PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT - Celtics to trade #1 overall pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mea Culpa. I totally forgot about Baynes. I was looking at Wikipedia's overall Celtics page which didn't update his signing (but Wikipedia's 2017-2018 Celtics page does include the Baynes signing). Yeah he'll definitely help on the glass, and for less money than Zeller was due this season, upon further research.

I am completely in the dark about Theis. The only statistic I have read about him listed his height at 6'9. If his weight > 235, then he might be able to help on the boards too. He can't be any worse than Olynyk & especially Jerebko.

I suspect this guy:
B99475473Z.1_20161213211932_000_G811960QT.4-0.jpg

is going to bring a bit more toughness to the interior D than KO or Zeller did.

I wasn't aware that Bradley would be making that much money next season. If he is, then I can understand Danny's willingness to part with him. But why did he sign him to that kind of contract in the first place?
bradley isnt over payed. but he will be. the contract he has now is fine. its the next contract the celtics are concerned about. they didnt want to just let avery go with out getting something for him. the reason danny traded bradley and not crowder or smart was to fit hayward under the cap. and because they were not going to sign him to a max deal after next season. they cant because they have to sign isiah who will also be a free agent next year. they can't afford to pay Isiah Hayward and Bradley max deals and they can get more in a trade for smart or Crowder because they have multiple years left on reasonable contracts other teams want. i dont think the celtics think bradley is a max guy even if they could pay him what he wants.

It doesn't appear that Boston is among those teams to where Irving would like to be traded.

Shane Larkin will have his opportunity to show what he can do here; but I would've just kept Demetrius Jackson to see if he could've run the floor with the other starters.

Mea Culpa. I totally forgot about Baynes. I was looking at Wikipedia's overall Celtics page which didn't update his signing (but Wikipedia's 2017-2018 Celtics page does include the Baynes signing). Yeah he'll definitely help on the glass, and for less money than Zeller was due this season, upon further research.

I am completely in the dark about Theis. The only statistic I have read about him listed his height at 6'9. If his weight > 235, then he might be able to help on the boards too. He can't be any worse than Olynyk & especially Jerebko.

I read that Theis is 245lb, so maybe the LeBron stopper? Theis is quick, jumps well, crashes the boards, plays great defense. I think he went undrafted in 2013 so he was an UFA. I think he is better defensively than Zizic, but Zizic is much better offensively and younger.

I'm not a big fan of ranking players all time particularly when they played in different eras. Even the 80's was far different than PP's era. That said he's an all time great Celtic and that's the Truth.

No way he can be ahead of
Bird
Russell
Havlicek
Cousy
Mchale

So top 5 is out.

Cowens
DJ
Jones

Would be ahead of pierce to me.
It's 2 of him, white, sharman and heinsohn rounding out the top 10.
Just realized I left The Chief off my list. Gotta put him with cowens, DJ and jones in 6-9 spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back