PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when Brady arrogantly and publicly scoffed at the idea that the Patriots would only score 17 in the Super Bowl on the Giants... and then his team scored 14. Yikes.
It absolutely boggles the mind how someone who claims to be a Patriots fan has such hatred and disdain for the greatest QB in franchise history who led the team to 6 Super Bowl Championships. Taking Belichick's side on the Brady vs. Belichick debate is one thing but geez, you really hate the man....

No seriously, sb1... who's your team? Buffalo? ****tsburgh? Green Bay? (Anyone else have any guesses who his team is?)

It absolutely boggles the mind how someone who claims to be a Patriots fan has such hatred and disdain for the greatest QB in franchise history who led the team to 6 Super Bowl Championships. Taking Belichick's side on the Brady vs. Belichick debate is one thing but geez, you really hate the man....

No seriously, sb1... who's your team? Buffalo? ****tsburgh? Green Bay? (Anyone else have any guesses who his team is?)

“Hatred” lol:rofl::thumbsup:

Not at all but he did say that and I doubt many other players would.

Brady used to do that to great effect. He used to duck out of the way when defenders ran up behind him, and people would be like, "How in the world did he know they were coming?" When you see him ducking for ghosts, you understand that he heard something those times and was guessing. He did it to great effect. I'd rather him "see ghosts" or whatever than take those hits from behind. Bruschimade the same points as me in a segment with Ryan Clark on ESPN. It was deliberate.

There's a reason Brady has so few turnovers over his career, and it's precisely because of those moves in the pocket.

ou quote the Giants Super Bowl game and then neglect to mention how Michael Strahan was in awe because he said Brady stood in there taking hard hit after hard hit like no QB he's ever seen before. Strahan has commented many times on how he learned about Brady's toughness that game.

A few years ago we used to post that pro football stats study that showed the 3 QBs in the league who were hit more than anyone and received the fewest calls were Peyton Manning at #3, Tom Brady at #2 and Ben Roethlisberger who far outpaced everyone at #1. These 3 guys took hit after hit and stood in there. I'd say these 3 were the least effected by pressure of any QBs I've seen, and you can be dumb like Joe Kapp and Steve Grogan and stand back there without flinching, but it doesn't help your team to turn the ball over and make bad throws just because you look foolish when avoiding a defender who isn't there.
Also Justin Tuck.

Also Justin Tuck.

Rex Ryan used that approach too and it was successful a few times. React to a rush that may or may not be there.

When you get older the mind starts slipping. ;-)

You mean you're not old? OK, then talk to me about pink hats if the Patriots ever go 1-15 or 2-14 again.

Like, multiple times.

My take is Brady would be here if Bill wanted him here. Obviously I don't know that the same way everyone who claims Brady just wanted to leave doesn't know that either.

You are ignoring the many people who have shared insider info that Brady wanted out. Period. Why is it so hard for you to believe that? There have been no insider leaks that have said, "If the Patriots had offered me more money, I would've stayed." Not one leak said this. This was not about money. Brady wanted out.

Look, his last Patriots contract contained specific terms at Brady's request. It included a clause that he could not be franchised and it terminated on the last day of the NFL season, making him a free agent. Brady wanted this contract. Demanded it. The Patriots gave it to him.

That's funny, but it shows that there is still a belief out there that the Pats taped opponents' practices. Thanks, Tomase and ESPN.

The Onion. Surely you know of The Onion?

It is funny, I certainly appreciate all Brady did while playing for the Patriots, but only a pink hat fan is still going to root for him when he goes to another team. You can go watch Ted 2 and hope to catch a glimpse of his manhood, which glows, by the way, if you would like.

Your post doesn't even begin to make any sense.

Pressure from the edge yes he handled it well. Up the middle not so much.
Not to sound argumentative, but can you name one QB who handles pressure up the middle well? The mobile guys can try to outrun it, but I can’t think of anyone else.

“Hatred” lol:rofl::thumbsup:

Not at all but he did say that and I doubt many other players would.
No, seriously.... Miami? SD/LA Chargers?

Remember when Brady arrogantly and publicly scoffed at the idea that the Patriots would only score 17 in the Super Bowl on the Giants... and then his team scored 14. Yikes.

Do you remember any other QB getting to 9 super bowls and winning six?

Breakdown of Brady's 1st INT by Nobody:

2ND & 9 AT TB 26(11:06)
(11:06) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass deep left intended for M.Evans INTERCEPTED by M.Williams at NO 48. M.Williams to TB 35 for 17 yards (C.Godwin).

We're Unbalanced Right, Doubles Left. They're Match Quarters. We play-fake a Power-O (pulling the LG) but it does no work to hold the backside Flow LB (who will be under Mike who is in the Slot). Mike clearly read the coverage wrong. Given that its MQ, it had to have been a Skinny Post/Post and Mike throttled down.

Given the throw, Brady was clearly expecting him to cross the face of the Safety over him (that would be matching him) and was putting it up for Mike to go get it. The trailing WLB was pushing him to that Safety and was in-phase. He sure as hell wouldn't have made a play on the ball if Mike would have gone hard to that Post. The only question is if the Safety would have been able to outcompete Mike at the catch point and get the PBU. We'll never know.

For two decades, fans of opposing teams would have all sorts of irrational and petty comments about Brady when he was with the Patriots.

The moment Brady steps on the field for another team, several clowns on here like sb1 begin to act identical to the aforementioned type of fans in making their own petty, irrational comments about Brady.

I'm pretty sure 'sb' stands for salty b*tch.

For two decades, fans of opposing teams would have all sorts of irrational and petty comments about Brady when he was with the Patriots.

The moment Brady steps on the field for another team, several clowns on here like sb1 begin to act identical to the aforementioned type of fans in making their own petty, irrational comments about Brady.

Soy Boy?

Hey...I'm gonna watch the Pats this Sunday...and I'm gonna watch TB and Brady too...in fact, I'm gonna watch EVERYBODY. I'm an NFL homer I guess...thank you Red Zone

Oh look it’s the Bradyite internet defense force to Tommy’s rescue! :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back