PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2021 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

It's been presented about a million times.
Since the salary cap started in 1994 only 2 teams have won back to back Superbowls.

I start with the salary cap era because winning back to back is much more difficult.

The Denver Broncos, who cheated the salary cap to do it, and the Pats in 03-04 have done it.

1 team has won after losing and that's the Pats in 18-19.

Yeah that's the data.

Or teams that won the Superbowl then won it again 2 years later. The Pats both times. Dallas won there first post 1994 season salary cap in 96. The 93 and 94 wins happened prior to 94 season.

Teams winning 2 years after losing a Superbowl, the Broncos.

So winning a Superbowl adds very little difference in winning another superbowl as compared to losing.

Which is a stupid rule the NFL implemented.

Can't wait to see a bunch of 14-3 teams playing on WC weekend.

Ridiculous.
They'll add another playoff team as soon as they think they can get away with it. Get ready for either 2 teams out of each division, or 4 wild card teams. It's an obvious revenue generator and, like the 18th regular season game, is all but inevitable, because the owners won't allow the situation to be reversed back to 6 playoff teams or 16 regular season games.

Greed > everything else, and that's true for both the owners and the players.

Bucs announced linebacker Kevin Minter and practice squad wide receiver Travis Jonsen have been placed on the Reserve/COVID-19 list. They also released cornerback Herb Miller from its practice squad.

Minter was on the reserve/COVID-19 list in January as well, missed the Bucs' playoff game vs. Saints while he was sidelined then.

Bucs have signed former 49ers/Jets/Cowboys corner Rashard Robinson to their practice squad, per his agent David Canter. Robinson, 26, played at LSU, was in Dallas last year. 18 career starts in 5 seasons, 3 INTs. More veteran corner depth.

Darrell Henderson injured his rib cartilage but Sean McVay says he hopes he can be ready for Sunday after resting this week. That’s a pretty painful injury IMO so we’ll see. But McVay certainly did not rule Henderson out against Tampa Bay.

For a game of this magnitude, expect him to take a needle and give it a try.

Some people were trying to equate Brady's use of the pass inside the 5 while his RBs are struggling a bit with what Peyton did during his career. I made a comment about 1-on-1 routes with Gronk and Evans, and how they are major mismatches that Brady absolutely should exploit. Here's an example of what I was talking about:

.@Buccaneers runs this route like he a small point guard; except he is a big power forward. CB has no chance after he sells the slant. #router #BaldysBreakdowns

Andy Reid, among others, would seem to put the lie to that.
How so and who are the others?

Bill won 6 SBs and went to 9.
Reid won 1 SB and went to 3.

That looks like a mile to me.

I was looking at Tampa's schedule and they are set up very nicely in terms of travel. This trip out to LA is their only trip to the West Coast. Then they fly up to play us. All of their games after are all close as they play the NFC East and AFC East. So they have almost all their games on East Coast time and very little air time. It is also fortunate for them that this game in LA happens so early in the season as they have their bye right in the middle of the season, another fortunate break for them in terms of the schedule. They really are set up as well as could be schedule-wise to make a legit run at repeating.

Also, the the teams in the West are the only teams in the NFC I think they can make a run at getting the top seed from them. And they all have to play each other twice so all of them will have losses just from the division. I am not discounting the Packers completely but they play the West and already lost to the Saints, a conference loss and also have to play the Chiefs as well in KC so again, Tampa is set up really well all around.

Throw your bias in the trash, and my point is obvious. They lost to the Rams at home last year, after all.
What does last year year have to do with this year?

That Evans juke was exactly the move The Squirrel used to score a TD in the SB vs the SeaHags
The only difference was the coverage was much better against Jules and he had to use a bit of a stiff arm to create some space.

This thread keeps reminding me how the two greatest players in the history of the team want nothing to do with this franchise. It just stinks that 2 years in Tampa are greater to them then all the winning they did in New England. Pretty much the greatest player in the history of Patriots franchise that wants to be associated with the team is I guess John Hannah? Brady and Gronk will have a relationship with Tampa after they retire but not New England. Kind of sucks.

This thread keeps reminding me how the two greatest players in the history of the team want nothing to do with this franchise. It just stinks that 2 years in Tampa are greater to them then all the winning they did in New England. Pretty much the greatest player in the history of Patriots franchise that wants to be associated with the team is I guess John Hannah? Brady and Gronk will have a relationship with Tampa after they retire but not New England. Kind of sucks.
Reminds me of Manning having almost nothing to do with Indianapolis.

Reminds me of Manning having almost nothing to do with Indianapolis.

I think its a different situation. Dungy wasn't stupid enough to push Manning out. Never would have even if he stayed coaching. Bill decided that he was more important than Tom and that was obviously not the case.

Tom probably would have stayed had Bill relented on a bunch of things even with Giselle pushing him to a warmer climate.

Modest movement up the all-time receiving list leaders:

................Yards...............TD
AB............31st to 29th....30
GRONK.....84 to 81......... alone at 13
Evans........93 to 88..........84 to Gronks favorite number of 69.

Just imagine by next year. The Bucs might have all 3 players in the top 50 all-time for both receiving yards and TDs.

AB might be pushing at the door to top 10 in receiving yards, and Gronk top 10 in receiving TDs.

The ability to point to SB wins as some proof of BB's being head and shoulders above every other head coach died on February 7, 2021.

What does last year year have to do with this year?
You're better than this nonsense.

Get back to me when you stop making really silly arguments.

Ehhhh....I'll give you that Bill has been more successful than Reid, all things considered, but this measuring stick isn't right.

Reid made it to five NFC Championship games and a Super Bowl with Donovan McNabb. The Chiefs were a perennial playoff contender with Alex Smith. With Mahomes, he's winning at over .800 and is 6-0 in the postseason against everyone other than Tom Brady.

Look at the years before Reid in Philadelphia; they were 3-13 in 1998. In Kansas City, they were 2-14 in 2012.

Let's say Belichick only had Brady for 3 seasons and Reid had Mahomes for 19 seasons...is there any question the results would be dramatically different?

1632248310254.png

1632248420277.png

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News