PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT-ish: The gambling thread

I keep forgetting this but I'm in a "loser pool" for some decent $. Hopefully 35K by Saturday. Straight forward, Pick a loser each week. Can't use the same team twice. I have 15 spots.

Any strategies or theories will be appreciated. Or just give me a loser each week.

I made it to week 10 last year and lost my last pick Tenn/KC. F'd up ending to that game I believe.

how much is the entry?

I like the way teasing the ravens from 7.5 to 1.5 and packers from 2.5 to 8.5 looks right now

Locked this in last night X2, can only hit it so much once. I'm thinking about hitting M Brown as well for the same # of yards I believe. Both of these guys are the 1A/B options. Andrews played limited snaps last year and went passed this mark by 50 yards. Supposedly he looks great, in great shape running away from anyone trying to defend him. I really think Andrews has a huge year. He's the clear cut #1 TE in an offense that almost caters to them. Should see more volume. I wouldn't be surprised to see him around 80/1020/7 with the rest of the big boys playing that position.

M Brown is healthy and I wouldn't be surprised if he's a dark horse to explode if he can stay healthy. Remember he played with a screw in his foot last year. Like Andrews has looked good and will see a ton of targets. Its all about health with him. If he's healthy I can't see him not bringing in 50-60 yards a game in year two.
TRAIGHT BET
[28325] TOTAL O805½-115
(M ANDREWS - SEASON RCV YDS VRS M ANDREWS - SEASON RCV YDS) (MARK ANDREWS - TOTAL RECEIVING YARDS - 2020 NFL REGULAR SEASON - LISTED PLAYER MUST PLAY IN WEEK 1 FOR ACTION. TEAM MUST PLAY 16 REGULAR SEASON GAMES.)
288 / 250
M Brown over 805 for 110/100
Joe Brady Over 21.5 passing TD. 130/100
GB Over 9 +110/100
Giants Over 6.5 +135/100

Last edited:
I keep forgetting this but I'm in a "loser pool" for some decent $. Hopefully 35K by Saturday. Straight forward, Pick a loser each week. Can't use the same team twice. I have 15 spots.

Any strategies or theories will be appreciated. Or just give me a loser each week.

I made it to week 10 last year and lost my last pick Tenn/KC. F'd up ending to that game I believe.
One word of advice.....Jets.

Mods don't touch my thread I'll write an op-ed about you to the NY Times if you do.

I bought a piece of paper tonight. Anyone else engaged in sin?

View attachment 21174

I don't bet the rest of the league until week 8-10 depending on how good of a grasp I feel I have on the way things are shaking out>

Yes, I bought 1/2 point. @ me idgaf.

You and I are exactly the same when it comes to betting... only with a tiny, itty bitty difference on betting amounts... you'd have to move the decimal left 2 places to be on my level, son!

6 / 16 loser picks on Houston tonight. Thinking of putting on one-two more. I can get a few more entries by Sun if I lose. Cooks banged up?

If bet leading with chiefs/texans over and then UAB/MIAMI over.

parlayed both.

The Miami Marlins were a 10-and-a-half run underdog yesterday and I teased them up to 19-and-a-half and I still lost....

:p:p

I am all in with Buffalo -6½ --- minus six still in some places --- versus the Jets. The Bills have become a very good team with an excellent defense. Meanwhile in New Jersey there is virtually zero top tier talent and a head coach who is in over his head.

I can't help but feel this is going to be a blowout. Even at minus seven I would still take the Bills.

I like Pittsburgh minus 6½ at the Giants too; I don't see what NYG has to offer this year. Indy at Jax minus-7 is awesome, though many sites have driven that up to eight (or more) at this point. All Philip Rivers has to do is hand the ball off to Mack and Taylor, and Indy will win by double digits.

Detroit minus 2½ is another that I am in on. Lions have progressed and have Stafford back, while the Bears have regressed.

Last one I am thinking about is Philly minus 4 (still -3½ some venues) against Washington. The team formerly known as the Skins has nothing as far as I can see.

Plays today involve...

ULL spread
Ark ST spread
ND/duke over
UTSA moneyline despite QB being out
Gerogia tech spread
Louisville spread

Not going to lie, the miami money line looks tempting. They always play us tough. The big question is whether FitzMagic or FitzTragic shows up. Gilmore on a gimpy leg. Gutted defense. That scrub is playing at RT, so expect OL problems galore for our offense. The complete reworking of the LB corps and a seemingly talent devoid DL makes me think Miami will move at will on the ground. I hope I'm wrong, we'll know soon enough.

I hate Miami...DIE FITZTRAGIC!!!! DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!...(ooops...having a senior moment, forgive me)

You and I are exactly the same when it comes to betting... only with a tiny, itty bitty difference on betting amounts... you'd have to move the decimal left 2 places to be on my level, son!

At first I was like 'uh ok, good for you for bragging about how much you bet on the internet'

Then I realized I am just really stupid.

Not going to lie, the miami money line looks tempting. They always play us tough. The big question is whether FitzMagic or FitzTragic shows up. Gilmore on a gimpy leg. Gutted defense. That scrub is playing at RT, so expect OL problems galore for our offense. The complete reworking of the LB corps and a seemingly talent devoid DL makes me think Miami will move at will on the ground. I hope I'm wrong, we'll know soon enough.

There are only 2 scenarios where you can have Fitzmagic:

-He's the backup and the starter got injured.
-His team's season is over but the opponents have a playoff spot or seeding on the line.

Plays today involve...

ULL spread
Ark ST spread
ND/duke over
UTSA moneyline despite QB being out
Gerogia tech spread
Louisville spread

ull and ark state win on field as double digit dogs.

nd duke goes under.

utsa wins on field as 6.5 pointdog.

Im playing coastal Carolina Moneyline at 10

ull and ark state win on field as double digit dogs.

nd duke goes under.

utsa wins on field as 6.5 pointdog.

Im playing coastal Carolina Moneyline at 10

well-played-zs3xw4.jpg

TICKET #:111442957
SEP 13 01:00 PM
INTERNET / -1SEP 12 04:38 AM NFL
STRAIGHT BET
[466] DETROIT -2½-110
280 / 250

TICKET #:111442958
SEP 13 04:25 PM
INTERNET / -1SEP 12 04:38 AM NFL
STRAIGHT BET
[473] ARIZONA CARDINALS +7-120
300 / 250

TICKET #:111513939
INTERNET / -1 SEP 13 01:46 AM NFL
STRAIGHT BET
[475] TOTAL O47½-110
(TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS VRS NEW ORLEANS SAINTS)
280 / 250

TICKET #:111442954
SEP 13 04:05 PM
INTERNET / -1 SEP 12 04:36 AM NFL
NFL
NFL
NFL