Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Jets safety Kerry Rhodes: “We Will Be The Best Defense”

Hyperbole + New York Jets + ??? = Fail

Amirite?

Everything about how Ryan is posturing himself says "high school football."

Confidence is good a thing, but saying you're "the best team on paper" is pretty hilarious. That's up there with LdT's self-proclamation of his classiness.

Last edited:

JETS
points allowed:
19th(355)
passing yards allowed:
9th(197)

points allowed:
18th(356)
passing yards allowed:
29th(234)

In 2007 the Pats dropped 38 and then only 20 on them, the second game being in the rain.

In 2008 the B team managed 31 points in the second contest, led by Matty's 400 yds + 3 TDs.

but they added bart scott and jim leonhard, so now they're the best defense in the league.
looking fwd to week 2.

who was that mouthy steeler that brady torched?

Good post. I think some of these Jets players oughta remember a) how poor their pass defense was last year b) how Jenkins fell off completely as the year went on.

Ok I aint bothering to read the rest I'll just say it "Who gives a ****?!" If we were in their shoes we would be all hyped up if our team said this so lets please wait till kick off please. BTW during Kenny Chesney this year as every year if you have tickets you can shout your concerns to them as you climb the stairs when they are walking off the practice field. I did it in 07 and was not the only one

Not me personally. If Brandon Meriweather came out right now and said, "We're gonna be the best defense in the league this year," I would want him to shut his mouth. Football, more than any other sport, is hard to predict based on what players did on other teams. Bring in all the guys you want, until you see how they perform on the field together in a real game, you work hard and keep your mouth shut.

Now, in the Jets defense to those saying if they lose Jenkins they're screwed... I would argue if we lose Wilfork we're in pretty big trouble too. I'm not going to say Brace is ready to step in and be the big man in the middle until I've seen him do it.

They should improve. But I'm really hoping they won't, because this will make it funnier :D

Last edited:

The bottom line in all this nonsense is the Green Beans have nothing to lose by shooting their mouths off. They have little credibility as an organization overall, so if they're made to look like fools by going 0-2 to start the season, it'll make no difference. If they win their first game or somehow go 2-0, Green Bean fans will be dancing in the streets. The thing is, this new trash-talk tactic illustrates how desperate, stupid, and low-class that team truly is. They couldn't emulate the Patriots under Tubby Ratfink, so they've decided to go the opposite direction with Tubby Wrecks (T-Wrecks). From Patriots Lite to Raiders Lite. What a pathetic franchise.

The bottom line in all this nonsense is the Green Beans have nothing to lose by shooting their mouths off. They have little credibility as an organization overall, so if they're made to look like fools by going 0-2 to start the season, it'll make no difference. If they win their first game or somehow go 2-0, Green Bean fans will be dancing in the streets. The thing is, this new trash-talk tactic illustrates how desperate, stupid, and low-class that team truly is. They couldn't emulate the Patriots under Tubby Ratfink, so they've decided to go the opposite direction with Tubby Wrecks (T-Wrecks). From Patriots Lite to Raiders Lite. What a pathetic franchise.

Well it wouldnt be a NY Sports team without it. Well at least the Gaints have been quiet so far this season. The JEST have to be louder than anyone because they are so pathetic. BB would never have that from his team. It is hilarious.

Yeah, if Vince Wolfork doesn't play, then we may discuss. Otherwise, fugithaboutit.

the best defense..... OF BEING A DOG OOOOOOOH FACED!

scratch moded!!

Rhodes is a terrific player but he's not allowed to have his friends over to play anymore unless Mom and Dad are home to supervise.

Last year, the jets waited until they were 8-3 to schedule the Super Bowl parade. In 2009, they're doing it in June and the NY media nitwits are eating it up.
You're good.

Brady and our O-line will dominate those guys in September. It's going to be so much fun.

I plan on being bad and watching it live, even though it's Rosh Hashanah until sundown that day. It'll be a well-deserved ***** [female dog] slapping.

I can't wait til the season starts :D

Strong words considering they haven't even put on the pads yet.

ProFootballTalk.com - Rhodes: “We Will Be The Best Defense”

Rhodes: “We Will Be The Best Defense”
Posted by Aaron Wilson on June 4, 2009, 3:18 p.m. EDT
Linebacker Bart Scott, the New York Jets’ $48 million man, recently described the AFC East football team’s growing confidence as “swaggerlicious.”

Apparently that brash attitude is contagious.

Jets safety Kerry Rhodes recently made a bold prediction on his Twitter account, according to Rich Cimini of the New York Daily News.

In Rhodes’ opinion, “We will be the best defense in the league this year. I feel for the offenses we’re gonna face.”

And outside linebacker Calvin Pace echoed that statement, saying, “I don’t think you’ll find a better team on paper.”

Jets coach Rex Ryan has never been shy about talking big, and that approach is apparently rubbing off on his players.

So, the Jets are officially no longer boring. Time will tell if they can back up their words.

“I’m excited about that comment,” Ryan said of Rhodes’ Tweet. ”You know what? I love the fact that he put ‘we will,’ not, ‘I’ll be the best safety.’

this is just more trash talk from a team that has done all of its talking off the field for 40 years.

Yawn. Time for my mid morning cup of joe.

this is just more trash talk from a team that has done all of its talking off the field for 40 years.

Yawn. Time for my mid morning cup of joe.

Agreed. You and every other fan of the NFL feel the same. Even some gang green fans.

Hyperbole + New York Jets + ??? = Fail

Amirite?

You certainly would appear to be right.:D I, like a few have mentioned, am not even bothered by all this talk. Whatever. We'll see how good both teams are in September when everyone is playing for keeps.

Not me personally. If Brandon Meriweather came out right now and said, "We're gonna be the best defense in the league this year," I would want him to shut his mouth.
Yeah, I agree. That's why some of us weren't thrilled when Randy Moss went all Kerry on us, saying he was the greatest WR of all time.

Let the play speak for itself. Gale Sayers, Jerry Rice, John Hannah, Sweetness (Walter Payton), etc. all followed that rule, it seems to me.

Agreed. You and every other fan of the NFL feel the same. Even some gang green fans.

There are some fans of other teams that actually love it and hope the Jets take us down. I'm having this conversation on another board right now. It's hilarious, they aren't used to the Jets offseasons like we are.

Ah yes the irrational rants of the Jets players and fans, last year it was Lord Farve and now sexy rexie.....as T Brady said (about himself) talk is cheap...

If you are really good you don't have to tell anyone they already know.

The Jets Defense will feature the following:

Starting CB: Lito Sheppard and Darelle Revis. It should be noted that Sheppard was a bench player last year. They do have Dwight Lowery, who did make a statement last year, but we'll have to see if that was a fluke.

Starting Safeties: Rhodes and Eric Smith. It should be noted that Abram Elam outplayed Smith much of last year. The Wildcard is Jim Leonhard

Starting LBs: Calvin Pace, David Harris, Bryan Thomas, Bart Scott.

Starting D-Line: Kris Jenkins, Shaun Ellis, ????

On paper, that looks very impressive. However, it remains to be seen what Lito Sheppard and Shaun Ellis have left in their tank. It also remains to be seen how the players get accustom to Rex Ryan.

Where the Jets are hurting is their depth. If Jenkins goes down, they are toast. Their depth at ILB is as shallow as the Patriots...

Leonhard was a good addition for the Jets. And with Lowery and Strickland behind Sheppard and Revis, the Jets have good depth at CB.

Marques Douglas is the other end. But you are right, there is not a lot of depth anywhere on the defense. Gholston and Lowery are probably the top two backups.

Last edited:

Nice, so it looks like the Jets are back-to-back Offseason Champs. congrats guys!

In fact, I think it's safe to say they're the Offseason Team of the Decade!

In fact, I think it's safe to say they're the Offseason Team of the Decade!

That would be the Redskins

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe