PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jaguars fire Urban Meyers

icydk Vrabel almost killed Meyer while working under him at OSU.

It's not just here. Every time you see Meyers he looks defeated and like he just doesn't care.

From management to the players. Jacksonville looks completely dysfunctional in every way. What a mess.

Here's the story (allegedly anyhow):

And Vrabel with another coach:

icydk Vrabel almost killed Meyer while working under him at OSU.

It's not just here. Every time you see Meyers he looks defeated and like he just doesn't care.

From management to the players. Jacksonville looks completely dysfunctional in every way. What a mess.

Looked happy here:

urban-meyer-woman-dancing-woman-mother.jpg copy.jpg

Urban belongs in college with a dimwit redneck support system like he had at UF. That team was absolutely out of control but the good ole boy network down in Gainesville didn't care because he won. I think 30 some odd players were arrested during his time at Florida ranging from anything to theft, to sexual assault, to burglary and battery. That doesn't even account for Hernandez shooting someone and getting away with it or Percy Harvin coaching out a position coach (who quit because Urban did nothing about it). Meyer thought he could show up to Jacksonville and succeed there because he's won everywhere else but he seems to have failed to realize he's now working with grown men. Men with lots of money and families that can't be threatened with the loss of a scholarship. For every one Jimmy Johnson or Pete Carroll there are a dozen Bobby Petrino's, Chip Kelly's, or Steve Spurrier's.

Urban belongs in college with a dimwit redneck support system like he had at UF. That team was absolutely out of control but the good ole boy network down in Gainesville didn't care because he won. I think 30 some odd players were arrested during his time at Florida ranging from anything to theft, to sexual assault, to burglary and battery. That doesn't even account for Hernandez shooting someone and getting away with it or Percy Harvin coaching out a position coach (who quit because Urban did nothing about it). Meyer thought he could show up to Jacksonville and succeed there because he's won everywhere else but he seems to have failed to realize he's now working with grown men. Men with lots of money and families that can't be threatened with the loss of a scholarship. For every one Jimmy Johnson or Pete Carroll there are a dozen Bobby Petrino's, Chip Kelly's, or Steve Spurrier's.
I think there was a brawl every time one of them was out at the bars. Especially Hernandez.

Two national championships, though.

Vrabel did survive the death-stare Belichick gave him when Vrabel pulled Belichick's own trick on repeated delay-of-game penalties. So that suggests he has special powers at least. :)

(And Bill must have been even more pisssed when he realized that he gave away his trick late in a meaningless Jets game that was well in hand already).

Here's the story (allegedly anyhow):

And Vrabel with another coach:

Supposedly there were separate incidents that never got as far or as heated as that exchange. Who knows.

I know I heard Kirby Smart thought he was Saban when he first got to UG. Supposedly a few assistants flat out called him on it. Who knows. It's amazing some of the **** you hear about people with so much power. A lot of these coaches have more pull than politicians.

I think there was a brawl every time one of them was out at the bars. Especially Hernandez.

Two national championships, though.
Yeah, that’s because he knows football and can recruit.

Jags have traditionally been pretty patient on coaches and GMs, Gus Bradley got nearly four full seasons and had a record of 14-48 (!!!), Dave Caldwell the GM was there from 2013-2020 with a 39–87 record.

I'd imagine Khan will want to save face and not fire Urban one year into it, considering how much he said he wanted him there.
But, I see a lot of position coaches have already left/want to leave, Lawrence looks like Ryan Leaf at the moment, on top of all the usual Urban hoopla...he surely has to bite the bullet and find an actual NFC coach to run the ship

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
Jags have traditionally been pretty patient on coaches and GMs, Gus Bradley got nearly four full seasons and had a record of 14-48 (!!!), Dave Caldwell the GM was there from 2013-2020 with a 39–87 record.

I'd imagine Khan will want to save face and not fire Urban one year into it, considering how much he said he wanted him there.
But, I see a lot of position coaches have already left/want to leave, Lawrence looks like Ryan Leaf at the moment, on top of all the usual Urban hoopla...he surely has to bite the bullet and find an actual NFC coach to run the ship
Was listening to Albert Breer on Dan Patrick and both agreed that Ryan Day would have been a better hire for the Jaguars than Uraban due to his ability to educate Lawrence.

Urban must be trying to get fired, rignt?

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back