PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Why do hosts still put on Steve from Fall River or Dakata from Braintree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Been flipping back and forth between WEEI and 98.5 and I had the displeasure of hearing Steve from Fall River on the Big Show. The guy is an old coot moron who hasn't made a decent point in the 10 or so years I have heard him on the radio (same with Dakota from Braintree). I know why Ordway puts him on because he likes to have moron callers so he can ridicule them, but I have heard Steve from Fall River on Dale and Holley and Gresh and Zo and Dennis and Callahan this week. He basically said the same thing on each show (apparently, he wanted to brag he went to the game in Miami or something). Everyone knows who he is and he is an airwaves killer (same with Dakota).

I will give Felger credit other than one time that I know of, he has banned him and the moron celebrity callers from his show.

Is it me who really hate these guys or do people actually like them coming on the airwaves saying some of the most moronic contrarian things (they make Borges look intelligent)? Why do talk show hosts let them on and almost all of the do? Am I off on this? Personally, having guys like this on only to say stupid things just for the host to ridicule them is the worst form of talk radio.

Those callers make the hosts look good by comparison.

See??

But seriously. I think it just part of the shows, which are half schtick and half sports talk (or political talk, especially during the morning drive).

I don't know either, i don't listen to eei often but i heard this Dakota charector about three years ago and again a couple of days ago. Hes a complete idiot of a clown. As for steve from fall river never heard him.

Fall River owns you:rolleyes:

They are talk shows, I don't think most of them care which side the callers take, just as long as they call in.

Because it's the only way Ordway can appear intelligent.

I don't know either, i don't listen to eei often but i heard this Dakota charector about three years ago and again a couple of days ago. Hes a complete idiot of a clown. As for steve from fall river never heard him.

Steve from Fall River laments that the Pats didn't draft Bob Sanders (he has complained for years the Pats drafted Ben Watson rather than Sanders eventhough he never acknowledges that Sanders is never healthy). He basically said the only reason the Pats won the Super Bowl is because of guys drafted acquired during the Parcell/Carroll era (Law, Bruschi, McGinest, Faulk, Brady, and Vinatieri he calls his Super Bowl Six). He gives little credit to Belichick. He makes the same arguments over and over again, week after week, year after year (well, that is only bad when people other than me do it).

They are talk shows, I don't think most of them care which side the callers take, just as long as they call in.

Every talk show has screeners. They weed out callers who are off topic or aren't interesting enough. They also bump up callers who they think will be good radio.

Steve from Fall River laments that the Pats didn't draft Bob Sanders (he has complained for years the Pats drafted Ben Watson rather than Sanders eventhough he never acknowledges that Sanders is never healthy). He basically said the only reason the Pats won the Super Bowl is because of guys drafted acquired during the Parcell/Carroll era (Law, Bruschi, McGinest, Faulk, Brady, and Vinatieri he calls his Super Bowl Six). He gives little credit to Belichick. He makes the same arguments over and over again, week after week, year after year (well, that is only bad when people other than me do it).
I see, pretty ugly. I'd turn off the radio like i did listening to dakota the other day. Remember AL from Everett while i got sick of his Parcells ball washing (long after he left for NY) he was kind of fun to listen to, he got into such a rage.

Last edited:
Because it is all they have.

Ugh!!!! Why even post this thread? Your expectations are out of whack if u expect to hear anything uplifting or educational from WEEI. I say grow a pair a and shell out the money for sirius

I will give Felger credit other than one time that I know of, he has banned him and the moron celebrity callers from his show.

The callers are, by far, the worst thing about WEEI - and that says something. They seek out malcontents and nutjobs who make the Big Show's hosts' pedestrian knowledge of sports seem encyclopedic. It is by design, it is part of their shtick, and it is the only way Ordway, D&C and the like don't get exposed as frauds.

Yet another reason 98.5 is better.

Last edited:
Ugh!!!! Why even post this thread? Your expectations are out of whack if u expect to hear anything uplifting or educational from WEEI. I say grow a pair a and shell out the money for sirius

I have Sirius. Just get tired of listening to pure NFL talk and like to hear Patriots talk which isn't on all that often on Sirius NFL radio.

I have Sirius. Just get tired of listening to pure NFL talk and like to hear Patriots talk which isn't on all that often on Sirius NFL radio.

WEEi is the last place u should go for pats...

The callers are, by far, the worst thing about WEEI - and that says something. They seek out malcontents and nutjobs who make the Big Show's hosts' pedestrian knowledge of sports seem encyclopedic. It is by design, it is part of their shtick, and it is the only way Ordway, D&C and the like don't get exposed as frauds.

Yet another reason 98.5 is better.

Felger may not let the Dakotas and Steves from fall river on but they have this Louie guy from the Bronx call with his nasally accent, today he called Brady a systems QB because Felger says that Brady went to Moss too much and will be a better QB without Moss as a distraction. So if Brady now is successful it will be because he's a systems QB.

Wasn't Brady drafted during BB first year with the team? That would make him a Belichick guy.

Wasn't Brady drafted during BB first year with the team? That would make him a Belichick guy

They dont let facts get in the way of a good argument.

Dakota is a Yankee fan ... that's what you need to know about him.

Steve from Fall River would still have a secondary with Milloy and Law, Vinatieri would still be our kicker, Damien Woody still on our line and don't forget Seymour ... Steve would have paid him a boatload to keep him here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes