PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Brady on the football field, off it not really. Didn’t realize that was “hate” or being “anti-Brady”. Weird.
Oh stop it. Now you're playing the reasonable, fair and balanced poster. You've mocked him, laughed at his mistakes and cheer every thing he does wrong

Rob Ryan to Bruce Arians: "How about you rip yourself?" - ProFootballTalk

As it relates to the offense, Ryan said that Arians must “meet Brady halfway,” using plays that are more familiar to Brady and not expecting him to do things he doesn’t typically do.

Ryan cited the interception that was returned for a touchdown, an “out” route jumped by Saints cornerback Janoris Jenkins.

“That’s not his throw,” Ryan said of Brady. “He doesn’t make those throws.”

Oh look it's the anti Brady poster that can't stop posting on a Brady thread, fighting for the #2 spot. :rofl:
View attachment 28628
Hey, I broke the top 10! :)
I've read the leaks that have said Brady, coming off a Super Bowl victory, was looking for a 2 year contract. It happened in the summer of 2018. He put his house up for sale in August of that year.

You've got things backward in this post. He made the no-franchise request AFTER they only offered him one year. This is why his contract was rewritten.
I'm not sure why the before and after is relevant. BB had a valuation on TB12 that resulted in the one year offer presumably with similar terms to what he was making i.e. $14M with a bit of a bump. TB12 indeed had just won the SB and probably was looking for something like he got out of Tampa, two years with $25M per year. The middle ground was to accept the one year deal but also request the no franchise tag and the early release so he could cash in elsewhere.

I'm still not seeing how this isn't just BB following the same team building formula he always has and it being an honest disagreement on valuation, as opposed to BB offering nothing and TB12 being forced out.
Brady had to have known what he was getting into- he had to be well aware that Arians is an average coach (albeit an above average OC who won a SB with Steelers) that has always shot his mouth off in public when not airing dirty laundry.

I wonder if he valued having all those offensive weapons more than what he was getting in Arians. That snippy remark by Brady was surprising to me, either way. Like, what was he expecting?
TB12 got the bride he wanted (validation by getting the cash and a starting job for two years at age 43, plus a few nice weapons) but had to take the mother in law (Arians public bad mouthing, overall lack of discipline, and inferior coaching and organizational skills compared to what he was used to) as a part of the deal. It was the best offer on the table. The "he's the coach" statement is his way of saying he's putting up with the nagging MiL as a part of the deal. Note TB12 did not in any way admit Arians was making valid criticism.

Right now things look ugly, but they should be able to beat CAR decisively this week, and have a relatively easy schedule for a few more weeks, so should be able to get things back on track. Yet IMO it does show the two are not on the same page at this time. Arians should STFU with his public criticisms, but we can't expect Arians to change, he's done that his whole career.

Last edited:
That's pretty much any pure pocket passer. That's not a Brady weakness but simply just logistics as its easier to sidestep pressure coming from the edges and still setting up for an accurate throw than when it comes from the interior.

That’s true but that’s always been the book on Brady. I don’t know if that’s because he was that awesome at handling pressure off the edge and was just like any other QB when it comes up the middle - or if he was just weak at handling pressure up the middle. Not a lot of teams had the personnel like the Giants did to pull it off.

Oh stop it. Now you're playing the reasonable, fair and balanced poster.
Always was. Not my problem if your Brady colored glasses got in the way of seeing that.

And didn’t you say I’m on your ignore list?:notsaying:

I like Brady on the football field, off it not really. Didn’t realize that was “hate” or being “anti-Brady”. Weird.
Oh stop it. Now you're playing the reasonable, fair and balanced poster. You've mocked him, laughed at his mistakes and cheer every thing he does wrong

Down one weapon:

Hey, I broke the top 10! :)

I'm not sure why the before and after is relevant. BB had a valuation on TB12 that resulted in the one year offer presumably with similar terms to what he was making i.e. $14M with a bit of a bump. TB12 indeed had just won the SB and probably was looking for something like he got out of Tampa, two years with $25M per year. The middle ground was to accept the one year deal but also request the no franchise tag and the early release so he could cash in elsewhere.

I'm still not seeing how this isn't just BB following the same team building formula he always has and it being an honest disagreement on valuation, as opposed to BB offering nothing and TB12 being forced out.

TB12 got the bride he wanted (validation by getting the cash and a starting job for two years at age 43, plus a few nice weapons) but had to take the mother in law (Arians public bad mouthing, overall lack of discipline, and inferior coaching and organizational skills compared to what he was used to) as a part of the deal. It was the best offer on the table. The "he's the coach" statement is his way of saying he's putting up with the nagging MiL as a part of the deal. Note TB12 did not in any way admit Arians was making valid criticism.

Right now things look ugly, but they should be able to beat CAR decisively this week, and have a relatively easy schedule for a few more weeks, so should be able to get things back on track. Yet IMO it does show the two are not on the same page at this time. Arians should STFU with his public criticisms, but we can't expect Arians to change, he's done that his whole career.
Arians is his head coach, so it's like a live-in nagging mother-in-law. No bride is worth that.

Regards,
Chris

I was responding to the idea that Brady wanted out of New England.

I was responding to the idea that Brady wanted out of New England.
So, is it fair to say Brady wanted out of NE after BB did not make a contract offer he liked?

So, is it fair to say Brady wanted out of NE after BB did not make a contract offer he liked?

That's not the point. The person said that Brady wanted OUT period. He said definitively that this wasn't about the contract offer. I said it was. In other words, the poster and I disagree 100%.

Not really.

Brady took less money so BB could have money to spend on good players around Tom. Instead, Brady got Gordon, Dorsett, AB, Ben Watson. Harry is still an enigma.

Bottom line is that bad WR drafting continues to kick the Pats in the nuts. When you draft good WRs, you basically have them on the cheap for a few years. Otherwise youre shelling out 9 million out for an AB or forking up a 2nd round pick for a Sanu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes