PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2021 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Bruce Arians says he's hopeful the Bucs will have S Antoine Winfield Jr. back for the Bears game but isn't sure about any other players.

Some bedside reading material.

Interesting how only 2 teams made a serious pitch for Brady. The other team, Chargers, as a consolation prize got Herbert, who actually might end up being the best of today's group of young QB.

I guess there’s no doubt the “motherf****r” was Jimmy G.

The 49ers had two chances to get the GOAT and they twice chose an Italian-American stud, not fit to clean his cleats, over him.

One would think, Shanahan himself would have realized the greatness and the intangibles Brady brings to the table but perhaps not.

On the other hand, Arians and Licht appreciated, valued and trusted Brady completely, they didn’t hide their enthusiasm, and they deserve all the success they’ve had ever since.

I guess there’s no doubt the “motherf****r” was Jimmy G.

The 49ers had two chances to get the GOAT and they twice chose an Italian-American stud, not fit to clean his cleats, over him.

One would think, Shanahan himself would have realized the greatness and the intangibles Brady brings to the table but perhaps not.

On the other hand, Arians and Licht appreciated, valued and trusted Brady completely, they didn’t hide their enthusiasm, and they deserve all the success they’ve had ever since.

It's starting to seem obvious but I thought Brady liked JG. I wonder if Brady thought he was overrated. After all, BB did say that JG could make any throw and going from Brady to JG was seamless.

In a process of elimination:

Remove teams not interested at the legal tampering period before free agency - Raiders, Titans (just gave Tannaham a big contract), Dolphins(signalled their desire to drafting Tua), Saints(committed to Brees).

Remove team Brady was not interested in which was the Bears.

All the other teams were never in the discussion for Brady( although I don't know why Denver wasn't in the mix).

That only leaves the 49rs.

No doubt.

In a process of elimination:

Remove teams not interested at the legal tampering period before free agency - Raiders, Titans (just gave Tannaham a big contract), Dolphins(signalled their desire to drafting Tua), Saints(committed to Brees).

Remove team Brady was not interested in which was the Bears.

All the other teams were never in the discussion for Brady( although I don't know why Denver wasn't in the mix).

That only leaves the 49rs.
Probably because Denver isn't known for its warm weather.

Interesting how only 2 teams made a serious pitch for Brady. The other team, Chargers, as a consolation prize got Herbert, who actually might end up being the best of today's group of young QB.
One of his demands was 2 years at $50 mil total. I can see that scaring a lot of teams away given he was turning 43. Plus he wanted warm weather and to be near his son in NY. He kind of intentionally limited his options which I don't blame him as he wanted a very different environment than NE to finish his career.
He could not have picked better than Tampa which is kind of surreal in hindsight.

One of his demands was 2 years at $50 mil total. I can see that scaring a lot of teams away given he was turning 43. Plus he wanted warm weather and to be near his son in NY. He kind of intentionally limited his options which I don't blame him as he wanted a very different environment than NE to finish his career.
He could not have picked better than Tampa which is kind of surreal in hindsight.

Picking Tampa or Tampa picking him turned out to be the golden ticket for both. Incredibly, Brady's legacy rose to another level. He could no longer be considered a "system QB". He won with another coach. He won with a new team. He went through the toughest playoff schedule of his career to do so. Unbelievable.

Picking Tampa or Tampa picking him turned out to be the golden ticket for both. Incredibly, Brady's legacy rose to another level. He could no longer be considered a "system QB". He won with another coach. He won with a new team. He went through the toughest playoff schedule of his career to do so. Unbelievable.
Yes, I think it was the 1st time winning a SB without a bye.

Their remaining schedule is favourable.
Toss up vs the Bill's.
Win at least 1 of 2 vs Saints.
Run the table vs everyone else, with potential for one surprise loss.

So at worst, I see 3 more loses and a 13-4 record.

At best, I see 1 more loss and a 15-2 record. Good enough for a bye.

At least Mac didn’t lose 45-0 to cam newton ;)

Which fall weather team do you think would be best for TFB?

Wonder if Gilmore is gonna regret allegedly forcing his way to the Panthers because they might just suck.

Mahomes is now late 2000s Brett Favre. So many laughable ints this season.

Chiefs are frauds they’re now gonna be the Favre Packers post the Super Bowl loss to the Broncos.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back