PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: McFarland out for year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they lose these guys their D-line will have one starter (who got 3 sacks); the LBs will have one starter (who was benched last year); and 2 DBs ( one of whom was a 6th rounder forced into starting, due to starter injuries; and a much injured SS Starter who played 4 games out of 16).

They're going to try to win with a former 6th rounder who only started due to an injury to the veteran starter at a key position? And a strong safety coming back from a knee injury? They are doomed. I don't think any team has ever won in that situation.

Wait a minute...

Last year if Harper/David got hurt then Jackson/Hayden could come in and be just as effective......what now?

Agreed, their depth will be worse....Just saying these two dudes both had nice INTs last year and are solid players...

I don't know why people are dissing Beathea either, that kids a solid young player. Their D is avg I'd say....We should beat them but sometimes Pats fans on here seem to jump the gun about the Colts a bit. I mean this is a team thats won 58 games the past 5 years....

i think we can still say that their run defense won't and can't get any worse than what it was last year. it's hard to look past their performance in the postseason, but they were hopeless and abysmal in the regular season. That being said, there won't be any defensive miracles in the playoffs.

i think we can still say that their run defense won't and can't get any worse than what it was last year. it's hard to look past their performance in the postseason, but they were hopeless and abysmal in the regular season. That being said, there won't be any defensive miracles in the playoffs.
Well their run defense in the playoffs wasn't a mirage - it was just reasonable game planning given that Baltimore, KC and NE weren't teams that threatened downfield with the pass.

If we'd have had Moss and Stallworth last year I think we would have run (and passed) all over them. Safeties . . . move your asses back. This year will be different. No more selling out vs. the run and daring the likes of Reche Caldwell to beat you.

Well their run defense in the playoffs wasn't a mirage - it was just reasonable game planning given that Baltimore, KC and NE weren't teams that threatened downfield with the pass.

If we'd have had Moss and Stallworth last year I think we would have run (and passed) all over them. Safeties . . . move your asses back. This year will be different. No more selling out vs. the run and daring the likes of Reche Caldwell to beat you.

alright. They were poaching on defense in the playoffs. It is still a bit mystifying (being last in the league giving up 5.3 yards per rush).

But that's besides the point. Booger will not be missed too too much, unless they begin giving up significantly more than 5.3 yards per carry. When we're in the heat of the season, we won't be saying to ourselves 'Thank god they lost their precious Booger.'

Last edited:
Now, now BF let's be nice. ;)
Watch out for the karma. We've had our run on bad luck with injuries.
I don't believe in karma . . . so I'm still giggling :)

You may not believe in karma, but do you believe in football karma?
Nope. We've had more than our share of injuries; it's your turn. Maybe we'll get a bunch again but I'm glad you're getting your share finally.

You may not believe in karma, but do you believe in football karma?

2003 Patriots had twice as many games missed by starters then the next closest SB Champ.

It happens.

Nope. We've had more than our share of injuries; it's your turn. Maybe we'll get a bunch again but I'm glad you're getting your share finally.

I'm not sure why some here feel that the Colts have dodged the injury bug.

I'm not sure why some here feel that the Colts have dodged the injury bug.

they have to have a bad season for it to be considered an injury bug. If they have a bad season, then they have an injury bug.

Because they largely have.

I think that must just be a matter of perspective. You pay more attention to your team than to mine, thus you are not as aware of the true number of the injuries that have hit the Colts.

I think that must just be a matter of perspective. You pay more attention to your team than to mine, thus you are not as aware of the true number of the injuries that have hit the Colts.
I know the important players on both sides and I know those of the Colts have been on the field more.

Regardless, we have 3 you have 1 . . . good luck this year . . . (where's the evil grin emoticon ?)

:rocker:

From PFT:

POSTED 8:32 p.m. EDT, August 5, 2007

TORN PATELLAR TENDON FOR MCFARLAND?

The Indianapolis Star reports the Colts defensive tackle Anthony "Booger" McFarland has told teammates and close friends that he suffered a serious knee injury on Friday.

McFarland is believed to have suffered a torn patellar tendon, which would most likely knock him out for the season.

The report meshes with a top we recently received that McFarland will likely miss the season.

If indystar is picking it up I'm sure theres a good possibility it is legit....

I got to break a story on PatsFans.com! First time for everything...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back