PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2021 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Bucs' Tom Brady, explaining his thoughts as he scrambled for a first down near the goal line: "Oh, my God, what am I doing out here? Let me run forward and get on the ground as fast as I can. ... It doesn't come naturally to me, let me say that. That's not one of my things."

Brady's 6-yard run Sunday actually matches his regular-season total from last season, which was on 30 carries. NFL QBs don't have sacks count against their individual rushing totals. One reason his average is lower is end-of-game kneeldowns do count as an individual carry/loss.

Yes, Brady has rushed for 220 first downs in his 637 career rush attempts. And his rushing totals are far better than Dan Marino, who rushed 301 times for 87 career yards, good for 0.3 yards per carry.

Tom Brady's nine TD passes in last two games is the best two-game stretch in Bucs history. He shared the record of eight from his final two games of 2020, along with Jameis Winston in 2019, Ryan Fitzpatrick in 2018.

Something to think about:

Bucs are the No. 1 scoring team in NFL at 39.5 points per game and Tom Brady leads the league with nine TD passes. But Bucs are 13th in total offense, fifth in pass, t-29th in rush offense, sixth in sack %, 17th on third downs, 13th in red zone. They really can be much better.

Next week's Bucs-Rams game is the NFL's only matchup of 2-0 teams next weekend. Only seven teams out of 32 remain undefeated, two weeks into the season.

How bad has the QB play been in Tampa? Well:

It's crazy to think about, but Tom Brady could get the Bucs' career record for passing touchdowns if he stayed healthy (and prolific) by the end of next season. Jameis Winston has the record with 121, and Brady had 40 last season, looks poised to top that in 2021.

This stat is a bit misleading when used in the wrong context. A few years ago a similar stat was used to compare Brady to Peyton in a negative way. Bottom line was that the Patriots put up more total points than Peyton's teams year after year but the split between rushing and passing TDs were more balanced with the Pats. Brady was just as comfortable handing the ball off for a TD as he was passing for one.

From Elias: Tom Brady currently leads the NFL with 9 touchdown passes at 44 years old, surpassing George Blanda, who was 38 in 1966 as the oldest player in NFL history to the lead the league in touchdown passes through two games.

Isn't ironic? Don't you think?

Plus, Brady must be closing in on 100,000 yards for regular season and playoff combined. He must be around 90,000 and my guesstimate is that he'll pass that mid next year.

I think you've just outed yourself Alanis. :)

What a statement from Mike Edwards, who had two pick-sixes today and was awarded the game ball from coach Bruce Arians. “This for all the ones who said I would never be sh*t”

rofl.gif

Last year, some advanced analytics sites were really singing the praises of Edwards as a great coverage safety. I'm not sure why they don't just play him over Whitehead; I realize that Whitehead is more of an SS and more physical, but they've excelled in games where Edwards has played alongside Winfield. Their run defense and linebackers are so great that putting a second coverage safety out there might be exactly what they need, especially with the CB issues.

Last year, some advanced analytics sites were really singing the praises of Edwards as a great coverage safety. I'm not sure why they don't just play him over Whitehead; I realize that Whitehead is more of an SS and more physical, but they've excelled in games where Edwards has played alongside Winfield. Their run defense and linebackers are so great that putting a second coverage safety out there might be exactly what they need, especially with the CB issues.
Murphy Bunting being out plays a role in things, as does Whitehead's injury, obviously, but Edwards did play more than half the snaps this past week. His play may earn him more time, as ****rell's not exactly the no-brainer answer as the alternative.

There are always exceptions. The Pats won in 2018 after losing in 2017. But in general, the SB loser has a really tough time making it back to the SB.
So does the winner

Yeah, there's data and everything.
What data?

Show me the difference between teams that have won the Superbowl vs teams that have lost the Superbowl and how that relates to the following seasons records.

If you claim there is data then back it up

What data?

Show me the difference between teams that have won the Superbowl vs teams that have lost the Superbowl and how that relates to the following seasons records.

If you claim there is data then back it up
It's been presented about a million times.

The AFC was a steaming pile of hot garbage.

edit: From 1985 to 1997 (The 84-96 seasons), the NFC won 13 consecutive SBs
The Bills kept winning what they had to win. Just because the NFC had the better teams doesn't change the fact that the Bills kept winning their conference, despite the BS made up hangover garbage.

How did that embarrassing Superbowl loss for the Broncos vs the Seahawks work out? They won it 2 seasons later and made it to the playoffs in-between.

Superbowl hangover :rofl:

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back