PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's More proof - not that we needed any more of it - that Little Billy made the (yet another) Wrong choice at 159.

By that logic you can pick any player after 159 that did anything to provide more proof that 159 was a bad pick. 159 does not look like a great pick at the moment, but losing sleep over a 5th rounder seems over the top. Grasping for any straw to prove a 5th rounder was a bad pick is beyond the pale, especially for a draft expert like you.

Isn't Tyler Johnson's one catch against Saints, on a route poorly run, an indication that Little Billy missed on the 37th pick?

Maybe. Right now to post about one catch on a poorly run route as proof of any thing is ridiculous.
Maybe but Tyler had as many TDs as our #1 receiver who had 57 targets (58% @ 9.4 ypa) to Tyler's 18 (67% @ 14.1 ypa). Kid shows potential.

20210119_125322.jpg

20210119_125146.jpg

Maybe but Tyler had as many TDs as our #1 receiver who had 57 targets (58% @ 9.4 ypa) to Tyler's 18 (67% @ 14.1 ypa). Kid shows potential.

Could be, maybe not. 12 catches and 2 TDs in his rookie year against the weakest defender on the opposing team does not say a lot IMO. Comparing him to Harry does not make him any better either. He might be great - I wish him all the best.

My point, which you may have missed, is that his diving catch is not impressive to me, but troubling. Do you remember Malcom Mitchell as @KontradictioN pointed out? In the Super Bowl he was made all 6 catches. Do you remember Mitchell diving for any of those catches? The reason Mitchell did not dive is because he was in the correct place at the correct time so he caught Brady's passes in stride. That shows potential to me.

Could be, maybe not. 12 catches and 2 TDs in his rookie year against the weakest defender on the opposing team does not say a lot IMO. Comparing him to Harry does not make him any better either. He might be great - I wish him all the best.

My point, which you may have missed, is that his diving catch is not impressive to me, but troubling. Do you remember Malcom Mitchell as @KontradictioN pointed out? In the Super Bowl he was made all 6 catches. Do you remember Mitchell diving for any of those catches? The reason Mitchell did not dive is because he was in the correct place at the correct time so he caught Brady's passes in stride. That shows potential to me.
Sure but the fact he made the catch, even assuming he ran the wrong route just shows how athletic and talented he is. I mean everyone is talking about that catch since it came at a pivotal point along with the subsequent catch by sophmore Scotty Miller.

It is also possible Brady hung the ball out wide given he was covered well inside and he made a fantastic adjustment to pass only he could catch.

Clete Blakeman to referee NFCCG

Brady couldn't care less about New England or the Patriots. Move on.

Brady couldn't care less about New England or the Patriots. Move on.
It means nothing to me what TFB thinks about New England or the Patriots franchise. Why would or should I care?

You should remember him from our contest with the Panthers in 2013. Hope that answers your question.

I think I recall a few meetings after that and Tom joking around about it and playing slap ass with Blakeman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back