PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jets @ Chargers game discussion (Monday Night Football)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i somehow dont trust the chargers. they arent mature enough to handle prosperity ..we saw that in the last 2 weeks. so until the clock ticks to 0 this game , anything can happen

my theory about the jets and favre -
they worked all training camp with pennington on their offensive system.
their owner wanted favre to sell tickets and they got him
they changed their entire offense for favre - even bb said this on his radio show that they were a no huddle team in the past few yrs and changed it quite a bit for favre.
now they are stuck with a QB learning the offense and the entire offense trying to rework whatever they did in the training camp. i doubt mangini wanted favre. he was shoved to him by the owner i think

And that is why Bill advised him to wait a year for a better franchise to make his HC debut with lest it also be his swan song. This is what the JETS do, and Woody is just the latest in a series of owners who make decisions based on spinning themselves into significance on the all important back page of the NY Post. That's why he signed mangenius to begin with.

iam wondering how we will fare against the chargers with our offense in 2 weeks..:confused:

What a beatdown. Hopefully this keeps up all season and Mangini loses his job.

Let this be a lesson to all rats out there. DON'T SNITCH!

Last edited:
I hate the Rats.

Favre is the suck :D

Darn no int for Hart. That would have been INT no. 3 for Broadway Bret:singing:

iam wondering how we will fare against the chargers with our offense in 2 weeks..:confused:

Not too well probably, but then again we didn't give up draft picks to go out and sign a 39 year old quarterback to lead our team. And oh by the way have you heard our MVP quarterback is out for the year?

If our defense is disciplined and can capitalize on stupid mistakes and our coverage and return teams play well and our plahymakers step up - that's how we won in 2006 with the no name receiving corps. Now, minus Tom and with crappy OL play it's gonna be an uphill battle but it is what it is.

Gotta get up on them early and bend but don't break because thier MO is similar to the Colts.

iam imagining sproles against our lb and secondary...should be interesting to see..

Gholston just made his first NFL tackle. Hurray.

Gholston now is averaging 1/3 tackles per game. :p

Last edited:
Fill in the blank:

Vernon Gholston 6th overall pick 1 tackle
Jerod Mayo 10th pick ____ tackles

Unless we dont get pressure, we wont fare well.Need to get in Rivers face and stop LT off course.It will be on the defense because i am sure that they wont put up more then 21 points on offense unless we create turnovers.

If our defense is disciplined and can capitalize on stupid mistakes and our coverage and return teams play well and our plahymakers step up - that's how we won in 2006 with the no name receiving corps. Now, minus Tom and with crappy OL play it's gonna be an uphill battle but it is what it is.

Gotta get up on them early and bend but don't break because thier MO is similar to the Colts.

this phrase and type of defense has always kept us fans on the edge every game :)

Not to gloat but I will ... :p

I picked the Bills to finish ahead of the Jets this year ... lookin good. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes