vicious hits ending some of their seasons. The pass to Godwin on 3rd down short of the sticks with a guy barreling down on him was idiotic.
Not less than 10 points but he’s had some close ones. As a Patriot he lost once to the Bengals somehow 13-6. Don’t remember what the story was with that game.

And 1 of those losses was with Brady as the QB, the other two were with Cam. Brady, on the other hand, has a stacked team in TB and is still 0-4 regular season vs the Saints. Those are the facts. And what leadership would Brady provide? The same moody behavior he had in 2019 and his impatience with guys like Harry?

Sorry, Fournette, Gronk, and Brown were not on Tampa before Brady got there. And Brady has struggled against the top teams this year. Vs Dallas, New England, LAR, Indy, and Buffalo, he has only 8 TDs and 3 INTs...and that's with all those great weapons.
Belichick’s team also lost 3 of 4 regular season games against the Broncos and 4 of 5 if you count playoffs. So it has almost happened with a Bill team more than once.

As for being moody I think we know by now that Brady has excellent judgement of who is good and who isn’t. Brady hasn’t been impatient with anyone who doesn’t suck. Harry lol. Not one player that Brady was impatient with has gone on to great things. Nuff said.

7-9 without Brady. Champs the next year and if not for injuries (which is what I’ve been saying all season as the only thing that could stop them) they’d be on their way to a repeat with him. Not much to argue there.

Belichick’s team also lost 3 of 4 regular season games against the Broncos and 4 of 5 if you count playoffs. So it has almost happened with a Bill team more than once.

As for being moody I think we know by now that Brady has excellent judgement of who is good and who isn’t. Brady hasn’t been impatient with anyone who doesn’t suck. Harry lol. Not one player that Brady was impatient with has gone on to great things. Nuff said.

7-9 without Brady. Champs the next year and if not for injuries (which is what I’ve been saying all season as the only thing that could stop them) they’d be on their way to a repeat with him. Not much to argue there.

Being impatient with players who suck is not good leadership. In fact, what it tells me is Tommy only cares about players if they help him win super bowls. And it's not injuries that will cost the Bucs this year if they do lose - it's their inability to play a complete game against the top teams as well as the improvement of their NFC rivals. Green Bay will be better - Baktiari coming back; Dallas is better. The Rams are better. Meanwhile a healthy Bucs team was essentially the same as last year's version.

Brady on the current Pats team would be winning the AFC atm because you can pencil in the opener against Miami, the game against the Cowboys, and of course the Bucs game. Gonna say that the Saints is still a loss because holy shi.t do they apparently have his number. And though in a vacuum he should beat the Colts it’s likely the Pats drop another game anyway so I’ll keep that as is. So that’s 3 additional wins.
With how the Chiefs have struggled this year, there is no doubt in my mind that with this team, Brady has 2 losses tops and #1 seed locked up right now.

Also, whining to the referee and running to the opposing team's sldelines to yell at the coach is not good leadership either...

What it tells me is Tommy only cares about players if they help him win super bowls.
Of course. That is why he is the GOAT. Winning and winning like Brady has requires that mindset. Or would you prefer low energy Mac instead?

2 of these QBs are not like the others.

1640278220826.png

Of course. That is why he is the GOAT. Winning and winning like Brady has requires that mindset. Or would you prefer low energy Mac instead?

No, if he only cares about teammates who help him win super bowls it calls into question his character...

No, if he only cares about teammates who help him win super bowls it calls into question his character...
Dude, he plays professional football. It is his job to be productive and win. Period. It is on the GM to ensure players are acquired to help the team win or else get rid of them for players who can.

Dude, he plays professional football. It is his job to be productive and win. Period. It is on the GM to ensure players are acquired to help the team win or else get rid of them for players who can.

again, you missed the point. The issue was his leadership. I would argue that being impatient with young/developmental players is not good leadership. Not only that it shows that he has no use for anyone who doesn't help his legacy. He knows as well as anyone how complex the New England offense is. Even veteran receivers like Reggie Wayne and Ocho Cinco came here and thought it was too hard.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back