PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ehhh...maybe he’s fine. Arians probably would have called you personally to tell you if AB has a bad injury, as part of his campaign to tell everyone in the country.
hope you’re right. they really need him with Evans playing banged up and Godwin going full Dobson these last two games

Playoffs are what matter around here, pendejo.

In that case, congratulations! Considering the rest of your life sucks, it's something to hang your hat on...

I am loving this day. I am so going to enjoy this week of build up as Brady gets ready to play is his 14th champ game and 9 out of the last 10 years.
It sure is fun to have someone to pull for during these playoffs. It's a good way to come down from having a mediocre Pats team. Maybe Tom and Gronk will play long enough to be our bridge to another Pats playoff run.

embarrassed in 2 of them. the Falcons game was 24-0 at half and the 49ers game was 27-0 at half

well i guess you could say they were embarrassed in all 3 since the green bay defense got Rodgers 5 turnovers against the Seahawks and he managed to put up only 22 points (including having to settle for an 18 yard and 19 yard field goal since he couldn’t even get them in the end zone after great field position off a turnover)
Wasn't that the game where the Packers got a late pick deep in Seattle territory and instead of trying to run it in for a clinching TD the defender went to the ground (with help from a teammate) to avoid making a mistake? If it's the game I'm thinking of that one reeked of McCarthy's conservatism.

Last edited:
Look at Miguel's page, it lists the contracts.

The Patriots have always had a substantial middle class. They are the league leader in middle class contracts.

Thuney, Gilmore and Edelman really counted a lot against the cap. But so did Brady and Antonio Brown. Those 5 players alone were $66m in cap money this year.

Add in a bunch of dead money from Gost, Michael Bennett, Harmon, etc and it adds up. $7m

Not to mention the bigger cap hits from Shaq Mason, lawrence Guy, both McCourtys, Jonathan Jones, Andrews and James White. All these guys are $43m. You're at $116m.

You have another 18 guys who are middle class. These guys don't even exist on other teams. After other teams pay the stars, they dole out sub $1m contracts to the rest. Whereas the Patriots have 18 guys averaging around $2.2 to $2.4m. That's $40m other teams don't even pay.
That has been Bill's strategy from the beginning and has resulted in deeper teams that can handle injuries better.

"Who needs Tyler Johnson when Justin Rohrwasser is still available?"

- B. Belichick

Brady doesn't throw to rookies if they don't know where to go or if they just plain suck.

Johnson had 1 catch. Had to dive for it because his route was wrong. And you think this is an indication of what? 1 feckin catch on a bum route?

You are embarrassing yourself.

TB RT Tristan Wirfs deserves much credit for his play. They left him on an island against Cam Jordan on many of the key downs yesterday, and he held up nicely. Excellent young player.
I just watched it, only caught 1st half bc if work. Might have been his best game so far. He's been an absolute stud. Becton and Willis too. All were great for rookies.

Yo that potential Vita Vea return is really significant. In my opinion he is their best defensive player more than White/David/Barrett
I love him. There really aren't many like him at all. He can consistently push and break the pocket. Monster against the run. He's a borderline great player. Deserves mention on that 2nd tier of defenders.

Mahomes hasn't had a chance. He is only in his fourth year in the league.

And I said the playoffs.

And Brady has at least to an AFC Championship Game. So that the bar for Brady to determine if he slipped.
You’re not “carrying a bad team” if you’re not winning the Super Bowl. Especially for a team that had just won its third trophy just two years before. What a ridiculous argument. There isn’t a single QB in NFL history that has “carried a bad team” to a title.

Johnson had 1 catch. Had to dive for it because his route was wrong. And you think this is an indication of what? 1 feckin catch on a bum route?

FWIW, many of us in the draft forum loved Johnson coming out of Minnesota. He’s buried on the depth chart there but he’ll eventually get his opportunity and will become at least a solid slot receiver in the league.

Has any QB won both the AFCCG and NFCCG?
I think Craig Morton (Cowboys and Broncos) is the only one so far.

Brady is now as close as Montana was to being the second.

I've never liked the after draft comparisons. Every team misses players at every position in every round. It's a crap shoot.

The Johnson catch was one catch but it was a great one in a big situation. He kept his eyes on Brady and that allowed him to quickly adjust to the pass.

And word on Antonio Brown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye