PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Former Red Sox Hanley Ramirez??? Update: Recklessly Dragged Through Mud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when they ran Francona out of town, based on a bunch of malarkey about him taking too much prescription meds of something like that.. always skeptical of "dark forces" in the RS org that do will certain things or spread rumors to justify their actions..

Remember when they ran Francona out of town, based on a bunch of malarkey about him taking too much prescription meds of something like that.. always skeptical of "dark forces" in the RS org that do will certain things or spread rumors to justify their actions..

The Red Sox are a perfect fit for the Globe, the "newspaper" that printed Chuck Turner's fake picture of our soldiers gang-raping Iraqi women.

Things have gotten pretty weird when EEI is holding up competency standards for the rest of journalism.

And, for what it's worth, we are part of the "dragging through the mud" through the creation, reading, and commenting on this story. We don't have clean hands either.

You're kidding, right?

This is ridiculous. A Massachusetts guy driving around with a pound of Fentanyl and a "large amount of cocaine" is stopped by the police and proceeds to Facetime Hanley Ramirez while the police are there?

That doesn't help us one bit. If he really cared about us, he would have Facetimed Roger Goodell.
If he had, we'd have to get him off and honor him some how, too

The Red Sox are a perfect fit for the Globe, the "newspaper" that printed Chuck Turner's fake picture of our soldiers gang-raping Iraqi women.
The printing of the faked pictures of that purported incident was wrong, no way around that. The Globe had a responsibility to verify and they failed at the core responsibility of good journalism. Yeah, they were misled but it's on them to get it right before going to print.

That said, like or loathe the Globe, they typically get their facts straight. Being a journalist and having to sort through spin and outright lies they are told isn't an easy task - even for the most mundane stories.

The original 'story' (actually a tweet) was by MIchele McPhee, the biggest hack on the planet.

The printing of the faked pictures of that purported incident was wrong, no way around that. The Globe had a responsibility to verify and they failed at the core responsibility of good journalism. Yeah, they were misled but it's on them to get it right before going to print.

That said, like or loathe the Globe, they typically get their facts straight. Being a journalist and having to sort through spin and outright lies they are told isn't an easy task - even for the most mundane stories.

The editor who let that slip through got an editor's job with the Washington Post. He probably got a raise too. I wonder how many of our soldiers died because of that fake photo. I know it was used at the time for propaganda and I'm sure it worked.

Anyway, back to Hanley.

I'm not a big MLB or Red Sox fan anymore, but this kid seems to be getting a raw deal. Was he even involved at all?

The editor who let that slip through got an editor's job with the Washington Post. He probably got a raise too. I wonder how many of our soldiers died because of that fake photo. I know it was used at the time for propaganda and I'm sure it worked.
Errors happen and the Globe got used. They failed in their jobs but it doesn't mean the editor should be blackballed, unless you are saying allowed the information to go to print knowing it was untrue.

And I would say that more soldiers were put in harms way as a result of the actual gang rape and murder of a 14 year old Iraqi girl in 2006. Anyway, back to Hanley...

Anyway, back to Hanley.

I'm not a big MLB or Red Sox fan anymore, but this kid seems to be getting a raw deal. Was he even involved at all?
From every report I have ever read, Hanley was a good teammate and good clubhouse guy but his plate appearances this year put him in line to make close to $22 million next year. At that price, he should have been an upper echelon hitter and he wasn't.

And, for what it's worth, we are part of the "dragging through the mud" through the creation, reading, and commenting on this story. We don't have clean hands either.

I know not this 'we' you speak of. I had no part any mud dragging, I was off burning an entirely different witch.

"I'm just a mud dragger's son..dragging mud until the mud dragging's done.."...(which is a damn sight better than a fig plucker's son plucking figs until the fig plucking's done)..."

Go ahead...say the above five time fast...I double doggy bag dare ya!

Good healthy internet discussion gents.

Is it your position that the ridiculousness of

merits some 5 page dissertation filled with flowery love notes about its brilliance? Perhaps you could write that up. Feel free to start by explaining how the mere act of reading a story would leave one with unclean hands in this instance.

If only we had a section for a discussion about the Red Sox.

Is it your position that the ridiculousness of

merits some 5 page dissertation filled with flowery love notes about its brilliance? Perhaps you could write that up. Feel free to start by explaining how the mere act of reading a story would leave one with unclean hands in this instance.

Yes clearly there is no middle ground between that option and your actual ‘contribution’.

My neighbor's cat sprayed me while I was eating wheat thins. How much time do I have left?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back