PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT-ish: The gambling thread

I feel much the same about today's games as I did about the Rams game. I can easily justify scenarios that see both sides of the number covering in today's game. The Pats are so weak against the run in their light package their game plan should include forcing the Chargers out of it by making them play from behind. If that works then the Pats would seem good against that number, if it doesn't...

In NOLA Payton is never averse to running up the score and challenging an opponent to keep up. Against Philly that could easily lead to a feast or famine situation.

The result of those thought processes leads me to a couple of games that just don't fit my criteria for games I am willing to go hard at. I am currently pondering a light play on the Pats for the benefit of adding some edge to the rooting but tbh if it weren't for the benefit of sitting on found money I wouldn't even think about it.
All logic based on the whole season would lead me to the believe the saints would blow them out but how the eagles have looked the last few weeks leads me to believe they will cover. That and I’m interested to see how the 3 weeks off will effect the saints best players
Did you do a buy to get that -3? I had to take them at 3 1/2 and that was waiting for the llate money to help out

Yes. Too many games end with 3 point margins for me to take a 3.5. I would’ve done 130 to win 100 but I only had 110 available

Logic says the colts should’ve been able to run the ball on them
I guess I just had a hard time believing in the soft ass Colts, especially in that type of raucous environment with a pumped up crowd and fired up defense.

At this rate the Pats may cover the over by themselves. And they might have to considering the Chargers meager contribution

I’m not betting the spread. I just have too much contradicting opinions on this. Half of me says saints half of me says philly. If philly covers I think it’s a high scoring high yardage game. Philly gives up the second most passing yards in the nfl including 363 in the game in the dome earlier this year. Brees in 7 games went over 300 yards 5 times. I think philly will have a very hard time containing brees. Gimme over 293.5 on drew brees passing yards. I think it’s the surest/safest thing in this game

I’m not betting the spread. I just have too much contradicting opinions on this. Half of me says saints half of me says philly. If philly covers I think it’s a high scoring high yardage game. Philly gives up the second most passing yards in the nfl including 363 in the game in the dome earlier this year. Brees in 7 games went over 300 yards 5 times. I think philly will have a very hard time containing brees. Gimme over 293.5 on drew brees passing yards. I think it’s the surest/safest thing in this game

Couldn’t get it in as my other bet didn’t clear in time. Which means I wouldn’t have been able to get philly in either: not happy. Going to have to make a live bet

Took philly live ML plus 115, to win 75. Lets go eagles

Opening 3 point dog on the road in a AFCCG is something to pay attention to.

Opening 3 point dog on the road in a AFCCG is something to pay attention to.

The O/U is at 57 but best of all the moneyline opened at +137. When the hell was the last time the Pats were on the plus side of the money line? I've got a small amount of digesting to do just deciding which way to take advantage of this one. That moneyline is damn attractive.

The O/U is at 57 but best of all the moneyline opened at +137. When the hell was the last time the Pats were on the plus side of the money line? I've got a small amount of digesting to do just deciding which way to take advantage of this one. That moneyline is damn attractive.

Week 2 2015 apparently

BET TICKET: #44751877
PLACED: 2018-09-18 21:58:13
AFC CONFERENCE - TO WIN
TNT
2019-01-20
15:05:01

[10109] KANSAS CITY CHIEFS +550

BET TICKET: #44751809
PLACED: 2018-09-18 21:56:22
AFC CONFERENCE - TO WIN
TNT
2019-01-20

[10112] NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS +270

Usually I am taking the ****y way out of it in the AFCCG and put up 200 or so on the Pats losing. With the obvious logic being that getting to the SB is the sweetest way to lose a couple hundred bucks. But this time I am not sure there is a lot of value in it.

So yeah not sure either what I will do..

Without looking I’m trying to think who that week 2 15 game might’ve been against. Really can’t figure it out who the hell we would’ve been dogs to after winning the SB the year before.

BET TICKET: #44751877
PLACED: 2018-09-18 21:58:13
AFC CONFERENCE - TO WIN
TNT
2019-01-20

[10109] KANSAS CITY CHIEFS +550

BET TICKET: #44751809
PLACED: 2018-09-18 21:56:22
AFC CONFERENCE - TO WIN
TNT
2019-01-20

[10112] NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS +270

Literally a winner.

Without looking I’m trying to think who that week 2 15 game might’ve been against. Really can’t figure it out who the hell we would’ve been dogs to after winning the SB the year before.

I don't understand, the tweet says it was against Buffalo

I don't understand, the tweet says it was against Buffalo

Lol I looked it up. That is so laughable. I didn’t start betting until 2 years ago but I’ve always followed spreads. Makes no sense

Lol I looked it up. That is so laughable. I didn’t start betting until 2 years ago but I’ve always followed spreads. Makes no sense

Might have been the combination of the Bills looking strong against the Colts in W1 combined with the Rex Ryan narrative.

Perhaps it was the expectation that Brady's framegate suspension was going to kick in combined with Rexy taking over and the attendant insane confidence in the Billdos?

Couldn’t get it in as my other bet didn’t clear in time. Which means I wouldn’t have been able to get philly in either: not happy. Going to have to make a live bet

I am disgusted. He went for 300

If any of you bet CBB, give Pitt a hard look tonight against FSU

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes