PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2021 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

So he's vaccinated and has a real card but had a fake one? If that was Rodgers and AB had lied to the media and broken multiple protocols do u think the same people get suspended? When Brady is done I'm done with the NFL it's too much at this point. They don't even try to hide it.
I feel your pain. Goody & the 32 have taken the greatest team sport in the world (and a game that allows them to just about print money) and have soured many of the fans on the game to the point that they're giving it up.

I feel your pain. Goody & the 32 have taken the greatest team sport in the world (and a game that allows them to just about print money) and have soured many of the fans on the game to the point that they're giving it up.
I can't remember the last time I watched >25% of a not Pats, not Bucs NFL game if even that much. Only games I SOMETIMES watch are the ending minutes of rival games where their loss helps my team.

I can't remember the last time I watched >25% of a not Pats, not Bucs NFL game if even that much. Only games I SOMETIMES watch are the ending minutes of rival games where their loss helps my team.
Yup, this is the least amount of football watching that I've ever done. Soon I'll stop watching entirely.

I'm not even really watching the prime time games now. I just check the scores on my phone. Even GB vs Arizona I couldn't bother. I'll probably still watch NE when Brady retires but I'm totally put off by the officiating and by the NFL in general. Everything they do is dubious.

I'm not even really watching the prime time games now. I just check the scores on my phone. Even GB vs Arizona I couldn't bother. I'll probably still watch NE when Brady retires but I'm totally put off by the officiating and by the NFL in general. Everything they do is dubious.
I am not far behind you on this. I'm just tired of the week to week hot take BS they float out. Reporters are not about giving sports news anymore, its just about making stupid statements that make everyone lose their minds every week.

Oh ffs the Bucs/Atlanta game isn’t on in the Boston market despite the Pats not even playing that day.

Same here. I have said many times that I am done when Brady retires. I won't even bother with the Pats either. I can't stand the league and what has happened to do it from a corruption standpoint and the rules of the game that make playing defense a joke.

Poor Saints fans. This thread is awesome.

Same here. I have said many times that I am done when Brady retires. I won't even bother with the Pats either. I can't stand the league and what has happened to do it from a corruption standpoint and the rules of the game that make playing defense a joke.
It's just also that officiating changes week to week and year to year. They basically just do whatever they want and this year have clearly called certain things at crucial times and then they hide behind the "It was clearly a foul" line. Sure it was, but most fouls aren't called and it's when you decide to call them that matters. It also feels like they are allowing DBs to get away with more this year in cover 2 to give the defense a small edge. You see it with KC and TB having trouble against it. It just feels like the NFL looks at the landscape and decides what narratives they want and then call or act that way.

It's just also that officiating changes week to week and year to year. They basically just do whatever they want and this year have clearly called certain things at crucial times and then they hide behind the "It was clearly a foul" line. Sure it was, but most fouls aren't called and it's when you decide to call them that matters. It also feels like they are allowing DBs to get away with more this year in cover 2 to give the defense a small edge. You see it with KC and TB having trouble against it. It just feels like the NFL looks at the landscape and decides what narratives they want and then call or act that way.
With the legalized gambling you get the over officiating to ensure spreads go the way Vegas/league wants. I have never been a tinfoil conspiracist as I believe ALL sports - college and pro - have some level of shenanigans going on BUT what is going on with the NFL today is flat out rigging. They don't even try to hide it at all.

Poor Saints fans. This thread is awesome.

haven't checked out their forum, but I wonder if any of them actually are glad Brady didn't come? because they would have won last season, and be the favorites this season. that team with Brady, Gronk, healthy Thomas, AB, Kamara/Fournette thunder and lightning? and Payton scheming the plays instead of Leftwich? wow

With the legalized gambling you get the over officiating to ensure spreads go the way Vegas/league wants. I have never been a tinfoil conspiracist as I believe ALL sports - college and pro - have some level of shenanigans going on BUT what is going on with the NFL today is flat out rigging. They don't even try to hide it at all.
They need to be careful because the crackpot politicians don't need much of a reason to make big noise if there is any hint of foul play with the gambling. They need to get full time officials going and they all need to call things the same way. Bill Vinovich' crew would be a great template. It's easier to call less and like his crew than call everything like the some crews because no matter what you'll miss some. If you miss some you shouldn't be calling everything because someone will get screwed.

looking at the teams Brady had a small chance of going to, I'd put them

1. Saints
2. Buccaneers
3. Titans
4. 49ers
5. Chargers
6. Raiders
7. Bears

I have no clue if the Rams were ever a realistic opportunity. 3 and 4 are interchangeable

haven't checked out their forum, but I wonder if any of them actually are glad Brady didn't come? because they would have won last season, and be the favorites this season. that team with Brady, Gronk, healthy Thomas, AB, Kamara/Fournette thunder and lightning? and Payton scheming the plays instead of Leftwich? wow
It is a really solid forum. Lots of knowledgeable posters and lots of passion.

In terms of Brady, the forum appears split. Some regret that Drew came back preventing Brady from coming given Drew was washed BUT there is another segment that just doesn't like Brady because he is considered the GOAT over Drew and took all his records. I kind of get it on both ends. But man, how awful for them to watch the Bucs of all teams school them right now in the division after beating them in NO last year to send Brees into retirement. Honestly, I can't think of a worse scenario. Would kind of be similar I think if the Jets did that to us. I mean the Bucs were the biggest joke in the league with the losingest record all time UNTIL the Goat showed up.

It is a really solid forum. Lots of knowledgeable posters and lots of passion.

In terms of Brady, the forum appears split. Some regret that Drew came back preventing Brady from coming given Drew was washed BUT there is another segment that just doesn't like Brady because he is considered the GOAT over Drew and took all his records. I kind of get it on both ends. But man, how awful for them to watch the Bucs of all teams school them right now in the division after beating them in NO last year to send Brees into retirement. Honestly, I can't think of a worst scenario. Would kind of be similar I think if the Jets did that to us. I mean the Bucs were the biggest joke in the league with the losingest record all time UNTIL the Goat showed up.
which is why I don't understand the Patriots fans who seem to despise Brady now. when he became a FA, if you had to pick a team that had nothing to do with them, the Bucs would probably be the choice because I can't think of any other team. maybe the Cardinals?

which is why I don't understand the Patriots fans who seem to despise Brady now. when he became a FA, if you had to pick a team that had nothing to do with them, the Bucs would probably be the choice because I can't think of any other team. maybe the Cardinals?
They despise Brady because he WON in year one without Bill. That has always been the issue not the team he went to. He basically took the Patriot Way to Tampa and shoved it up their collective rear ends winning with a clown for a HC. Brady did more for his personal legacy last season than any athlete of any team sport that late in their career. That is why they despise him because it threw immense shade on Bill.

looking at the teams Brady had a small chance of going to, I'd put them

1. Saints
2. Buccaneers
3. Titans
4. 49ers
5. Chargers
6. Raiders
7. Bears

I have no clue if the Rams were ever a realistic opportunity. 3 and 4 are interchangeable
Imagine if he went to the 49ers. Kittle and Gronk

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back