PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jaguars fire Urban Meyers

Regarding the developing of a rookie QB would they look at Josh as a possible replacement and if so would Josh take the gig?

Regarding the developing of a rookie QB would they look at Josh as a possible replacement and if so would Josh take the gig?
Saw at least one media outlet talking about that last night before the firing was announced.

Not at all surprising this Meyer was a butt clown from the get go, misstep after misstep, even for Jax this was not tolerable.

Josh McD next up??

khan.jpg

Khan fired him during the owners meetings, just after the approved this:

Owners approve interviews of head coaching candidates during last two weeks of season - ProFootballTalk (nbcsports.com)

The rule says only teams that no longer employ thier HC from the beginning of the season can interview. So now both the Raidahs and the Jags can take advantage of this rule. I'm sure a few other coaches might be sweating out the next two weeks too.

The Jags job might be too good for McDaniels to pass up, a franchise QB, and following a HC that all he has to do is not be a jerk and he is ahead of the game.

View attachment 38920

Khan fired him during the owners meetings, just after the approved this:

Owners approve interviews of head coaching candidates during last two weeks of season - ProFootballTalk (nbcsports.com)

The rule says only teams that no longer employ thier HC from the beginning of the season can interview. So now both the Raidahs and the Jags can take advantage of this rule. I'm sure a few other coaches might be sweating out the next two weeks too.

The Jags job might be too good for McDaniels to pass up, a franchise QB, and following a HC that all he has to do is not be a jerk and he is ahead of the game.

McDaniels would have a great young QB. Not much else. That organization will continue to leak and squeal unless a major overhaul happens. It might be OK for a year or so, but then it will go back to dysfunctional as all bad organizations do without a purge. I doubt McDaniels goes there, he already went through the coaching dumpster fire thingy.

Let's just hope he didn't do too much permanent damage to Trevor Lawrence.

It was incredibly obvious that Meyers was TRYING to be fired.

He was making incredibly dumb coaching and personal decisions, so dumb, that I refuse to believe it wasn't done intentionally.

Holding your best offensive player James Robinson) to 12 touches over 2 weeks while giving Carlos Hyde (surprise surprise OSU alumni .. also washed up) more burn. To further add fuel to that..James Robinson was stripped by Aaron Donald (Robinson had no chance) and benched ...in that same game Carlos Hyde fumbled and was getting stuffed but Meyers kept him in.

Then there's the Seahawks extra point mess... And much more. It was so clear he was way over his head and that he realized early on he had no idea how to run this thing.

The whole program needs a complete overhaul...which makes me think they go for a veteran in the league for an immediate replacement..someone with experience in stabilizing a hostile environment. Very early guess is Jim Caldwell for a short stint.

I Think the idea of McD with Lawrence is intriguing along with some nice talent (Laviska, Robinson, Etienne , DJ Chark..) but there's alot more there left to clean up and probably alot of ' unlearning' for the young guys. Guy like Lawrence prob still has no idea what it takes to be successful in the NFL or what it's REALLY like in the NFL thanks to selfish bozo Meyers.

Calling his assistant coaches losers ought to get him another NFL job soon.

Good. Get rid of him because he's garbage, but don't do it the week before they play the Pats so they're on some kind of "win one for the beleaguered interim coach" high going into it. Win win.

My worst fears were realized early this morning when I woke up to Urban being referred to in the past tense.

Bye thread, we hardly knew ye.

It's hilarious that Meyer still feels compelled to lie and categorically deny anything he's accused of. He may truly be the Least Honorable Man In America.

I honestly thought Khan would wait.
There’s a bit of hope in Jacksonville once more

Lawrence may actually have a shot of developing now.

Got to believe he has moments he wishes he was in NE.
Along with many others. Bizarre twist, being punished for their great success.

If I were a kid in that situation, facing the draft?
Be very tempting to just nuke the whole idea.
The Jets? Yeah. That'll be a No.
F the Jets. Not going there.
I'd be a greeter at Walmart before I go there

Every press conference, have a joke
Kid at the spelling bee, How do you spell pathetic?
"Pathetic... J -E -T -S ...pathetic"

What is worse than Playing for Deetroyt?
Living there

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back