PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT Lawrence Phillips Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good riddance.

Sad, but about as unexpected as Weiland's death and Charlie Sheen's HIV diagnosis.

Dude was a mess. Always got him mixed up with Cecil "the Diesel" Collins.

Hoping his family will give his brain to the folks at BU.

Hoping his family will give his brain to the folks at BU.

The craziness for him though started when he was just a teenager. That Nebraska team was totally out of control.

You never really expected it to end any other way. I sometimes wonder whether we will wake up to a story about Hernandez like this. Realising the only way you leave prison is in a box must have an affect. In the UK that is only given to the worst of the worst...seems more par of the course in the USA. That isn't a complaint, just a statement of fact.

He was a piece of ****. I'm not going to cry crocodile tears over him offing himself.

He beat up women, ran over a bunch of teenagers in his car, and killed his prison cell mate (allegedly)

It's hard to disagree with you

He beat up women, ran over a bunch of teenagers in his car, and killed his prison cell mate (allegedly)

It's hard to disagree with you

His prison cell mate sounded like a real quality human being too. Maybe he did the rest of the world and the tax payers a solid before he turned out his own light.

I bet Tom Osborne is sad. Can't believe he protected this absolute mess of a human for so long. Just win baby!

Another opportunity for fortune people to be thankful for the parents they were born to.

I bet Tom Osborne is sad. Can't believe he protected this absolute mess of a human for so long. Just win baby!
Vermeil was bad too.

He clearly had mental issues and was pushed through (rather than "slipped through") the cracks in high school, college, and eventually in the pros because he was good at carrying a football. He did some really terrible things, but the overall arc of his life could have been very different had he gotten help.

Look no further than Brandon Marshall for an example. He went from violent discontent to locker room leader and role model after being diagnosed with a mental health issue and receiving treatment.

ThinApprehensiveBillygoat.gif

He clearly had mental issues and was pushed through (rather than "slipped through") the cracks in high school, college, and eventually in the pros because he was good at carrying a football. He did some really terrible things, but the overall arc of his life could have been very different had he gotten help.

Look no further than Brandon Marshall for an example. He went from violent discontent to locker room leader and role model after being diagnosed with a mental health issue and receiving treatment.
Unfortunately, he got help throughout his life, help to get past all of the checkpoints in life that every normal person is held accountable to....

You never really expected it to end any other way. I sometimes wonder whether we will wake up to a story about Hernandez like this. Realising the only way you leave prison is in a box must have an affect. In the UK that is only given to the worst of the worst...seems more par of the course in the USA. That isn't a complaint, just a statement of fact.

I think Hernandez actually likes the Clink. Doubt he'd want to miss any of the action.

He was given help time and time again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes