PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Glenn Ordway Retires From Afternoons At WEEI/Boston

OK, so what were Ordway's questionable off-air activities?
Glenn, far from helping Johnny Most at the end, was mostly helping him out the door so he could run the show. And you won't see former Celtic's player and broadcaster Rick Wietzman at any of Glenn's retirement celebrations since he was also back stabbed by Glenn. And those are just 2 that I have direct knowledge about. There were others. So THERE you got me to spill

Eddie Andelman agrees.

Jambalaya!

Talk about a guy who didn’t know his ass from a hole in the ground, as my dad used to say, when it came to sports. I really miss that great Kowloon talk. The “What is the best hotdog topping?” episode was fantastic sports radio as well.

Ordway's greatest contribution to the world of sports was the Weiner-Whiner Line. My favorites were "Ordway, You Faaaat Baaassstaaarrrd!" and the call-ins from "Butch from the Cape" long after he died or escaped from the FBI Witness Protection Program.

I want to know what qualified Glenn Ordway to do color commentary for the Celtics way back when...Ordway is like 5'2', bet he never played basketball past elementary school....
People seem to like Mike Reiss and he never played football at a pro level and is also 5'2". One doesn't need to have played a sport at a high level to report or comment on it.

People seem to like Mike Reiss and he never played football at a pro level and is also 5'2". One doesn't need to have played a sport at a high level to report or comment on it.
yeah but it helps one's credibility...pretty soon every bubbleheaded beach blond bimbo from Biscayne Bay will be doing breathless "reports" on jet sweeps and avocado tofutti machiatos as our once proud, fearsome game is reduced to the lowest "goo gee gaa gaa" denominator.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back