PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Manning pursuing perfection (or NOT!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Manning pursuing perfection (or NOT!)

wow you guys are funny, is this thread for real? from the manning is too prepared and brady just goes with the flow, to manning is arrogant and brady is humble
really guys? taking homerism to another level

Word. Also, talentwise, I don't think Manning has an equal. He's blessed with a rare combination of smarts, durability, accuracy and arm strength. Yet I don't think you'd ever hear of anyone saying any other QB is better prepared for a game than he is. That's what separates him from Brett Favre.

As for Brady, it's his Michigan struggles and will-power that drive him to be as good. It's also the key difference-maker in daunting playoff games.

..and brady is better than manning.

I could be overreacting based on the quote selected -- I'm too lazy to read the entire article -- but...

Peyton Manning is awesome. In large part due to a commendably tireless work ethic. Belichick would absolutely say that kind of thing, if a bit tempered, about Brady. And too many Patriots fans think Peyton's overrated for the fan-base to be taken completely seriously at all times.

But not too lazy to submit your opinion, I see.

wow you guys are funny, is this thread for real? from the manning is too prepared and brady just goes with the flow, to manning is arrogant and brady is humble

Looks like you just read the posts that supported that view. It's been a lot more open than that.

So, I guess it's time:

poster14359312.jpg

Good post.

After losing their #2 wr in week 1, having VERY LITTLE of a running game all year, AND losing their 2nd best player on defense, the Colts needed Peyton to be PERFECT for them to succeed last season. And for 18 games and 2 and a half quarters, he was.

Sadly, he didn't quite have enough to finish the job.

Peyton's biggest problem is his ego. He is under the misguided impression that he knows more than his coordinators. That's why he audibles so much. Many times to a play not even remotely resembling the initial call. It's what has gotten him in trouble time and again.

His arrogance has caused him to throw teammates under the proverbial bus on several occasions.

The biggest difference between Tom Brady and Peyton Manning is that Brady is humble while Peyton is arrogant. Brady is one of the first to accept responsibility while Peyton is one of the last (if he ever does).

Unfortunately, Peyton is wrong, because he has two offensive coordinators, at least one of whom is outstanding..

Brady actually does know more than his coordinator, if he had one. Hopefully whoever is in charge will see the value of getting rid of the ball and using different receivers again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand