PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jaguars fire Urban Meyers

If we don't get a 30 for 30 on the Meyer era Gators ESPN should just shut their doors forever.
This has been talked about, flirted with forever and needs to finally happen. I need to do a little research but some of those Florida teams are just a cut above with crazy.

Tony Joiner
Brandon Spikes
J Cunningham
Rainey was a bit of a mental case.

@Kontradiction was Louis Murphy on that team?

Some of the coaches too lol
Meyer, Strong and Mullen

According to a source, Urban Meyer toggled off airplane mode after the team’s flight attendant left and attempted to stream Friday Night Lights over cellular; ownership is “deeply concerned” over the unsettling allegation; the insider claims Meyer attempted to angle his phone in different directions to improve “ridiculously pixelated” images and even did a hard reset of his phone hoping for “at least two bars” before settling for offline Solitaire.

Last edited:
I'll take things that probably didn't happen for $2,000.

I'll happily take that bet and walk away with a cool $2K. Meyer is a piece of sh*t and what reason does Lambo have to fabricate a story like this? Rating the force of the kick on a scale from 1-10, acknowledging while it wasn't a vicious blow it was more than a friendly bump, the verbal response after it happened, and then the interaction at practice ... just seems really unlikely one would make-up a completely false story with such specific details.

Heck, Meyer didn't even deny it. On two occasions he acknowledges kicking Lambo:

"I’m the head ball coach, I’ll kick you whenever the f*ck I want"

"When you responded to me out there on the practice field out in front of everyone. If you have an issue and don't like me kicking you, well then you keep that to yourself and you wait until after practice and after meetings and you come find me in the office and tell me privately"

If this turns out to be a complete myth, I'll eat crow, but as far as credibility and decency, Meyer is one of the last people I'd give the benefit of the doubt to.

Last edited:
Too bad he didn't make it the rest of the season, was looking forward to watching Bill coach 4 dimensional circles around him.

It's breaking now

After dealing with multiple controversies, the Jacksonville Jaguars have finally had enough of Urban Meyer. According to ESPN.com, Meyer has been fired by the team in a move that was announced after midnight on Thursday morning.

The firing ends a tumultuous run for Meyer, who was mired in several controversies during his short time in Jacksonville. The move by the team comes on the same day that former Jags kicker Josh Lambo made an accusation that Meyer once kicked him during a team practice...

Urban Meyer fired by Jaguars in midnight move after less than one season on job

I guess kicking the FG kicker was the last straw?

This is what happens when you cross up a horrible movie like Urban Cowboy with a gross product like an Oscar Meyer weiner. You name your kid that, you can damn well expect this.

Last edited:
Khan has a good case here to not pay the creep.

Meyer was quite obviously intent upon getting out.
Hope Khan sics an army of lawyers on him.

I would become a Jag fan, in that respect.

Khan has a good case here to not pay the creep.

Meyer was quite obviously intent upon getting out.
Hope Khan sics an army of lawyers on him.

I would become a Jag fan, in that respect.
If that kicking incident can be proven, Meyer can absolutely be fired for cause.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back