PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Former* Patriot named to Eastern League All Star game

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why I posted a link to the Eastern league stats. Why not make a thread about Jason Martin? He's hitting 325, has more home runs than Tebow and an on base percentage over 900 [Tebow 740] and he plays center field, a much more valuable position. And he's 22 which means he might have a chance to play in the pros instead of hogging a roster spot for a late in life fantasy.

probably for the same reason people are not talking about what Julie wore to the beach yesterday.

Tebow belonged in that All Star game. I read yesterday that he hit a double in that All Star game. So Tebow was not out of place.

He is right in his place as a mediocre AA player. Mediocre is not bad, it's ordinary. I don't think most players spend time in the minor leagues to be ordinary, they want to be one of the handful that get a shot at advancing.

He is right in his place as a mediocre AA player. Mediocre is not bad, it's ordinary. I don't think most players spend time in the minor leagues to be ordinary, they want to be one of the handful that get a shot at advancing.
Sure, this (AA baseball) could be the top of where Tebow can have success. Can he have success at AAA or higher, maybe not. We may see.

Sure, this (AA baseball) could be the top of where Tebow can have success. Can he have success at AAA or higher, maybe not. We may see.

I don't care. If you do, great. I am rather sick of celebrity culture elbowing out hard work and talent for opportunities, but that's hardly limited to Tebow.

You were the one who introduced his beliefs in a mocking manner into it. I merely responded and pointed out the hypocrisy. Given how you’d used to preach tolerance whenever someone was critical of Islam (the term “Islamaphobe” was tossed out a couple of times), you clearly have more tolerance for some religions than others. That’s fine. But then religion should be open game to be mocked and joked on across the board and you would have no business preaching tolerance. Being selective is illogical and hypocritical.

How do you define hypocrisy, from your "selective memory"??? Any evidence I ever used the word "Islamaphobe"??? Do not ever recall using that word.. my memory is also challenged regarding instances where I preached tolerance. Many assumptions few facts...

FYI do not have much tolerance for any organized religion.. particularly those who involved public displays of it during a sporting event. When a Muslim player bows to mecca after a good play let me know..

Tebow is having a mediocre AA year.. .277 avg, .341 OBP and .407 slugging. As much as many fans want this 30 year old to make an impact on the major leagues, there is no indication it will occur.. if he does make it to the major leagues, fans will be drawn to the seats as he just another roadside attraction.

When he did his brief stint with the Pats and went to TC, sat in the aluminum seats next to a woman and her son... as I normally do struck up a conversation.. I asked her how long was she a Pats fan?? She told me she did not like the NFL and did not want her son to ever play football came up to see Tebow from her home in Western Ct. That is a long drive to see a guy from afar for non football reasons..

When he did his brief stint with the Pats and went to TC, sat in the aluminum seats next to a woman and her son... as I normally do struck up a conversation.. I asked her how long was she a Pats fan?? She told me she did not like the NFL and did not want her son to ever play football came up to see Tebow from her home in Western Ct. That is a long drive to see a guy from afar for non football reasons..
Perhaps Mr. Tebow was the father of her son or she wished it to be so. After all, the heart wants what the mind allows it to want.

Perhaps Mr. Tebow was the father of her son or she wished it to be so. After all, the heart wants what the mind allows it to want.
Tebow's too busy dating Miss Universe.

(I am sure the anti-Tebow crowd will find some way to spin that into a negative though)

Funny how you're not wise enough to realize that the extra attention Tebow brings to the game by being there helps 40-something other kids having great seasons who have dedicated their lives to following their dreams. I guess they don't matter though.

Not following you on this. Can you explain how Tebow making the AA All-Star game helps other players? Legitimately confused by this.

So...if I go to this ball park to see His Holiness will Sports Blob...er..Babe Brandy be there? and her staunch defender Remarker?

and yes, I still clearly remember that onslaught of Tebowites when he spent a summer here and I still consider SportsBabeBrandy a moron and Remarker, the Tampa Bay prison guard, a complete schmuck. In case you're still silently trolling this board. Jerkoff.

I remember feeling bad when I found out Christian Cat was a lady, because i had challenged the assertion that CC was a Pats' fan. She obviously wasn't but it's all good. She was a fan of Christian QBs, which is also just fine. But man oh man were those Tebow devotees devoted spamming this board.

(I am sure the anti-Tebow crowd will find some way to spin that into a negative though)

Too many hyphens in her name and she's from South Africa, Tebow should date Murican!

Not following you on this. Can you explain how Tebow making the AA All-Star game helps other players? Legitimately confused by this.

I think he's saying all the attention Tebow draws brings attention de facto to the other players that they normally wouldn't get.

I think he's saying all the attention Tebow draws brings attention de facto to the other players that they normally wouldn't get.

Until or unless those players make the big leagues the other players will not benefit from Tebow's popularity, save maybe signing a few extra autographs because there are more fans. That doesn't help their careers. It's not a big deal, it's just a bizarre assertion.

Obviously I wasn't talking about Tebow, I was talking about the woman's motivations. I think if Tebow conquers the universe, we'd all be suitably impressed.

Having increased attention and media presence focused on the game helps all the other players participating in the game who are trying to make a name for themselves and get noticed.

Until or unless those players make the big leagues the other players will not benefit from Tebow's popularity, save maybe signing a few extra autographs because there are more fans. That doesn't help their careers. It's not a big deal, it's just a bizarre assertion.
How is it bizarre to suggest that a double-A player would be helped by getting more national attention than he otherwise would get? Well, I suppose if someone went out and played poorly and made errors in that game then the increased attention would not have helped.....

But do you really not see how a minor league baseball player who is trying to make a name for himself would benefit from increased attention and media presence at their all star game? Really..?!?

How is it bizarre to suggest that a double-A player would be helped by getting more national attention than he otherwise would get? Well, I suppose if someone went out and played poorly and made errors in that game then the increased attention would not have helped.....

But do you really not see how a minor league baseball player who is trying to make a name for himself would benefit from increased attention and media presence at their all star game? Really..?!?
You think this is how MLB scouting departments work in today's age of advanced stats and data collection? A shining performance at a double-A all star game gives a guy a moment in a very small spotlight. That's great, but that's all it amounts to career-wise.

Regards,
Chris

You think this is how MLB scouting departments work in today's age of advanced stats and data collection? A shining performance at a double-A all star game gives a guy a moment in a very small spotlight. That's great, but that's all it amounts to career-wise.

Regards,
Chris
Then maybe you should explain that to @RayClay who is weeping and wailing for the poor, poor hard working kid whose life and hopes and dreams were ruined because he got bumped off the All Star team for Tebow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back