PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jets safety Kerry Rhodes: “We will be the best defense”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Jets safety Kerry Rhodes: “We Will Be The Best Defense”

I'd take Buffalo over anyone during off-seasons.

I like it, rivalries need to make a comeback.

If the Jets are focusing so much on New England, then they won't be focusing on their season. Whereas, the teams that focus entirely on their own season. That is, worry about yourself and not what the other person's doing or not doing. They should come out ahead. The Patriots are in an ideal position. They've everyone in the division thinking about them. While the Patriots' worst enemy are themselves. Just go out and take care of business. Take it one game at a time. And New England could've another winning season.

LB David Harris (lip and teeth) didn't practice following a collision last week with PR Jim Leonhard while Harris was on the sidelines and not wearing his helmet. Ryan said Harris received stitches in his lip and suffered a few loose teeth.

"We're keeping him away from contact for the next couple of weeks," said Ryan. "No sense doing it. We know what David can do."

Asked how many stitches Harris received, Ryan cracked, "I don't know. We're hiding that from New England."

The line drew a laugh from veteran beat reporters who covered former coach Eric Mangini, who was obsessed with keeping injuries a secret.

New York Jets' Leon Washington excused from organized team activity to be with fiancee as she gave birth - NJ.com

"In Rhodes’ opinion, “We will be the best defense in the league this year. I feel for the offenses we’re gonna face.”

Oh, he's gonna feel it alright. He'll have a heartattack when he looks up at the scoreboard. I can see it now.
Tom B. "hey coach"
BB. "Yes Tom"
Tom B, " Think we can run the score up a bit?"
BB. Yes Tom, but keep it within 75-80.
Tom B. Thanks Coach, but what about the 2nd half?:D

"In Rhodes’ opinion, “We will be the best defense in the league this year. I feel for the offenses we’re gonna face.”

Oh, he's gonna feel it alright. He'll have a heartattack when he looks up at the scoreboard. I can see it now.
Tom B. "hey coach"
BB. "Yes Tom"

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:

Tom B. "hey coach"
BB. "Yes Tom"

Great one! :D:cool:

BUMP: Maybe Kerry Rhodes has a job as a psychic after his football career is over....

Yeah, I'd say that the vast majority of us were pretty much wrong on this one. That defense is pretty damn good and has managed to stay pretty damn good even after losing Kris Jenkins. Heh. I guess I look smarter for never having posted in this thread in the first place. :D

Yeah, I'd say that the vast majority of us were pretty much wrong on this one. That defense is pretty damn good and has managed to stay pretty damn good even after losing Kris Jenkins. Heh. I guess I look smarter for never having posted in this thread in the first place. :D

Ditto. I somehow managed to keep my big mouth shut on this one, too.

Rhodes was right. The Jets D was the best in the NFL this year. What's most impressive is that they didn't drop off after losing Kris Jenkins. I would not have considered that possible going into the season. Gotta give credit where credit is due.

Ditto. I somehow managed to keep my big mouth shut on this one, too.

Rhodes was right. The Jets D was the best in the NFL this year. What's most impressive is that they didn't drop off after losing Kris Jenkins. I would not have considered that possible going into the season. Gotta give credit where credit is due.

Rex Ryan may be a fat loudmouth obnoxious as$hole but there is one thing he is also...One helluva motivator,a decent head coach and a defensive guru......He could be even better as the years go on...I sure hope not but it looks bad right now.

Last edited:

Rex Ryan may be a fat loudmouth obnoxious as$hole but there is one thing he is also...One helluva motivator,a decent head coach and a defensive guru......He could be even better as the years go on...I sure hope not but it looks bad right now.

How does it look bad? The Patriots have a few holes to fill, but they're certainly capable of filling them this offseason. Brady will have a year back from injury under his belt and will (hopefully) have a reliable third option going into next season. On top of that, the Jets should enjoy the ride now because God know's they're going to be looking at cap Hell in a couple of years.

Jets shouldn't be comfortable and feel they have "nothing to lose".

Assuming you're going to be a team that's going to be this close to the Super Bowl every year is foolish. After a young Dan Marino lost Super Bowl XIX people always just said "Ah, it's alright he'll eventually get his..."

Just like it doesn't take long to get great in the NFL, it doesn't take long to get bad.

Kerry Rhodes was right. The Jets are the best defense this season. He should know watching from that arm chair of his own on the field.

The amount of press this guy has gotten and continues to get for being a very very very very very mediocre player baffles me.

Last edited:

he as always been somewat overrated to me

he used to be a good safety on a bad D where he would make all the tackles, now im not sure if he even starts
but i will give him credit he was right

I have a hard time believing that Sanchez will be calm with mathis and Freeney coming after him. The Colts have a good defense that seems to rise to the occasion ... we'll see Kerry - we'll see. Also ... Kerry is a girls name.

I have a hard time believing that Sanchez will be calm with mathis and Freeney coming after him. The Colts have a good defense that seems to rise to the occasion ... we'll see Kerry - we'll see. Also ... Kerry is a girls name.

he wont have to worry about it that much if he only drops back 15 times

he wont have to worry about it that much if he only drops back 15 times

Well then he'll be on his back for 1/2 of those.

Sanchez will be eating sloppy joes on the sideline this weekend.

I wish carrie on to the Patriots next year. That is why he is playing right now and she has no interest in the "team"

I wish carrie on to the Patriots next year. That is why he is playing right now and she has no interest in the "team"
I've read this at least 8 times now and it still doesn't make sense. I think it's something about Sex In The City and playing with yourself?

I've read this at least 8 times now and it still doesn't make sense. I think it's something about Sex In The City and playing with yourself?

Sorry did not read the whole thread, watch the 1st 10 games of the season. I think she even took a dive against you guys rather than make a takle.
That said I hope he plays like a beast this week

And where the heck are the reswults of "predict the score" ? Know I did'nt win the year but maybe the week?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results