PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, many of us in the draft forum loved Johnson coming out of Minnesota. He’s buried on the depth chart there but he’ll eventually get his opportunity and will become at least a solid slot receiver in the league.

Maybe. Right now to post about one catch on a poorly run route as proof of any thing is ridiculous.

I've never liked the after draft comparisons. Every team misses players at every position in every round. It's a crap shoot.

The Johnson catch was one catch but it was a great one in a big situation. He kept his eyes on Brady and that allowed him to quickly adjust to the pass.

Looked like a Harry catch to me. Brady expected Johnson to be nearer the sideline - do you think Brady threw the ball wrong or Johnson ran the route wrong? It would have been a better play if Johnson broke towards the sideline like Brady expected.

Maybe. Right now to post about one catch on a poorly run route as proof of any thing is ridiculous.
Well, there was a narrative going in the Harry thread that Brady wouldn’t throw to rookies. Obviously that narrative was incorrect before the Johnson catch, but that catch just shows that Brady will throw to them in a tight spot, and in a big moment. But honestly, that narrative should have died in the second half of Super Bowl 51 when Brady threw to Mitchell in some big time spots.

Looked like a Harry catch to me. Brady expected Johnson to be nearer the sideline - do you think Brady threw the ball wrong or Johnson ran the route wrong? It would have been a better play if Johnson broke towards the sideline like Brady expected.
And he still made the catch so what?

And he still made the catch so what?
Johnson made 1 catch on a poorly run route and we have people posting that the catch is proof that BB can't draft. I think the BB can't draft argument based on every SINGLE catch made by any rookie is absurd. If you want to support an agenda please use a reasonable argument. That is "so what".

Johnson made 1 catch on a poorly run route and we have people posting that the catch is proof that BB can't draft. I think the BB can't draft argument based on every SINGLE catch made by any rookie is absurd. If you want to support an agenda please use a reasonable argument. That is "so what".
Well he had about half as many yards, and about 1/3 the amount of catches as Harry playing well under half the amount of snaps as Harry and Johnson was buried down the depth chart.

Basically this guy and his one horrible catch already looks like a better player than Harry.

Well he had about half as many yards, and about 1/3 the amount of catches as Harry playing well under half the amount of snaps as Harry and Johnson was buried down the depth chart.

Basically this guy and his one horrible catch already looks like a better player than Harry.

Of course. A Harry hater creating any opportunity, no matter how absurd, to spew more hate. Have a nice life with your hate ........... :)

Of course. A Harry hater creating any opportunity, no matter how absurd, to spew more hate. Have a nice life with your hate ........... :)
LOL. How's your life? You bragged about how much money your were going to make betting the 3 point spread the Saints were giving the Bucs. You need us to start a GoFundMe for you to bail you out?

Hate him? No I think he sucks. If you associate anything said on this forum to how anyone is in real life that says more about you than it does me.

Johnson had 1 catch. Had to dive for it because his route was wrong. And you think this is an indication of what? 1 feckin catch on a bum route?

You are embarrassing yourself.
How do you know the route he ran was wrong?

And what's truly embarrassing is defending Little Billy's pick at 159.

I've never liked the after draft comparisons. Every team misses players at every position in every round. It's a crap shoot.

The Johnson catch was one catch but it was a great one in a big situation. He kept his eyes on Brady and that allowed him to quickly adjust to the pass.
That's a Lie.

It's More proof - not that we needed any more of it - that Little Billy made the (yet another) Wrong choice at 159.

LOL. How's your life? You bragged about how much money your were going to make betting the 3 point spread the Saints were giving the Bucs. You need us to start a GoFundMe for you to bail you out?

I do not bet - never made a claim about the Saints and the Bucs. My life is great - your life is obviously confused. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe