PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Glenn Ordway Retires From Afternoons At WEEI/Boston

Even after I moved away from New England, after the game I'd always tune in to Glenn, Fred, and DeOssie.

Glenn wasn't perfect, but he wasn't a douche. These days on Boston radio, that's about all you can hope for. I wish him well.

only a fat bowling ball midget with a dead rat sewn into his scalp could last 34 years..the reason? RADIO...

I liked the show. Good luck Glenn. Enjoy your retirement.

Wiggins is....damn. His hero worship of Belichick is embarrassing.

Wiggins is awesome. Obviously I don't agree with everything he says but love his personality.

And I always feel bad that his last catch during SB 36 to set up the game winning Field goal never gets mentioned. Haha.

I'm probably in the minority but I enjoyed Glenn, Fred, DeOssie and Felger on the show early in the dynasty during the season. The whiner line got stale and the same callers got old. But the long drive home was enjoyable usually when they were on. I also liked Gresh and Zo better in that slot than today. Not a good judge of talent.

I cannot stand anything on 98.5 except Zoe. That morning show is for fart joke loving ***holes. ************.

Wiggins is....damn. His hero worship of Belichick is embarrassing.

I liked Wiggins as a player. On the radio he's a dumb-ass whose street-level shtick gets old after about 30 seconds.

Ordway is an irritating know-it-all pontificator who sucks all the air out of a room. I already feel a bit more relaxed knowing he's done and I've hardly listened to him since his return.

I'm probably in the minority but I enjoyed Glenn, Fred, DeOssie and Felger on the show early in the dynasty during the season. The whiner line got stale and the same callers got old. But the long drive home was enjoyable usually when they were on. I also liked Gresh and Zo better in that slot than today. Not a good judge of talent.

I remember enjoying the show the most in the 90s when they had Glenn, Smerlas, Steve Nelson (I'm 99% sure it was him), and that one guy who was like, the butt of all of their jokes - it's killing me that I can't remember his name. He wasn't a guest or a host he'd do like, bumper stuff and other work but they'd pull him into conversations.

Not Nelson, Steve DeOssie....and I think Butch Stearns is the guy you're thinking of

I remember enjoying the show the most in the 90s when they had Glenn, Smerlas, Steve Nelson (I'm 99% sure it was him), and that one guy who was like, the butt of all of their jokes - it's killing me that I can't remember his name. He wasn't a guest or a host he'd do like, bumper stuff and other work but they'd pull him into conversations.
Either Mikey Adams or Pete Sheppard?

His long and storied MLB career??
Crapping on a guy who made the majors? so 9 years in MLB is worthy of derision?

May not have been a storied career, but it was a long one for a guy who wasn't a super star player

Glenn had his quirks that drove me nuts at times, but all in all, he was entertaining to me. He was also from an era of sports radio that actually felt like people trying to have fun watching and talking about sports, as opposed to whatever sensationalist cesspool it's devolved into nowadays. Best of luck with this next phase Glenn! Thank you for making long commutes a little more bearable while you could.

Ordway, Fred and Nelly doing the Patriots Monday interview with Drew was very nice radio.

Felger was on the Big Show at one point?

I never quite knew whether I liked Glen or not.
Right there with ya.

I def don't despise the man but I can only take him in small to medium doses.

Hard to fathom this man has been a peripheral figure in my sports world since I was 9 years old and i'll be 50 in a couple of months. Crazy.

Felger was on the Big Show at one point?
Yep they rotated in a bunch of guest hosts. Felger. Bill Burt. Buckley. Shank.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back