PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT - Celtics to trade #1 overall pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deal is done. Fultz goes to philly. Honestly the bigs in this draft suck. Take Dennis Smith at 3

So Ainge trades Fultz for Jackson this year, get the Lakers #1 next year to go with the Brooklyn pick in a draft with supposed a lot for good bigs, get the Sacramento #1 for 2019.

Plus adds Hayward in a coupe of weeks.

Guy really sucks eh?

So Ainge trades Fultz for Jackson this year, get the Lakers #1 next year to go with the Brooklyn pick in a draft with supposed a lot for good bigs, get the Sacramento #1 for 2019.

Guy really sucks eh?

They're only getting the 18 Lakers pick which is top 2 protected and protected 11-30. They only get the Sacramento pick if the 6ers keep the Lakers pick.

This is a terrible trade, Wyc should veto it and fire Ainge.

So basically Celtics have ...

2017 Phila 1st
2018 Bk's 1st
2018 C's 1st

-2018 LaL 1st

or

2019 Sacramentos 1st-

2019 C's
2019 LaC 1st
2019 Mem 1st

Last edited:

Guy really sucks eh?

I don't really like Jackson that much. If they go guard I prefer Dennis smith. If they really want to take the risk the guy with the highest potential ceiling imo is Isaac. Drafts all about potential. I believe Stevens can get Isaac to reach his potential.

They're only getting the 18 Lakers pick which is top 2 protected and protected 11-30. They only get the Sacramento pick if the 6ers keep the Lakers pick.

This is a terrible trade, Wyc should veto it and fire Ainge.
The Lakers' pick's protection is #1 overall and 6-30. Looks more like Ainge's setting it up for a trade, not actually interested in the picks themselves.

The Lakers' pick's protection is #1 overall and 6-30. Looks more like Ainge's setting it up for a trade, not actually interested in the picks themselves.
ainge could have waited till draft night to make this trade if he wanted to. look for another trade this week.

wow Danny really traded the #1 pick.. I can't say I am college basketball expert because I am clearly not. But if Fultz was the best player they should have taken him.

I swear to christ if he goes out and trades all of this crap for Jimmy Butler I am going to scream.. and most likely boycott the Celtics. I am not a big fan of Butlers game and everyone knows Paul George is going to LA when he hits FA.

So basically Celtics have ...

2017 Phila 1st
2018 Bk's 1st
2018 C's 1st

-2018 LaL 1st

or

2019 Sacramentos 1st-

2019 C's
2019 LaC 1st
2019 Mem 1st

The Memphis 1st is decent but top 7 protected. The Clipper pick blows and is top 15 protected. Garbage picks and near useless in trade or picking.

Don't fall into the picks are good. Only good pick right now is the BKN 18, and with how the basketball gods usually look upon such things, that BKN pick will be the in the 10-14 range.

That would be exactly what Ainge deserves.

Not sure I understand the need for all this "capital", as what is the value of having all these picks if you are not going to use them??

So now we have more 1st round picks, for what reason???

If stockpiling picks helped win games I agree, but it makes no sense to do this.. particularly in light that players can choose what team they play for.. see Durant, Lebron et al..

I know we made the ECF this year, but no matter what this team does will compare to the Cleveland roster..

Whoa, seems like someone is getting her period or seriously lacks reading comprehension and reasoning skills. The fact of whether Bird sat or quit his freshman year is immaterial to the point I was making which was comparing Fultz against Bird was not a fair comparison as Bird did nothing his freshman year in college (he quit because he wasn't going to play). Might be good for you to take your own advice.
Thanks for confirming and validating my initial impression of you. "...her period..."? Stay classy...

Thanks for confirming and validating my initial impression of you. "...her period..."? Stay classy...
Not sure where you are coming from. You started with the insults and classless quote, over an immaterial detail about something that happened more than 40 years ago. I didn't say anything derogatory in my post but you chose to be a smartazz. But whatever, believe what you want.

The only way I can get on board with this move is if they somehow manage to trade all of these assets that they have acquired for Anthony Davis. Long shot, I know. Butler is aging and overrated, IMO. Not a guy who will help them long term. I think Fultz is clearly the best player in this draft. 19 yrs old and a talent that will translate very well to the NBA level. I think they should have taken him in a heartbeat, even if it meant parting ways with IT within a year or 2. Now, they have allowed a rival team in Philly to construct a talented young core with immense upside. I don't think Ainge got nearly enough back in this deal. I hate it for Boston unless they end up with Anthony Davis when all is said and done, which is highly unlikely

Actually seems like less of a haul in return than I expected. Though it kind of feels like Ainge is gearing up to use the new assets for a different deal. We'll see soon I suppose.

As a side note, let's try to keep things civil, yeah? Criticizing the team is fine, everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, doing so in a nasty manner or personally attacking other posters because they disagree is not okay. I've had to delete several posts in this thread already.

I don't really like Jackson that much. If they go guard I prefer Dennis smith. If they really want to take the risk the guy with the highest potential ceiling imo is Isaac. Drafts all about potential. I believe Stevens can get Isaac to reach his potential.

Well I don't watch much college BB so I don't have strong feelings on these guys.

Now IF Ainge wanted say Jackson MORE than Fultz then the trade makes a lot of sense, he just picked up a lottery pick for free.

I say commentators who said if Fultz were a real stud his team would have won more than 9 games. Perhaps there were red flags from the Celtic's POV?

I also hear that Crowder and the Philly #3 could go to Chicago for Butler,

We could sign Hayward and still have the Brooklyn and Laker pick next year (with the restrictions on the Laker pick) this could be a great move. We shall see in the coming weeks.

Not sure I understand the need for all this "capital", as what is the value of having all these picks if you are not going to use them??

So now we have more 1st round picks, for what reason???

If stockpiling picks helped win games I agree, but it makes no sense to do this.. particularly in light that players can choose what team they play for.. see Durant, Lebron et al..

I know we made the ECF this year, but no matter what this team does will compare to the Cleveland roster..
In order to complete with CLE and GS Danny basically needs Davis and Butler.

I think he knows that and sees the only short term way to acquire both player of that caliber is via FA and trade thus why the 437 1st Rd picks he has stockpiled

My only criticism of this trade is the timing. Why now? If they could make this trade today, they could have made it later in the week. Why not wait and see if you can do better?

I'm not upset about losing Fultz, I'm sure he's a talented player, but so is whomever they get at #3, and neither would have a huge impact on this upcoming season anyway. I would have preferred any trade came with a player, especially a big.

BTW- regardless of the draft, the team building of the 2017-18 Celtics is FAR from over. So this trade needs to be configured with whatever happens the rest of this off season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes