PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT(ish): Dale Arnold is retiring from talk radio

Deus Irae

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Dale Arnold, a staple on WEEI since it switched to a sports format 30 years ago, announced Thursday that he is retiring from the station. His final show will be Friday.

“I’m going to retire from the radio business,” said Arnold, who turns 65 later this month. “I am not going to be coming back after tomorrow’s show.”

He will continue in his studio host’s role on NESN’s Bruins broadcasts.

He said he declined an offer to do some part-time hosting work on the station, but said he will return occasionally to call Red Sox games this summer.

Longtime presence Dale Arnold announces retirement from WEEI

Good guy... God bless him.

WEEI is expected to name Andy Gresh as the midday co-host along with holdover Rich Keefe on Friday.

tenor.gif

Nice guy...didn't like the sound of his voice...annoying actually

Former Patriots radio play by play guy, so not really that OT.

Andy Gresh was tolerable and possibly even decent when he was paired with Zolak. He is awful without him.

Dale was a little bland for my taste but he did at least talk sports and didn't do the grab arse stuff a lot of other talk show hosts do. When he was paired with Holley, he was at his best. He let Eddie Andelman control the show too much though when he was paired with him. Haven't really listened to him much in recent years.

Andy Gresh was tolerable and possibly even decent when he was paired with Zolak. He is awful without him.
I agree, during football season I could tolerate Gresh and Zo. Most of these guys are horrible. Dale is a gentleman. I will miss listening to him.

That's a rather abrupt announcement. Hope it was his idea, unlike last time he got put on the bench at EEI.

I haven’t listened to WEEI in forever. Usually listen to Zo and Beetle and Felger and Mazz.

That's a rather abrupt announcement. Hope it was his idea, unlike last time he got put on the bench at EEI.
I was wondering about that also.

Dale really doesn’t know very much about any sport other than hockey but he seemed to recognize that fact and I always appreciated that about him. He rarely voiced a ridiculous opinion just to sound edgy or controversial, like Mazz and that D-bag big Jim Murray do all the time.

I'm a white guy. Next to Dale Arnold I'm positively pumpernickel. I guess you guys got used to his schtick but to me he's always been a complete hypocrite going with whatever prevaling direction the wind was blowing...to wit his disgustng sycophantic adoration of Roger Goodell and vociferous defense of every Goodelian pukeration that came along, followed by an 180 degree about face when the entire Boston sports media went after the Goon post deflategate. Yes, a very good play by play announcer and media pro but the man himself just aggravated the shyt out of me. This being said, I wish it was Steve Colbert taking the big adios instead.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
Back