PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This moron made the mistake of being a wiseass to Lawyer Milloy at Parentes in summer camp when he was negotiating his last contract. Fortunately I was able to retreat quickly and hide behind the crowd as he moved towards me or I would not be posting here today.

I remember bouncing off of Mike Ruth at a party at BC........I never knew what hit me even though Ruth didn't lift a finger or make a move.....Micheal Adams was pointing a finger, laughing at me. At least Jay Murphy helped me up. I should have watched where I was going

The Thuney signing and Brown trade (and likely another big splash signing) is making me question Prince Pat's greatness even more. The guys in the Super Bowl were indeed flaming garbage cans, but you don't have many resources, the team is thinning out rapidly, you have very little youth, and you're going out and signing two very, very expensive offensive linemen to add the an already absurdly expensive offense? I don't believe they're in position to make these kinds of moves right now and should be focusing on bargains and depth; their holes are pretty gaping, and they're going to try to solve it all again by scoring 75 points per game.

Last edited:
Brown is also on the last year of his deal and will be looking for a top of the market contract next offseason.

Brown is also on the last year of his deal and will be looking for a top of the market contract next offseason.

Im assuming they have to resign him you can’t trade a 1st than let him leave the following season

Im assuming they have to resign him you can’t trade a 1st than let him leave the following season
With all the fake years going into contracts these days, it won’t be a problem

The Thuney signing and Brown trade (and likely another big splash signing) is making me question Prince Pat's greatness even more. The guys in the Super Bowl were indeed flaming garbage cans, but you don't have many resources, the team is thinning out rapidly, you have very little youth, and you're going out and signing two very, very expensive offensive linemen to add the an already absurdly expensive offense? I don't believe they're in position to make these kinds of moves right now and should be focusing on bargains and depth; their holes are pretty gaping, and they're going to try to solve it all again by scoring 75 points per game.

Pat is still a great QB and might win another ring or 2 before he hangs up his cleats, but the days of having elite talent around him are coming to an end unless they have have some incredible drafts.

The 35mil a year that wasn't going to him but other players around him is over.

Pat is still a great QB and might win another ring or 2 before he hangs up his cleats, but the days of having elite talent around him are coming to an end unless they have have some incredible drafts.

The 35mil a year that wasn't going to him but other players around him is over.

I don't understand the cap allotment there. You have a QB making that much money, meaning he will make guys around him better. It is true that Mahomes is much less dependent on stellar offensive line play, even if the Super Bowl was an extreme case. I don't see why you'd pay so much money to all of these guys. That defense is going to be terrible unit. We had gone through the advanced stats before the Super Bowl and thought they might just a be an average to even bad unit that got bailed out by the offense...in the Super Bowl, the entire unit was healthy and got totally shredded. There's no doubt the Chiefs will be better with these two monsters on the O-Line, but I think their tackle issues were a freak injury thing and they would have been okay with some decent players there.

The problems they're going to have due to spending all their money to fix a minor issue (minor, provided no big injuries) are going to be insurmountable. Their best player cannot make the defense better, and it's questionalbe how much he can make these superstars better; they're already really good, so there's less multiplier effect.

Lastly, this is a zero-sense move in throwing away a first round pick for a guy who will demand a market contract anyway. They're using that valuable draft pick and won't get any cheap value years; could do the same thing in the free agent market by just outbidding everyone and keep your first rounder.

I don't understand the cap allotment there. You have a QB making that much money, meaning he will make guys around him better. It is true that Mahomes is much less dependent on stellar offensive line play, even if the Super Bowl was an extreme case. I don't see why you'd pay so much money to all of these guys. That defense is going to be terrible unit. We had gone through the advanced stats before the Super Bowl and thought they might just a be an average to even bad unit that got bailed out by the offense...in the Super Bowl, the entire unit was healthy and got totally shredded. There's no doubt the Chiefs will be better with these two monsters on the O-Line, but I think their tackle issues were a freak injury thing and they would have been okay with some decent players there.

The problems they're going to have due to spending all their money to fix a minor issue (minor, provided no big injuries) are going to be insurmountable. Their best player cannot make the defense better, and it's questionalbe how much he can make these superstars better; they're already really good, so there's less multiplier effect.

Lastly, this is a zero-sense move in throwing away a first round pick for a guy who will demand a market contract anyway. They're using that valuable draft pick and won't get any cheap value years; could do the same thing in the free agent market by just outbidding everyone and keep your first rounder.
I'm not really understanding your position here. First, as of now, K.C.'s biggest problem deal is the Frank Clark deal, not the deal of an offensive player. Second, Kelce's cap is under $9m until 2022. Third, Mathieu's current cap his is over $19.7, as this is the last year of his deal. So the team will either work out an extension or sign him in the offseason. Either way, his cap hit will be less than that $19.7m next year.

So, sure, the Chiefs build it a bit more top heavy than others, but it's (mostly) in places where the money should be spent (Mahomes/Hill/Jones/Kelce).

I’m Not sure why anyone is excited about Kyle Long being on the Chiefs when he hasn’t been to a Pro Bowl since 2015 and was retired last year.

I'm not really understanding your position here. First, as of now, K.C.'s biggest problem deal is the Frank Clark deal, not the deal of an offensive player. Second, Kelce's cap is under $9m until 2022. Third, Mathieu's current cap his is over $19.7, as this is the last year of his deal. So the team will either work out an extension or sign him in the offseason. Either way, his cap hit will be less than that $19.7m next year.

So, sure, the Chiefs build it a bit more top heavy than others, but it's (mostly) in places where the money should be spent (Mahomes/Hill/Jones/Kelce).
The Chiefs are building a team much differently than the Pats. It is for sure top heavy. Where they run into issues with this approach is they have no depth on the roster. That is where you sacrifice on a top heavy roster. This came home to roost big time last year when they lost both starting tackles prior the SB. They had scrubs behind them and as a result they got embarrassed in the SB.

The Chiefs are building a team much differently than the Pats. It is for sure top heavy. Where they run into issues with this approach is they have no depth on the roster. That is where you sacrifice on a top heavy roster. This came home to roost big time last year when they lost both starting tackles prior the SB. They had scrubs behind them and as a result they got embarrassed in the SB.
When New England lost its tackles in 2019, and was forced to play guys like Newhouse at the position, we saw the same problem.

When New England lost its tackles in 2019, and was forced to play guys like Newhouse at the position, we saw the same problem.
Sure. I am not saying any approach is fool proof. But over the years, we have been able to plug and play better than most teams because Bill comprises his teams mostly of mid-tier players and very few top end guys so we have great depth throughout the roster. We also build the team from the inside out where as KC is outside in.

Sure. I am not saying any approach is fool proof. But over the years, we have been able to plug and play better than most teams because Bill comprises his teams mostly of mid-tier players and very few top end guys so we have great depth throughout the roster. We also build the team from the inside out where as KC is outside in.
I think you may have a misperception about the Chiefs. First round drafting from 2002 to the present:

1619299868585.png

Second round drafting from 2002 to the present:

1619299932553.png

Third round drafting from 2002 to the present:

1619300154758.png

I think you may have a misperception about the Chiefs. First round drafting from 2002 to the present:

View attachment 32332

Second round drafting from 2002 to the present:

View attachment 32333

Third round drafting from 2002 to the present:

View attachment 32334
Since they signed Mahomes and he became the starter, the majority of their cap is tied up in outside guys on both sides of the ball. I am not saying they have no depth at all. I am talking about the approach.

The Chiefs are never gonna be bad as long as Mahomes is the QB but their approach is gonna probably lead to loses along the margins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back