PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shannon Sharpe asks the same question I've been asking this for years, "Where has all the money gone"? There have been many years where they were "pressed against the cap", yet had hardly any big contracts, especially with their GOAT QB taking below market deals.

Skip taking shots as he's Team Tom.

This is the microscopic view which botherd me a lot during the early 2000s when people said the pats dont have any good players. They have always spent to the CAP. Just ebcause he cant see the value of all the players on the team and doesnt consider everyone as HOFers doesnt mean the money wasnt spent.
And this whole topic is being bought upon like brady suffered in a dungeon of 20 yrs of winningless seasons like some barry sanders.

embarrassed in 2 of them. the Falcons game was 24-0 at half and the 49ers game was 27-0 at half

well i guess you could say they were embarrassed in all 3 since the green bay defense got Rodgers 5 turnovers against the Seahawks and he managed to put up only 22 points (including having to settle for an 18 yard and 19 yard field goal since he couldn’t even get them in the end zone after great field position off a turnover)
Is Aaron Rodgers the only QB to lose when the other team had 5 TOs?

Antonio Brown and Gronk may be the only ones used to catching balls in the cold

I see we’re heading down a road steeped in superstition and (for some) wishful thinking. These are professional athletes. They wear gloves. They practice. Windy or slick conditions can effect a game, for sure, but the idea that one team has an advantage in doing fundamental tasks like catching a football...no basis in reality.

The Bucs should worry about Fournette and Jones dropping passes in any conditions, and Godwin has developed stone hands too.

Shannon Sharpe asks the same question I've been asking this for years, "Where has all the money gone"? There have been many years where they were "pressed against the cap", yet had hardly any big contracts, especially with their GOAT QB taking below market deals.

Skip taking shots as he's Team Tom.

I think a lot of the Pats money has gone to mid level guys and special team only players more that other teams. Their depth as a result is probably better than most teams and losing a starter or two has generally not doomed them like it does other teams. But all of that was with TB at QB.

I see we’re heading down a road steeped in superstition and (for some) wishful thinking. These are professional athletes. They wear gloves. They practice. Windy or slick conditions can effect a game, for sure, but the idea that one team has an advantage in doing fundamental tasks like catching a football...no basis in reality.

The Bucs should worry about Fournette and Jones dropping passes in any conditions, and Godwin has developed stone hands too.
So BB making sure to have the practice outdoors in all conditions was just for the hell of it? coming from up North and playin the heat an humidity of Miami in December meas nothing? That said, the weather does not look terrible this Sunday in GB. Temps in the 20s and snow showers. Really not that bad.

So BB making sure to have the practice outdoors in all conditions was just for the hell of it? coming from up North and playin the heat an humidity of Miami in December meas nothing? That said, the weather does not look terrible this Sunday in GB. Temps in the 20s and snow showers. Really not that bad.

It‘s good to prepare for it, and I did say it can effect games. I also said that’s why players practice and adjust to the conditions.

Seems like you’re really looking to attack here...why is everything perceived as an attack on Belichick? Anyway, the preparation for games in Miami (humidity) and Denver (altitude) aren’t really strong points.

Is Aaron Rodgers the only QB to lose when the other team had 5 TOs?
That was an absolute pathetic performance by Rodgers. Seahawks had no business winning that game and should've been over at halftime.

If the temperatures are too cold, it's going to have an effect for sure. Have you ever tried breathing outdoors when it's incredibly cold or stifling hot? Try running routes in those kinds of conditions. There's a reason why the Pats have played like crap at times in Florida in September/October.

Last edited:
So Rodgers is a lock for MVP. When was the last time the MVP won a SB? Manning had 5 MVP and Brady had 3, and neither could break the Madden curse. The curse is saying GB and MVP Rodgers are toast in the NFCCG.

There’s arguments you can always make regarding weather, but oddsmakers almost never move lines more than a point due to conditions because, over a large sample size, it doesn’t effect the actual strength of a team.

But if the wind/slick field is effecting the passing game, it makes 3rd and longs a lot tougher to complete. I’m not saying it will be a factor, as it rarely actually is. But I know which team is more likely to shut down the run on early downs, particularly if Vita is playing. The Packers run defense isn’t very good.

I’m just spinning this, admittedly, but point being that potential weather advantages can often go either way.

I’ve never subscribed to the idea that humidity effected the Patriots in Miami. Moronic coaching decisions and bad quarterback play were the problem. When players can’t run well or the ball is slipping off their hands, that would be one thing. Running Steven Jackson 12 times in a row, putting Gronk in as the (impossible to reach on a pass) hail mary safety over McCourty, Brady’s typical failures against those defenses...those were reasons for losing. Similar story with the Denver altitude. Unless you think the Patriots are different from the other 30 teams that also play in those cities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back