PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Eli Manning announces retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’ll get in based off his name and 2 super bowl MVPS. Very mediocre career otherwise.

Damn shame that shEli, the Rapist, and PayaTon have 2 rings each, when they shouldn't by all rights have any at all.

Damn shame that shEli, the Rapist, and PayaTon have 2 rings each, when they shouldn't by all rights have any at all.

Peyton + Eli + Rivers + Ben + Brees + Rodgers + Wilson + Ryan + Luck + Newton = 9 rings

Brady + Garoppolo = 8 rings (maybe 9 next week). :)

Brady to Eli (joking): “I wish you hadn’t won any SBs.”

My social media account full of Pittsburghers: “Brady is such a classless loser. Who would even say such a thing? What a whining, cheating, arrogant crybaby.”

Brady to Eli (joking): “I wish you hadn’t won any SBs.”

My social media account full of Pittsburghers: “Brady is such a classless loser. Who would even say such a thing? What a whining, cheating, arrogant crybaby.”

Did Ben explode yet like a an over-microwaved meatball?

Did Ben explode yet like a an over-microwaved meatball?
I think he’s growing out that Bigfoot-looking beard of his, in an attempt to look even more like a fat, homeless bum. I bet he smells awful.

I think he’s growing out that Bigfoot-looking beard of his, in an attempt to look even more like a fat, homeless bum. I bet he smells awful.

Could you imagine Brady to Pittsburgh? Lol.

Could you imagine Brady to Pittsburgh? Lol.
I saw some ridiculous USA Today article that suggested as much. I can’t believe that people get paid to write such nonsense.

The thing with Eli is that just about everyone knows that he was not even close to a HOF level QB. The fact a perennial top 15ish QB is getting serious consideration is bizarre. The Super Bowl win thing has been used as too big a career weapon and too big a career reward over the years in my opinion. It can clearly help differentiate some of the all-time greats and should be one of about 6 or 7 factors taken into consideration but how a player who "led" his team to a total of 36 offensive points in 2 Super Bowl wins and whose team AVERAGED 19 points game in his 12 total career playoff games has somehow acquired this "comes up huge in the biggest games" reputation is baffling.

Manning led 3 big drives and was an important part of the 2 Super Bowl wins. He won MVP because of late game plays and the fact that defensive players rarely win it but he did not have incredible games. Kudos for winning but he is heralded like he won a couple shoot outs. He scored less points in the 2 games than Nick Foles did in one.

Matt Ryan played better in Super Bowl than Eli did. If Falcons kicked the late FG, stopped a 2 point conversion or picked the Edelman play he likely wins Super Bowl MVP.

He was an average player. Finished in the bottom half of QB ratings over half his career. Should Pablo Sandoval make the HOF due to 3 World Series wins and great post season success including an MVP? Of course not.

Plunkett, arguably a superior player, is not in the HOF. He doesn't belong there, either, but he belongs in before Eli. It's just two mediocrities who happened to win multiple Super Bowls.

Congrats to them on the titles. Let them enjoy the HOFs of their respective teams. But they don't belong in Canton.
Jim Plunkett was a championship player, in New England and after. When he had a decent team, they excelled. VERY few other quarterbacks would have started 6-1 in '74 w/NE and in '76 w/SF, or taken talented but undisciplined Raiders teams to two titles.

Lumping him in with Eli is insulting to Plunkett, who definitely deserves to be in the PFHOF as much or more than three dozen who are in it, including Namath.

I would say that had he been drafted by any other team and had an identical career, he would be in. Shula hype overcame where he got Buoniconti from.

Rivers and Ryan don't sniff the HOF without rings IMO. They don't stand out enough statistically and they play for teams that have never mattered.
Like Neil Lomax, or Drew Bledsoe

Jim Plunkett was a championship player, in New England and after. When he had a decent team, they excelled. VERY few other quarterbacks would have started 6-1 in '74 w/NE and in '76 w/SF, or taken talented but undisciplined Raiders teams to two titles.

Lumping him in with Eli is insulting to Plunkett, who definitely deserves to be in the PFHOF as much or more than three dozen who are in it, including Namath.

I would say that had he been drafted by any other team and had an identical career, he would be in. Shula hype overcame where he got Buoniconti from.

Jim Plunkett is the other QB with multiple SB wins and not in the HOF, so the link to Eli is obvious. And Plunkett, like Eli, has no business in the HOF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back